MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I realized I wasn't using my Lavender Whip very much, so I did a very rare thing - I found and bought a backup so I can now use it as much as I want!
yes.gif
Let's hope it will get re-promoted some time.

Yes, let's! I actually just got mine a month ago in a swap (BNIB) but I wish I could find a back-up.... Love to use this one more. *Crosses fingers for a re-promote* I will seriously buy like four.
yes.gif

Hendrix

If any of you Lavender Whip-ers are detubers, there's seriously another half inch of lipstick in those tubes, even after you've worn them down to nubs.
thmbup.gif

GlamQueen21

Since I've got Lavender Whip l/s from a lovely Specktra member, I also need another backup of that gorgeous lippie! I haven't used it yet since I'm scared to use it. If MAC repromotes it, I'll be getting at least 3! Courting Lilac l/s will so be mine and will be backing it up!

laylalovesmac

Courting Lilac will be the first thing in my cart! Deepest Wish also sounds very promising to me and Faerie Glen will be an instant buy since I am obsessed with anything faerie! Also, the black green pigment. I'll have to see the black-gold one in person.
yes.gif

Sorry if this is a newbie question but are the holiday collection lipsticks in special packaging? Trying to decide if I should save my B2M stuff or not.
th_dunno.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
we need to band together and put pressure on for a re-promote

iagree.gif
we do!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Courting Lilac will be the first thing in my cart! Deepest Wish also sounds very promising to me and Faerie Glen will be an instant buy since I am obsessed with anything faerie! Also, the black green pigment. I'll have to see the black-gold one in person.
yes.gif

Sorry if this is a newbie question but are the holiday collection lipsticks in special packaging? Trying to decide if I should save my B2M stuff or not.
th_dunno.gif

the colour collection ones are in normal packaging, but the lip bag sets usually have special packaging
yes.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
I realized I wasn't using my Lavender Whip very much, so I did a very rare thing - I found and bought a backup so I can now use it as much as I want!
yes.gif
Let's hope it will get re-promoted some time.

I don't really get MAC's decisions about what gets repromoted a lot of the time. Here they have Later going in a collection only a few months after it was first introduced and Mauvement running in back-to-back collections, but there are products like Lavender Whip and Lightscapade that don't come back at all, despite having a huge fan base.

It annoys me, because if they ever do come back, it'll be a "Stereo Rose situation" all over again. I got SR, but I didn't like the fact that I felt all this pressure to rush out immediately to get it... Sigh...

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I don't really get MAC's decisions about what gets repromoted a lot of the time. Here they have Later going in a collection only a few months after it was first introduced and Mauvement running in back-to-back collections, but there are products like Lavender Whip and Lightscapade that don't come back at all, despite having a huge fan base.

It annoys me, because if they ever do come back, it'll be a "Stereo Rose situation" all over again. I got SR, but I didn't like the fact that I felt all this pressure to rush out immediately to get it... Sigh...

I'm often a bit confused too about Mac's repromotes. I wonder why they repromote certain things that were not very popular in the first place, and not those with a high demand.

Worrying about makeup takes all the joy away from it. I like the excitement of new collections, but the fear of not getting to a counter soon enough to have a chance to get a product is sometimes stressing. Although when you do get the product you were after feels good, but if you don't dispite your effort...that sucks!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

Quote:
I'm often a bit confused too about Mac's repromotes. I wonder why they repromote certain things that were not very popular in the first place, and not those with a high demand.

