MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

sapnap

UC is kinda similar to COvet by UD, tho UC is sparklier /prettier and more green on me:)

Happy birthday Glam!!!!!! Wish you an awesome year ahead!

ShesAFoxyLady

Does anyone think this collection is going to sell out super quick in the UK or should I be okay to wait a few days? I'm interested in the blushes, pearlglides and a brush bag...
wondering.gif

If anyone in the UK manages to get the free material tartan gift bag from their mac counter, could you let us know how many items you had to buy/how much you had to spend?

Also, has anyone ordered the xmas gift wrap option from the mac uk website? It looks like it might be those gift bags on the photo?

MrsMay

I finally checked this collection out at the counter today (it was released on Monday) and I have to say I was happy with my CP choices :)

I have CP'd dashing lassies palette, rockers & reelers palette and The Family Crest pigment.

I swatched the other two pigments but they didn't do it for me. Undercurrent was pretty but I know I would never wear it cos I think lighter liners look funny on me, and I have similar enough colours in the other pearl glides to be able to pass them. None of the lipsticks interested me at all.

All in all I am very happy with what I'm getting
smiles.gif

Soul Unique

For the 2 must-haves: I find a few things that I got quite loveable, like TFG or the blushes - but they don't necessarily win the Absolute Uniqueness contest.

I definitely join the Baron's Rose team - so Dazzle the lads, that's my must have number one!
smiles.gif
(it didn't let me down!)

I suppose the Pearlglides are quite awesome as well, my Black Swan didn't budge all day, but I think I may still have to get used to the glittering, it's quite intense imo (or just only wear it on nights out...) . I haven't used Undercurr. yet... but I like the idea of the Pearlglides, and as far as I can see they are quite special for MAC?

Hm... but I really don't have a must-have #2... what a bummer!

So, I'd go for Baron's Rose
party.gif
the special packiging is pretty darn nice as well, and maybe one of the piggies if you are a piggy-fan (I think they look amazing, especially Moonlight Night; for me there is just no point in getting them for myself
ssad.gif
)... or if you think that HBC works on you, then I'd definitely get that!

But I'll let the girls who actually really know their MAC talk now
blush-anim-cl.gif

*Katie*

Does anyone think this collection is going to sell out super quick in the UK or should I be okay to wait a few days? I'm interested in the blushes, pearlglides and a brush bag...
wondering.gif

If anyone in the UK manages to get the free material tartan gift bag from their mac counter, could you let us know how many items you had to buy/how much you had to spend?

Also, has anyone ordered the xmas gift wrap option from the mac uk website? It looks like it might be those gift bags on the photo?
It's 5 items to get the tartan bag (I only got 4 so got this plasticy kinda tartan one, lol)

Also, how similar are black swan and black line? I want to get one of them...

ShesAFoxyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Katie*
It's 5 items to get the tartan bag (I only got 4 so got this plasticy kinda tartan one, lol)

Also, how similar are black swan and black line? I want to get one of them...

Thanks, I remember you saying 5 items
smiles.gif
I was just curious whether different counters are imposing different limits...??

I'm fancying 5 items but it reality I would probably have cut my list down to 3 or 4. Is it really bad to be tempted to go with the 5 to get the free bag?
blush-anim-cl.gif

I'm wondering the same about black swan and black line. I like the look of the one with silver glitter (black swan?) if the sparkle is really obvious when it's on. The one with gold shimmer looks quite 'green' on the mac site and I want one thats definately black...

s_lost

I'm wondering the same about black swan and black line. I like the look of the one with silver glitter (black swan?) if the sparkle is really obvious when it's on. The one with gold shimmer looks quite 'green' on the mac site and I want one thats definately black...

Black Swan is the black with silver/blue sparkles. Black Line is gorgeous, the golden sparkles give it a hint of green. They're nothing alike.

s_lost

I pressed my first pigments! Later is kinda ugly, but with use it will not matter. But Moonlight Night turned out pretty good, what do you think?

LMD84

my black box arrived today much quicker than i expected to be honest! moonlight night pigment looked lovely but i'm not wowed. family crest however is stunning!! even my work mate commented on how awesome the swatch looked! so sparkly, smooth and also i can see the purple really easily in it - a grade A pigment in my eyes!
love.gif

bis

I pressed my first pigments! Later is kinda ugly, but with use it will not matter. But Moonlight Night turned out pretty good, what do you think?

eyelove.gif

I will need to get to press my new piggies as soon as I get them
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

Thank you all for the birthday greetings yesterday!! It totally made my birthday so awesome!! Yesterday I got Gone Romancin' dazzleglass creme and it's so gorgeous in the tube!!! Can't wait to try it with Courting Lilac l/s!

ShesAFoxyLady

Well I've got my goodies...

* lady and her tricks brush bag
* Her Blooming Cheek blush
* and my first two pearlglides: undercurrent and black swan.

I didn't buy Her Highland Honey blush as it didn't seem very pigmented at all, but now having seen the mac artists wearing both blushes together as a combo, I may well go back for it because the combination looked really lovely...

Blackline was also lovely but I swatched it next to urban decays 24/7 'stash' and its almost identical so that saved me some £££

Oh, and I managed to get my free gift bags that I wanted so much
ok.gif

2browneyes

iagree.gif
This is an awesome lipstick!
I got yesterday

The Faerie Glen l/s
Courting Lilac l/s

Moonlight Night pigment
Later pigment

Glamora Castle e/s

6 Beauties Play It Cool palette

Her Blooming Cheek blush

Style Clan n/p

Vain & Glorious lip bag

I love what I got!!
love.gif
Congrats on your haul Susanne!
smiles.gif

nychick1384

I absolutely love the Pearlglide eyeliners!!! I think those will be an automatic buy for me in any collection. I love that they just don't budge after they set!

bevcita

Moonlight Night is <3. Later looks like the pink side of VV's My Dark Magic!

I'm wearing Black Swan today. I can totally see the diff now between this and Black Russian. On the eyes, Black Russian's sparkle is a bit brighter than Black Swan's.. I can also see how it leans a little bit blue but it's still pretty gorgeous nonetheless. A girl can't have too many beautiful black liners right?

MACina

Well I've got my goodies...

* lady and her tricks brush bag
* Her Blooming Cheek blush
* and my first two pearlglides: undercurrent and black swan.

I didn't buy Her Highland Honey blush as it didn't seem very pigmented at all, but now having seen the mac artists wearing both blushes together as a combo, I may well go back for it because the combination looked really lovely...

Blackline was also lovely but I swatched it next to urban decays 24/7 'stash' and its almost identical so that saved me some £££

Oh, and I managed to get my free gift bags that I wanted so much
ok.gif

That sounds sooooo great!!!

I have to try this
yes.gif

ShesAFoxyLady

Quote: Originally Posted by MACina
That sounds sooooo great!!!

I have to try this
yes.gif

It looked fantastic, you could still see the two colours but they blended together well. Reminded me of an ombre type effect. Apparently they didn't even bother to apply the two colours seperately, they just applied both of them onto the same brush before applying to their face - so real easy too!

The colours reminded me of those orange and pink 'fruit salad' sweets, lol!

*Katie*

Just found out I'm getting my bursary tomorrow, so going to pick up all the pearlglide liners. Think they look amazing. If blackline is like 24/7 UD then I won't bother getting that one and pick up MHH too.

Anyone like/have opinions on the e/s? I dont know if £15 is just too much money...