MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

bis

More swatches: http://weheartthis.com/2011/08/18/mac-basics-mac-me-over-review-photos-swatches/ http://weheartthis.com/2011/08/18/new-black-mac-me-over-review-photos-swatches/ Finally an eye look with the Evil Eye quad, does not look so bad after all. :dunno: I like the colours, very me, but I am not sure if I can deal with more than the usual matte-bitchyness :dunno:

ansimi

I got to play with the collection tonight. I thought there were some really nice products. It's not a wow, inspirational type of collection but I think most makeup lovers will spot something they want for the coming season. I couldn't buy tonight but I put some products on hold and booked an appointment. Since I know I'll be spending enough on this collection, I might as well get my makeup done.

I'm getting the Lady Grey quad for sure. That's the one item that jumped out at me and made me want to use it. All the shades are nice and they work really well together. The Evil Eye quad swatches terribly but it might work better in actual application? I'm reminded of how awful Carbon looks in swatches but it's actually a nice eyeshadow. If you're interested in this one then maybe try the shades with a brush and see how they blend out? I wasn't interested in the colours so I didn't play with it much.

Stunner blush is WAY prettier in person than I expected it to be. I don't think it's unique but it's a great blush if you don't have a bunch of dupes.

I'm buying Creamy Bisque and Moleskin. I don't usually like single shadows but these are great basics for me to grab to finish a look when I've used a palette that requires another shade. If Creamy Bisque behaves wears well for me then I'd actually buy a backup because it's one of those colours that you think should be easy to find but actually isn't!

I might even get Outre. I don't own anything like it and it's not an obvious choice for my pale, pink skin but I think I might want to add it to my collection? I remember wearing a colour like that back in highschool in the late 80's. It's only a maybe for me but it would be amazing on lots of other skin tones!

The lipsticks and glosses look very seasonal. I tried on Runaway Red and wore it home. I had no other makeup and was wearing gym clothes but I know a red has to be tested:) It's a great true red and it didn't change any weird colours on me. I have many other reds so I think I'll pass but this is a good one. I am buying Offshoot because I like Creamsheens and this is an easy colour for me to wear.

UrbanSweetheart

Finally an eye look with the Evil Eye quad, does not look so bad after all.
th_dunno.gif
I like the colours, very me, but I am not sure if I can deal with more than the usual matte-bitchyness
th_dunno.gif

the swatch of Carbonized makes me want it even more than I already do
love.gif

xasperadastra

I really like the Lady Grey quad, goes on smoothly as opposed to the Evil Eye quad. I also liked Social Light lipglass, it's described as: Neutral Pink with pearlized pigments, but to me it has a rose/goldish/coppery aspect to it, kind of like pink gold!

you make me wanna have more
flower.gif

ladyarwen

Rawr...as much as it pains me, I think I'll have to pass on Runaway Red. I already have several red lipsticks and glosses, and I'm trying to keep my list below $150. Stupid real life...stupid school...stupid cops...*grumbles*

UrbanSweetheart

Rawr...as much as it pains me, I think I'll have to pass on Runaway Red. I already have several red lipsticks and glosses, and I'm trying to keep my list below $150. Stupid real life...stupid school...stupid cops...*grumbles*

lol @ "stupid cops"
rofl.gif

I'm trying to keep my list pretty low too..
stupid bills!
noworry.gif

bis

the swatch of Carbonized makes me want it even more than I already do 
love.gif
I agree, it really looks great, but somehow I have a feeling of deja-vu... and this time I will listen to it. I guess :lol: But Creamy Bisque is beautiful and I can never say no to a beautiful highlighter... :)
Damn. Think I'm getting evil eye too.
Thanks, so I am not alone. I hope they apply much better than they swatch, a lot mattes do. Here is me, hoping ;)

Ernie

I loved Creamy Bisque Too! Great highlighter for my lids as I am running low on Goldbit and Solar White. (sadly)

Miss QQ

Now I want Outré too! I like basic colours that I can wear all the time at the moment and I don't have a lot of these in my collection. I don't have satin taupe and I was at the counter today to swatch it. Love the texture and colour payoff!

buntewollsocke

New Evil Eye quad swatches by a German blogger: http://meilus-mingle-mangle.blogspot.com/2011/08/mac-evil-eye-quad-mac-me-over-le.html