Worrying about makeup takes all the joy away from it. I like the excitement of new collections, but the fear of not getting to a counter soon enough to have a chance to get a product is sometimes stressing. Although when you do get the product you were after feels good, but if you don't dispite your effort...that sucks!

some of their repromotes are kinda silly. what's the point in repromoting an item so soon after it's just been out, or in three collections in a row? why not just make it permenant?

they know what items we're all lusting after, so why not give us them instead of freakin' showstopper eyeshadow/mauvement pigment AGAIN.
angry.gif

LMD84

yeah the re-promotes rarely make sence... but i guess perhaps it is old stock from the time before? maybe that is why we get things so often!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
the colour collection ones are in normal packaging, but the lip bag sets usually have special packaging
yes.gif

Awesome! I will save my B2M for this then since it is so close to VV.
th_DANCE.gif

trulynicole

What I wanna see is the lip box set things! They should be more creative and have a lipglass/lustreglass set, a cremesheen/dazzleglass set and a plushglass/dare to wear lipglass set.

Kind of a stretch but MAC should come out with different ideas
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
What I wanna see is the lip box set things! They should be more creative and have a lipglass/lustreglass set, a cremesheen/dazzleglass set and a plushglass/dare to wear lipglass set.

smiles.gif

OMG! If they did DtWLG sets, I would buy all of them up!
drools.gif

The chances of that happening are very slim though, unfortunately.
sigh.gif

LMD84

Quote:

smiles.gif

yeah mac should switch things up with the holiday collections. i want them to do the mini paint sets again and no more mineral shadows! at least we have full size piggies though this year!
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:

smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yeah mac should switch things up with the holiday collections. i want them to do the mini paint sets again and no more mineral shadows! at least we have full size piggies though this year!
smiles.gif

yes! i don't tend to buy much from the holiday collection because there's not much variety, the colours kinda suck and it's pretty repetitive. this year sounds very promising though
greengrin.gif
can't wait to hear what sets we're getting. hopefully they've got bored of doing the same old MES and mini piggies etc and try something different. i saw a photo of the mini paints and they were adorable! and a very good way to get into products you've not tried before.

does anyone buy the softsparkle pencil sets? from what i've read on here, they're one of the most hated items!

i can see me buying a few of the shadow palettes though if the packaging isn't too cheesey.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
does anyone buy the softsparkle pencil sets? from what i've read on here, they're one of the most hated items!

i can see me buying a few of the shadow palettes though if the packaging isn't too cheesey.

No
winks.gif
I look forward to the mini lipglass and pigment sets again, but no liners for me.

And I guess I will buy two e/s palettes again. (If there will be those cool eyes and smokey eyes again....)

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
No
winks.gif
I look forward to the mini lipglass and pigment sets again, but no liners for me.

And I guess I will buy two e/s palettes again. (If there will be those cool eyes and smokey eyes again....)

that's the two i'd go for as well
smiles.gif

i'm curious why MAC keep releasing those liner sets when they don't sell well and the feedback is so bad for them
th_dunno.gif
doesn't make much sense to me.

Almus

I have not visited the forum as much as I'd like lately so right now I am kinda lost. So I just read a few posts behind this last one and I am amazingly surprised ... ¡¡¡¡mini sets!!! I have never seen such thing and I am all excited =D

I am not finding any info on Google right now but it seems there were this type of mini sets before, were they always available with Christmas collections? It's so weird and fascinating to be a newbie in MAC's world =P

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
I have not visited the forum as much as I'd like lately so right now I am kinda lost. So I just read a few posts behind this last one and I am amazingly surprised ... ¡¡¡¡mini sets!!! I have never seen such thing and I am all excited =D

I am not finding any info on Google right now but it seems there were this type of mini sets before, were they always available with Christmas collections? It's so weird and fascinating to be a newbie in MAC's world =P

if you check out past holiday collections you'll find them
smiles.gif

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...-minis-114039/

that's the 2008 ones, i can't find last year's ones but they were called 'mischief makers'; and in 2007 i thiiiink they were called 'curiositease'. before then i have no idea, but if you read back in this thread there's pictures of the mini paints
smiles.gif

usually they're a set of 5 mini pigment vials, mini lipglasses or mini softsparkle pencils in a fancy round carton.

i can't find any more photos on specktra, but if you google mac holiday sets then you should get pictures of them
smiles.gif

Latest posts