MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

ILoveMakeup84

This collection looks really promising! Love the tartan theme!
greengrin.gif

LMD84

how long have mac been doing mes with the holiday collections? i know for sure since 2007... but what about 2006 and before? i just wish they'd take a break from the mes. i do like the ones i have but i don't use them that often. plus i feel like they are quite expencive for what they are...

Visi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i just wish they'd take a break from the mes. i do like the ones i have but i don't use them that often. plus i feel like they are quite expencive for what they are...

iagree.gif

I'm not a huge fan of MES and have up to now only one from Style Black. I might get one from ITG but I think I might concentrate more on the MSFs.

I would love a nice smokey/taupey eye palette and a nude lipglass set
heart.gif
in a tartan design
heart.gif
I'd be ALL over that!

Oh, and I would also like some guys with no shirt on and a kilt making a necklace for me
graucho.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visi
iagree.gif

I'm not a huge fan of MES and have up to now only one from Style Black. I might get one from ITG but I think I might concentrate more on the MSFs.

I would love a nice smokey/taupey eye palette and a nude lipglass set
heart.gif
in a tartan design
heart.gif
I'd be ALL over that!

Oh, and I would also like some guys with no shirt on and a kilt making a necklace for me
graucho.gif

who wouldn't want that?!
cutey.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
how long have mac been doing mes with the holiday collections? i know for sure since 2007... but what about 2006 and before? i just wish they'd take a break from the mes. i do like the ones i have but i don't use them that often. plus i feel like they are quite expencive for what they are...

I'm pretty sure 2007 was the first time they introduced MES to the holiday collections. They used to put out full size pigments and glitters. I wish they'd go back to that if the alternative is those crappy MES. First on the list would definitely be some nice e/s singles, though.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I'm pretty sure 2007 was the first time they introduced MES to the holiday collections. They used to put out full size pigments and glitters. I wish they'd go back to that if the alternative is those crappy MES. First on the list would definitely be some nice e/s singles, though.

yeah some single shadows would be nice... as well as full sized pigments!
smiles.gif

the problem is though, i think that the mes always sell well for some crazy reason! sure the colours are nice... but not when they add a crappy glitter part! although the 2007 ones didn't have that i don't think....

KIT

Im a sucker for these Holiday collections. I love the packaging-most of the time.
Looks like im going to have to start sucking up to my wallet-my boyfriend. LOL

elegant-one

Just give me some Holiday RED (I'm into red lately)
Maybe throw in some gold
smiles.gif

Give us something realllllly out of the ordinary that makes it super special have to have it. (I don't know what that is - yet)
lol.gif

anita22

Everyone seems to be loving the theme so far, but I have to admit I'm not really a fan of tartan. (Nothing against Scotland - beautiful country! - or anything Scottish in general, I'm just not all that partial to tartan). Kind of a shame because the Holiday collection is the one I look forward to the most every year... I guess I need to see more details about the actual products before I'm convinced on this one.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:

I actually still have one of the original MES they did. I brought something like 3 of them at the time. One just had two much fallout, one disintegrated and the other... I just don't use that often.

Other than that, I have one from Style Black, which I use reasonably often and Family Silver, which I use a lot, so of course it's discontinued. I find that the brightly coloured ones are very prone to fading and that many of the more muted shades have a tendency to look dirty.

Mabelle

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
th_happy1.gif
IM SO FLIPPIN EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!
th_thstars.gif

I seriously had to calm myself down!!!!! This is the best idea EVER!!!!!
I'm gonna be so broke
ssad.gif
But i dont even CARE!!!!! I LOVE TARTAN!!!!!!!!
drools.gif

yahoo.gif
nanaparty.gif
choochoo.gif

marquise

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Everyone seems to be loving the theme so far, but I have to admit I'm not really a fan of tartan. (Nothing against Scotland - beautiful country! - or anything Scottish in general, I'm just not all that partial to tartan). Kind of a shame because the Holiday collection is the one I look forward to the most every year... I guess I need to see more details about the actual products before I'm convinced on this one.

Same here. Glad I'm not the only one!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Just give me some Holiday RED (I'm into red lately)
Maybe throw in some gold
smiles.gif

Give us something realllllly out of the ordinary that makes it super special have to have it. (I don't know what that is - yet)
lol.gif

Sounds like Queen's Sin to me
winks.gif

I just wish they have the colours the girl in the promo is wearing as an eyeshadow and I am all happy.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindas1983
Please no mes with this holiday collection, fingers crossed for a red veluxe pearl regular e/s instead.

that would be wonderful!

Lisianthus

OMG! I loves it! I only wish the husband wasn't a such procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping then I might get my hands on a few things as gifts.

sailordom

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22

Same here. I don't care for tartan; probably the legacy of Catholic school and its hideous red plaid uniforms as a kid.
nonono.gif

I'll have to see what the products are like before getting excited for this collection.

Bella Mac

OOH! I love it. I imagine red lipsticks, warm brown and green eyeshadows, and some new MSF's. I'm so excited to see what it will be.

Latest posts