MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

LMD84

I use it wet and it shows nice, but for some reason the reflects don't stay in my eye more than 3 hours :( Don't have delft but I'll try to get it!!!

Thank you !!!!

also i add more of the transparent teal glitter on the top to make it really sparkle and bring out more green :)

tthelwell

Am I the only one who hasn't seen Melon pigment IRL. I guess so. LOL Could anyone describe it?
cutey.gif

I didn't buy a lot from this collection, but quite happy with what I got. I got only four items: The Family Crest, Moonlight Night, Undercurrent, and The Faerie Glen. I cannot wait to play with them this weekend.
choochoo.gif
Awwwww! I'm sure others haven't seen it either.

Melon is such a unique color it's hard to describe. It's a peachy golden color is the best I can come up with. but it is just simply divine! I attached swatches for u. Hope they help.

I think u got 4 GREAT items! Enjoy my dear! :)

Melon (WET), Brash & Bold, Push The Edge

nunu

I got Full Fuschia lipstick
Her blooming cheek blush
Lord it up and Black swan pearlglides
Moonlight night and the other pigment (not later)
Dashing lassies eyepalette and both of the face kits :)

JennsJewelz

For getting more green out of Moonlight Night, try it over Undercurrent PG as a base - it worked for me! I posted pics way back if you're interested - I found the texture helped the reflects to stay in place, and I applied it dry! :)

Hilde

I think this might be my favorite collection ever, or at least the one I've got the most stuff from, two lipsticks( 3 if you count the VG V i already have), one face kit, one lip kit and a brush set(plus having to get samples of violet pigment after seeing it IRL plus naked, gilded green, blue brown and naked after the swatches) I really liked gone romancin' too but it's not the best value.

chidarkcy

For getting more green out of Moonlight Night, try it over Undercurrent PG as a base - it worked for me! I posted pics way back if you're interested - I found the texture helped the reflects to stay in place, and I applied it dry! :)

Thank you!! I'll try everything!! lol!
I'm in love with the swatches I saw here, so I won't stop until I get the teal to stay in my eyes!!!

martiangurll

I think this might be my favorite collection ever, or at least the one I've got the most stuff from, two lipsticks( 3 if you count teh CG V i already have), one face kit, one lip kit and a brush set(plus having to get samples of violet pigment after seeing it IRL plus naked, gilded green, blue brown and naked after the swatches) I really liked gone romancin' too but it's not the best value.
I know exactly what you mean! I got CL and TFG lippies, HBC blushie, Lord it Up and Black Line PG, A Lady & her Tricks baggie, and teh Smokey piggie set plus the last Family Crest piggie that they had left at Macy's. I want to go back and get the Dazzle the Lad bag, another bag of brushes, and all the pigment sets plus probably a teddy bear keyring. This is downright impoverishing...

Susanne

I will finally pick up my mini sets today!! Yay!

This will be my last MAC haul until Wonder Woman I guess. I will save my money for New York and a new bag in spring.

kittykit

I think I need Full Fuschia and a backup of Black Line because I've been the only one I bought early this month a lot!

No more MAC haul for me until I got my new handbang in Feb (for my birthday)! I need to avoid passing by MAC store, seriously...

LittleMaryJane

Has anyone been able to get Baron's Rose to show up with the rose part? I seem to have quite pigmented lips and the most I get is brown with a hint of rose if you know it's supposed to be there. I tried BR with Draw Me Close lip pencil (outlined & filled in) and paired it with Moth To Flame and Passing Fancy dazzleglas. If I pat it on lightly the hint of rose is more there (or the obviousness of brown is less visible). Any tips?
Have you tried priming your lips with concealer before applying the lippy? To wash out the pigmentation.

LittleMaryJane

I think I need Full Fuschia and a backup of Black Line because I've been the only one I bought early this month a lot!
I should back up Black Line because I've been using it a lot. I had to slow down because I don't really have the money to be buying backups right now. Need to save for other stuff.

LMD84

No more MAC haul for me until I got my new handbang in Feb (for my birthday)! I need to avoid passing by MAC store, seriously...

and which handbag will this be?! :)

kittykit

and which handbag will this be?! :)
I still can't decide if I should get a Monogram Speedy 30 or Alma! I've been to LV a few times because I wanted to get a Speedy 30 but I always ended up getting something else. I believe my decision will change again in Feb. Haha.

LMD84

I still can't decide if I should get a Monogram Speedy 30 or Alma! I've been to LV a few times because I wanted to get a Speedy 30 but I always ended up getting something else. I believe my decision will change again in Feb. Haha.
as long as we get pics of your purchase i will be happy! lol!

GlamQueen21

I wanted to backup Black Swan and Passing Fancy but decided not to. Someone is getting me the Vain & Glorious Lip Bag and I'm really happy about it!