MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
...when they get round to sending it huh?

well indeed! still waiting on the missing lipstick!!! it's making me really frustrated now!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
well indeed! still waiting on the missing lipstick!!! it's making me really frustrated now!

i don't blame you! it's ridiculous they've taken this long to send it out.

laylalovesmac

Quote:

Aww Lou
th_hug.gif
That sucks! I sent mine in after you did and I got mine two weeks ago.
thmbdn.gif
It'll get there, I'm sure. *crosses fingers*

MzzRach

What's up MAC? Why no complete colour story details with official photos, when I believe this will be released next month?

I just don't get it.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
What's up MAC? Why no complete colour story details with official photos, when I believe this will be released next month?

I just don't get it.

I know! I'm starting to get frustrated.
angry.gif
Oh, well. Guess we will have to wait for Erin's update on the 27th.
sigh.gif

Flaminbird

I went to the FS store today and finally saw Ashley the MUA I hadnt seen in ages. She told me she was so excited for this collection to come out and thought everything was pretty. I didnt even bother asking to see anything because I've been there done that with no success...remember the way they act about stuff there.....like it's some secret thing. I told her I wanst that interested in anything though sadly.

laylalovesmac

Just went back and looked at the swatches of the piggies that HerGreyness posted (thanks
heart.gif
) and I am now thinking I may skip the kit part. Maybe one piggie set or a palette, but the color collection is exciting me a lot more right now. I know I will be, for sure, getting the peach blush, two lipsticks, and at least two pigments. Even that will be a big haul for me right after VV.
winkiss.gif

LMD84

i wont be getting a brush set from this collection anymore. as much as i love the holiday brushes one of mine broke yesterday. my foundation brush literally fell apart! it's not even my oldest or most used from a holiday set!
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
i wont be getting a brush set from this collection anymore. as much as i love the holiday brushes one of mine broke yesterday. my foundation brush literally fell apart! it's not even my oldest or most used from a holiday set!
th_dunno.gif

ssad.gif
Not cool!
thmbdn.gif
I might try to buy one of the bags, but not the brushes.
nope.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
ssad.gif
Not cool!
thmbdn.gif
I might try to buy one of the bags, but not the brushes.
nope.gif

yeah... usually i sing the praises of the brush sets but not anymore. this has annoyed me alot!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
yeah... usually i sing the praises of the brush sets but not anymore. this has annoyed me alot!

I'm sorry Lou!
th_hug.gif
Your MAC luck needs to turn around.
nonono.gif

On topic: I really do hope someone decides to get rid of the bags. I would definitely pay for them.
thmbup.gif

PlatinumV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84
I've heard of Kiko before! There nail polishes are awesome!

Not only polishes. I think e/s are the best pick in their collection. They're so pigmented! They're MORE pigmented than MAC e/s, not joking!

KIKO Cosmetics MakeUp, Face Treatment, Cleansing, Accessories Buy in case. And I can provide swatches, if needed.

No brush set for me. Never again in my life. The first thing I tried by MAC was a brush set and I got so discouraged that I didn't try any other MAC product in a year. Then, unfortunately for my wallet, I recovered the time
tong.gif

However, still no colour story yet? I need to know about those pigments, since I've already ordered 3 or 4 from the PRO store in Milan. I don't want dupes!

peachsuns

Quote:
th_dunno.gif

Oh, no! I'm sorry! That sucks!
ssad.gif

I recently got a last year's holiday set at CCO. I'm a little scared to use them now. Hope they won't fall apart soon.
eeksign.gif

fferonica

Quote:
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
Not only polishes. I think e/s are the best pick in their collection. They're so pigmented! They're MORE pigmented than MAC e/s, not joking!

KIKO Cosmetics MakeUp, Face Treatment, Cleansing, Accessories Buy in case. And I can provide swatches, if needed.

No brush set for me. Never again in my life. The first thing I tried by MAC was a brush set and I got so discouraged that I didn't try any other MAC product in a year. Then, unfortunately for my wallet, I recovered the time
tong.gif

However, still no colour story yet? I need to know about those pigments, since I've already ordered 3 or 4 from the PRO store in Milan. I don't want dupes!

WOW
shockt.gif
.. is the holiday brush set really that BAD?? I got my first MAC brush set about 10 years ago and they are still good until now.. but my friend recently told me that MAC doesn't make a good brush set anymore.. I guess I was lucky that I bought mine when MAC still make good ones.. Thank you all for your info, I was going to buy one of the brush set on this collection, now I will cross it from my list
thmbup.gif

Soul Unique

Oh noooo Lou, sorry to hear about your brush falling apart. I was willing to finally give the brush set a try based on your affirmation alone! Grrr - like Layla I too would buy the bag off anyone who doesn't want theirs [wishful thinking, perhaps?].

I guess that leaves the following on my Holiday wishlist then:

*The Family Crest - Pigment
*Her Blooming Cheek - Blush
*My Highland Honey - Blush
*Lipglass sets x2 [coral/pink] - debating still
*The Neutral Lipstick set
*1 Lipstick - once swatches are available

PlatinumV

@ Fferonica: in my opinion, yes. For many reasons:

1) the brushes are shorter, and for some brush types, it is a big problem!
2) the brushes are BAD. They're not soft at all, and for me, with super-delicate skin, they are a pain you-can-imagine-where. I simply get all irritated on my lids, red skin all around my eyes, start crying,... etc.
3) MUFE brushes are 10 times better than MAC brush sets.

instead, if you buy the brushes separately, they're definitely good. However, that story is true: I waited an entire year before trying again something by MAC. Pigments have been my ruin! :-D

Flaminbird

Quote:

Sorry about the brush Lou
ssad.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I'm sorry Lou!
th_hug.gif
Your MAC luck needs to turn around.
nonono.gif

On topic: I really do hope someone decides to get rid of the bags. I would definitely pay for them.
thmbup.gif

yes my luck really does need to turn around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Oh, no! I'm sorry! That sucks!
ssad.gif

I recently got a last year's holiday set at CCO. I'm a little scared to use them now. Hope they won't fall apart soon.
eeksign.gif

thanks sweetie. to be fair i have bought the brush sets for many years and have never ever had any issues until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fferonica
WOW
shockt.gif
.. is the holiday brush set really that BAD?? I got my first MAC brush set about 10 years ago and they are still good until now.. but my friend recently told me that MAC doesn't make a good brush set anymore.. I guess I was lucky that I bought mine when MAC still make good ones.. Thank you all for your info, I was going to buy one of the brush set on this collection, now I will cross it from my list
thmbup.gif

yeah this brush set was from holiday 2008 and i have much older ones which are fine but this one, not so much!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
Grrr - like Layla I too would buy the bag off anyone who doesn't want theirs [wishful thinking, perhaps?].

Exactly!
winkiss.gif

I really want the green one
drools.gif