MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
does anyone buy the softsparkle pencil sets? from what i've read on here, they're one of the most hated items!

They were awful!!! First of all they were crap to begin with when they were just full-size and released in a regular collection. I got the mini set for my mom one Christmas because she loves glittery eyeliners but there is nothing soft about them. You will stab an eye out while using these! The quality was bad and the shades were nothing special. She never used them to this day but still has them.

Now if MAC really wants to do us all something good, they would make a mini set of the pearlglide eyeliners because those were AMAZING!!!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
They were awful!!! First of all they were crap to begin with when they were just full-size and released in a regular collection. I got the mini set for my mom one Christmas because she loves glittery eyeliners but there is nothing soft about them. You will stab an eye out while using these! The quality was bad and the shades were nothing special. She never used them to this day but still has them.

Now if MAC really wants to do us all something good, they would make a mini set of the pearlglide eyeliners because those were AMAZING!!!

hell yes to this! i would snap that up and a back up!
tong.gif
but yes teh softsparkle liners are pretty poor - and not soft!

spunky

Quote:

how amazing would that be?! seriously, MAC need to do this!

Camnagem

I always look forward to the mini lipglass sets too Susanne!
mac_lglass.gif

I know I've said this before, but...I'd flip out over a mini greasepaint stick set. That would rock my world!

This collection has so much potential. I hope we get pics and more info soon!
yes.gif

peachsuns

Quote:

th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
Yes, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
I really hope we see some images from this collection soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
mac_lglass.gif

I know I've said this before, but...I'd flip out over a mini greasepaint stick set. That would rock my world!

yes.gif

I so agree with you, ladies!
choochoo.gif

trulynicole

Quote:
does anyone buy the softsparkle pencil sets? from what i've read on here, they're one of the most hated items!

Believe it or not, the younger generation of MAC lovers don't know any better and I see so many teens having those. They think it's cool since it is MAC so they buy it.
th_dunno.gif
Can you use them as eyeshadow bases?

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
... there is nothing soft about them. You will stab an eye out while using these!

This made me laugh
greengrin.gif
It's good to know though because I had never heard anything about these liners and now I know to steer clear!

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
Believe it or not, the younger generation of MAC lovers don't know any better and I see so many teens having those. They think it's cool since it is MAC so they buy it.
th_dunno.gif
Can you use them as eyeshadow bases?

It looks like a regular pencil eyeliner so i'm not sure how good of a base these would make or how long it would take to colour in your eyelids! Maybe you are thinking of shadesticks? Those work well as a base, a bigger, and also came out in the mini holiday sets a few times.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
mac_lglass.gif

yes.gif

So would I!!!!
yes.gif

Right now, this is the collection exciting me the most. Probably because we don't know much. But, it won't be a huge haul, I don't think. I never buy the palettes, the lipglass sets, or the kits, but I am looking forward to the solo lipsticks, pigments, and pigment sets, if they have them.
th_DANCE.gif

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
Here's a pic of the item you found. I wished they'd come out with something like that again
greengrin.gif

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/...0d7df5bf06.jpg

I just went through the whole post and found the picture ...

Seriously, who do I have to talk with in MAC to get one of those with this collection? Cause I will go wherever it is necessary to have a few words with him / her ...

Mini paint, mini paint pots, mini pigments ... (my wallet is now hiding from me since I saw all the posibilities in this collection
th_DANCE.gif
)

User38

Quote:
that's the two i'd go for as well
smiles.gif

i'm curious why MAC keep releasing those liner sets when they don't sell well and the feedback is so bad for them
th_dunno.gif
doesn't make much sense to me.

those liners were truly atrocious
thmbdn.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
I just went through the whole post and found the picture ...

Seriously, who do I have to talk with in MAC to get one of those with this collection? Cause I will go wherever it is necessary to have a few words with him / her ...

Mini paint, mini paint pots, mini pigments ... (my wallet is now hiding from me since I saw all the posibilities in this collection
th_DANCE.gif
)

I believe the CEO of MAC is still John Demsey -- but not sure anymore.. you might want to call EL HQ in NY
yes.gif

User38

I have testers for Holiday 2010 -- but those were locked away many months ago.. so I would have to look and report back on what colors are in there
smiles.gif

cbh02b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I have testers for Holiday 2010 -- but those were locked away many months ago.. so I would have to look and report back on what colors are in there
smiles.gif

Wha!?!? HerGreyness you are awesome! I am most interested in that Courting Lilac lippie! Will it be like a Lavendar Whip recreation!?! ahhh so many possibilites.....
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
smiles.gif

I'll help you look
greengrin.gif

trulynicole

Quote:
smiles.gif

love.gif
that would be amazing! thank you for everything you do here!

Latest posts