MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I need every colour in the palette to make me happy! I love all the colours, from bright to neutral, light to dark and everything between!
tong.gif
But teals, purples and neutrals tend to be the dearest when I look at my palettes.
winks.gif

yeah i have a crazy amount of teals! and i love them all equally, even though some look very very similar!
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yeah i have a crazy amount of teals! and i love them all equally, even though some look very very similar!
smiles.gif

That's like me and my dark lippies. But I swear I can just feel the difference between them. Like even if no one else could tell the difference, I just know every nuance of the shade that I'm wearing. That's why I know I'm picking up Kittenish and Dark Deed this fall, even though I know I have similar colours already.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
maybe my brain isn't working, but what's resort 2012? and isn't january 2012 16 months away?
wondering.gif
i really am missing something here
ssad.gif

Spunky darling, the Resort Collections usually set the tone of what will be shown for Spring Collections 2012 -- but Resort is usually shown 3+ months earlier
smiles.gif
than Spring... if we go by a standard calendar, in order to Show products for Resort 2012, the products would have to be ready by Fall 2011
yes.gif
or earlier
winks.gif

I am sorry -- I don't mean to confuse anyone. Maybe I should not post about the nuts and bolts of the industry
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztdlilangel
where would specktra be without you? haha thank you!

no no darling Twizdt -- Spectra was here before me and will be here after me
smiles.gif
but thanks for the thought
smiles.gif

Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
winks.gif
Darlin Layla -- yes -- 2012! It sounds crazy but I will repeat what I have said before, the fashion industry (and color cosmetics is fashion) moves a minimum of a year ahead what is currently on the market
yes.gif

Right now, we are talking new technology for MU and for it's application
graucho.gif
--

sheers -- and btw think purple
winkiss.gif
for next year
winkiss.gif

Next year? Every year!!

liba

Quote:
I am sorry -- I don't mean to confuse anyone. Maybe I should not post about the nuts and bolts of the industry
smiles.gif

Keep on posting the nuts & bolts shop talk, HerGreyness! We're a bunch of nuts here already!
th_thstars.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Keep on posting the nuts & bolts shop talk, HerGreyness! We're a bunch of nuts here already!
th_thstars.gif

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

So true!
choochoo.gif

spunky

Quote:
Spunky darling, the Resort Collections usually set the tone of what will be shown for Spring Collections 2012 -- but Resort is usually shown 3+ months earlier
smiles.gif
than Spring... if we go by a standard calendar, in order to Show products for Resort 2012, the products would have to be ready by Fall 2011
yes.gif
or earlier
winks.gif

smiles.gif

thanks for explaining that HerGreyness!

oh no! don't stop posting about things like this! i find it very interesting and i'm sure i'm not the only one
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
thanks for explaining that HerGreyness!

oh no! don't stop posting about things like this! i find it very interesting and i'm sure i'm not the only one
smiles.gif

yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus

It's so good and bad at the same time to be a newbie in this: so good to discover new stuff and purchase it w/o thinking I may have enough of this or that product, but at the same time, so bad cause I feel I am like 10 millions miles away from anyone here
blush-anim-cl.gif
... I have so much to learn ...

I agree I feel so behind everyone because I only got into MAC like six months ago. I missed so many collections and l/e and don't know what some of the products mentioned are etc. Im in the same learning boat as you
smiles.gif

twiztdlilangel

Quote:
your wallet will let you know when you have learned
greengrin.gif

take your time and buy wisely
smiles.gif

clapping.gif

So very true!

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
th_thstars.gif

Hehehehe
th_LMAO.gif

I agree, HerGreyness, keep us up on the nuts and bolts! We'll learn
tong.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
I agree I feel so behind everyone because I only got into MAC like six months ago. I missed so many collections and l/e and don't know what some of the products mentioned are etc. Im in the same learning boat as you
smiles.gif

i felt like that when i got into MAC 18 or so months ago, don't worry about it
smiles.gif
products are repromoted quite regularly, new LE stuff comes out with most collections and there are very few products that aren't dupe-able.

one of the best resources you have is specktra! there's so much information on here, and if there's anything you need answered or whatever, there's plenty of us who will help out as best we can
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
smiles.gif

I just started 6 months ago, too (joined Specktra on Feb. 3rd) so I feel lost a lot of the time.... I've decided not to stress on l/e d/c items tho. If I can get my hands on em, I will, but I'm not going to pay big money for that kind of stuff.
winkiss.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I just started 6 months ago, too (joined Specktra on Feb. 3rd) so I feel lost a lot of the time.... I've decided not to stress on l/e d/c items tho. If I can get my hands on em, I will, but I'm not going to pay big money for that kind of stuff.
winkiss.gif

I agree on the not spending tons on l/e d/c items if they come out in a new collection so be it. I just feel like the things on my permanet list are so long and I got into mac during what Ive been told is a time when MAC is coming out with SO MANY collections which I am also told is not normal- god I hope they stop for a bit. I'm honestly kinda overwhelmed and when I go to the store I'm debating over getting collection stuff or permanent stuff you know? I unfortunately do have a budget. Then some of the others products that are mentioned in post I don't know what they are talking about
th_dunno.gif
. I guess I am just making something big out of nothing.Thanks tho I don't feel so alone.
winkiss.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I agree on the not spending tons on l/e d/c items if they come out in a new collection so be it. I just feel like the things on my permanet list are so long and I got into mac during what Ive been told is a time when MAC is coming out with SO MANY collections which I am also told is not normal- god I hope they stop for a bit. I'm honestly kinda overwhelmed and when I go to the store I'm debating over getting collection stuff or permanent stuff you know? I unfortunately do have a budget. Then some of the others products that are mentioned in post I don't know what they are talking about
th_dunno.gif
. I guess I am just making something big out of nothing.Thanks tho I don't feel so alone.
winkiss.gif

I have a HUGE perm list, too. But, at camnagem's suggestion, I'm going to start buying one perm item with every collection haul. Slowly but surely wins the race....
winkiss.gif

Latest posts