MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

dxgirly

Is Glamora Castle similar to smoke and diamonds? Does anyone know?
shrugs.gif

I'm hoping they're semi-close, because I just hit the pan on my Smoke & Diamonds, and I use that shade all the time. I can do a comparison on Thursday when I get my goodies if you'd like?
smiles.gif

TealAngel

Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881
here ya go doll!
img12021.jpg

Thank you Erine for these two swatches!! I love the color of both lpstk and gloss
heart.gif
These remind me of a neutral pink ls sample that I also loved and used up from another company.
Im thinking really hard if I have a shade this neutral anymore...I don't think I do! lol...I lost another beloved shade similar to this so...I may just pick this up!

2browneyes

They're probably doing that hoping to prevent the mass hysteria of releases past. I don't like it much either but I understand if that's their reasoning. But ppl are gonna b checking the site every 5 minutes anyway so...
smiles.gif

KittyKat

Girls, do you think Full Fuchsia could be somewhat similar to Hollywood nights l/s from Heatherette? I'm desperatley trying to cut down my list so I'm looking for possible dupes that I already have
greengrin.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
If Cut a Caper looks on me like Karla's swatches, it will be the 1st lipstick that I'm backing up
blush-anim-cl.gif

It's very good to see a lot of swatches before buying, I'm sure I'd be overwhelmed at the store if I hadn't checked the items online. Now, I really want just 2 or 3 items
shockt.gif

I like it much more in that swatch than in some others. Now I'm tempted again.
wacko.gif

I was getting back and forth about not getting any eyeshadow palette at all, and get Vain&Glorious Lip Bag instead, but 45 Euro is a lot of money. What's the point in making a product set, when it's pretty much the same prize as if I would buy the items individually? If it was just a bit cheaper, I'd get it. Now I'm back to my original list: Hark the Heraldry Face Kit, Reelers&Rockers palette and somehow I feel the need to get Petrol Blue Pearglide Liner. I don't really use any eyeliner, and I haven't worn any blue on my eyes yet, but I like the colour in the swatches and I want to try something new. Can't wait to play with it.
cutey.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think I've cut myself down to a pretty reasonable size on this one. Currently planning on:

Reelers & Rockers
Play It Cool
The Faerie Glen
Glamora Castle

I have the two first ones on hold at the pro store, since I've already been able to swatch them.

Other things I'll probably want to swatch:

Black Swan
Black Line
Lord It Up
Undercurrent- just to see what all the hype is about. I don't have a single pearlglide and precious few liners to begin with...
Cut A Caper- probably too peachy, but worth a look
Courting Lilac
Deepest Wish- because skipping a dark lippie just seems wrong to me
Semi-Precious

TealAngel

I think I will skip Courting Lilac now...went to a CCO yesterday and picked out a Slimshine lpstk in Scant. Scant is kinda purple-y if I remember correctly and a pretty shade
heart.gif
Don't want too have to many lpstks of similar color just yet, as I have Aristo-Cat too...

Im unsure now of the single eyeshadows, I only want one...ack! I thought I wanted Semi-precious...now seeing A Wish Come True again...Hmm...

RayannaBanana

I actually finally got a hold of someone by phone and she told me it'll be online tomorrow, the latest Wednesday morning or maybe late tonight. I assume she's right, I just find it weird when sometimes they can't seem to give you a straight answer.
I've always order online on the same week it launches in stores but 2 days before.

I guess I won't know for sure though.

JennsJewelz

I actually finally got a hold of someone by phone and she told me it'll be online tomorrow, the latest Wednesday morning or maybe late tonight. I assume she's right, I just find it weird when sometimes they can't seem to give you a straight answer.
I've always order online on the same week it launches in stores but 2 days before.

I guess I won't know for sure though.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely be online checking as often as I can
greengrin.gif
TT Forum Party the next few nights while we wait?
party.gif

TealAngel

I think this is my list...not final yet
smiles.gif

Black Swan
Lord it up
Semi Precious or A Drean Come True...not both! I want to wait and hold out for the Peacocky collec eyeshadows!!
Sly as a Fox np..can I pass up a np...obviously not!
Viva Glam lip kit

I am debating though the Vivia Glam kit or the Happily Ever After lip palette...any thoughts? if you could get just one?

Im starting to rethink the lip palette only because do I really need three more lipstick colors (I know they aren't regular size, but still)..also because that bright pink included kinda scares me
I also want to be selective about lipsticks...I can't wait to see the ones from the Peacocky collec!
smiles.gif

Alty

TealAngel: honestly I don't feel comfortable using a lip palette…although these look lovely the idea of lip products in a pan just makes me think "uhm…hygiene?"
I used to have those nice little sets of eyeshadows+lipgloss when I was a teenager and the creamy products used to get filthy. I've always taken good care of my makeup, I wasn't leaving it open around the house etc, but I suppose they just attracted dust
wacko.gif

JennsJewelz

TealAngel: honestly I don't feel comfortable using a lip palette…although these look lovely the idea of lip products in a pan just makes me think "uhm…hygiene?"
I used to have those nice little sets of eyeshadows+lipgloss when I was a teenager and the creamy products used to get filthy. I've always taken good care of my makeup, I wasn't leaving it open around the house etc, but I suppose they just attracted dust
wacko.gif
I'm the same way! They look pretty, but all of the lip palettes I own as a part of larger sets just go unused most of the time because they collect all the fallout from the other products
ssad.gif
I realize these are only lip products, but I just can't seem to make the transition yet!

LittleMaryJane

^
iagree.gif
with you guys... I only have one multi-product lip pallet thing and it's a bit of a mess, I rarely ever use it. I just don't like lip pallets anyway, I don't like my lip products in that form.

TealAngel

Quote:
^
iagree.gif
with you guys... I only have one multi-product lip pallet thing and it's a bit of a mess, I rarely ever use it. I just don't like lip pallets anyway, I don't like my lip products in that form.

Hmm...thanks for the input! It's making me think twice. Ive had lip palettes with two colors and I didn't mind that..I finished both colors...but three colors...not too sure now. since one is an iffy shade. Though I was hoping to get a palette for the plaid fabric on the lid...LOL
smiles.gif
Im not sure I can justify spending $36 for an eyshadow palette since there are days I don't wear eyeshadow

I was at the CCO and saw last year's lip palettes...and the lipsticks in the tester palette were melty looking! But I think that was because the tester's lid is used to being more up than down, exposing the lipsticks to different elements

erine1881

Black Swan
Black Line
Lord It Up
Undercurrent- just to see what all the hype is about. I don't have a single pearlglide and precious few liners to begin with...
Courting Lilac
Semi-Precious
do you like mermaid colours? if so, then you will pee yourself!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well crap, I forgot about the pigments. I have Later already, but the other two are coming home with me for sure. Did I mention that I was practically a pigment virgin when I joined specktra? Now I'm buyin' 'em two at a time! You don't even want to see what happened to me when FF came out...

I think I've cut myself down to a pretty reasonable size on this one. Currently planning on:

Reelers & Rockers
Play It Cool
The Faerie Glen
Glamora Castle

I have the two first ones on hold at the pro store, since I've already been able to swatch them.

Other things I'll probably want to swatch:

Black Swan
Black Line
Lord It Up
Courting Lilac
Semi-Precious