MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i would perhaps be interested in buying one of the brush bags off somebody who didn't want it. how big do we think they are??
smiles.gif

I'm not sure.
th_dunno.gif
How big are they normally? Regardless, I will be trying to buy one!!!
thmbup.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I'm not sure.
th_dunno.gif
How big are they normally? Regardless, I will be trying to buy one!!!
thmbup.gif

they're never usually that shape.. usually they are kind of like a normal make up bag or pencil case... but these bags look a little bigger that have the brushes in them.

cutegingerbread

I agree with a lot of you, I'm dying to see more and swatches/reviews and stuff! I wonder how the tin packaging is, maybe it can store some makeup?
tong.gif

Anneri

I think with SE brushes, you can never tell what quality you get. I got a set from Red She Said and it's just so-so. And then I got one of the travel sets earlier this year with a 187 in it, and it's great, while the one from Digi Pops which I got as a gift is really crap. It's unbelievable - two 187 SEs, one is really soft and the other isn't. One looses bristles, the other not. Etc. etc.
So - always look at the sets in advance. You can be pleasantly surprised as well.
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
I think with SE brushes, you can never tell what quality you get. I got a set from Red She Said and it's just so-so. And then I got one of the travel sets earlier this year with a 187 in it, and it's great, while the one from Digi Pops which I got as a gift is really crap. It's unbelievable - two 187 SEs, one is really soft and the other isn't. One looses bristles, the other not. Etc. etc.
So - always look at the sets in advance. You can be pleasantly surprised as well.
smiles.gif

I completely agree. I have some SE brushes that have held up well. Others I have just thrown out.

Bottom line - if it is in your budget - by the full size, and/or as Erin notes, the short handle (SH) brushes, which are the same as full size, only shorter handles. The full size, including the SH versions, are amazing quality.

If you want to give the SE brushes a try, then scope them out and try before you buy. Sometimes they are pretty good, sometimes not. It varies.

The "full size brushes vs. SE brushes" issue will always be a matter of preference and personal experience.

silentstorm143

The whole no color story is making me kinda not want the collection at all. I guess its the irritation of not having it that is making me feel that way.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
The whole no color story is making me kinda not want the collection at all. I guess its the irritation of not having it that is making me feel that way.

Same! but I know once we get it, I'll be swayed.
sneaky.gif

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I can't believe the first part of this collection is coming out in only a month...and we STILL have no colour story
blink.gif

Yeah,what the hell?
th_dunno.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I completely agree. I have some SE brushes that have held up well. Others I have just thrown out.

Bottom line - if it is in your budget - by the full size, and/or as Erin notes, the short handle (SH) brushes, which are the same as full size, only shorter handles. The full size, including the SH versions, are amazing quality.

If you want to give the SE brushes a try, then scope them out and try before you buy. Sometimes they are pretty good, sometimes not. It varies.

The "full size brushes vs. SE brushes" issue will always be a matter of preference and personal experience.

iagree.gif
fluffy.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Yeah,what the hell?
th_dunno.gif

What is the story with the color story on this one? I am getting anxious too!
th_dunno.gif

PlatinumV

Still 12 days??? Nooooooooooo! I was hoping each morning I wake up to find finally out this blessed colour story! Knowing I have to wait 12 more days is frustrating!!!
I want those pigments!

Do you think there is the possibility they are going to add also the pigments that were present in the A+O collection? That collection has been sold only in USA!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
Still 12 days??? Nooooooooooo! I was hoping each morning I wake up to find finally out this blessed colour story! Knowing I have to wait 12 more days is frustrating!!!
I want those pigments!

Do you think there is the possibility they are going to add also the pigments that were present in the A+O collection? That collection has been sold only in USA!

apparently later pigment will be in this collection but not the other two. and weirdly the a+o collection did come to the uk after all! bloody stupid!

AndSparkle

Hmm. I wish MAC would release some info a bit earlier. I feel like I can't get excited if I haven't a clue what is really being released. Sucks.

PlatinumV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
apparently later pigment will be in this collection but not the other two. and weirdly the a+o collection did come to the uk after all! bloody stupid!

th_DANCE.gif
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! "Later" is just the one I can't live without! ^^
Now, MAC, what about let us see that colour story?
angry.gif

EDIT
Don't know if it has already been posted:
http://toomuchblush.blogspot.com/201...ale-sneak.html