MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

julishaw

*site, not sire. I'm not addressing a medieval knight.
blink.gif

shontay07108

Hi everyone! I'm done stalking the sire and decided to finally become an actual contributing member!
amuse.gif

It's still not on pro, and here is what the mac chat woman said to me :

Julia: I was wondering when the "Mac me over" collection will be live online
Julia: I am a pro member and it is a week before the official launch :)
Brandy: It is scheduled to launch on August 25th at all retail locations. It will be available here, for the public on the 23rd. Yes, it usually launches the week before the retail launch date for MAC Pro members here online as well.

Also, I really want the evil eye quad! Is it really THAT bad (chalky... but maybe still good for a more sheer application)??
Hi, Julishaw. It can be hard to tell if the EE quad is really so bad. You might just have to try it for yourself and see. Expectations for shadows vary from person to person. Perhaps it may give a softer look to the eye and you just might like it. I guess you can also grab one of those shadesticks to use as a base to make the quad more intense. Why do I feel like I am talking myself into buying something here? My name is Shontay and :addict:

Ernie

I was at the NYC pro store today, by 1:00 they had already sold out of carbonized eyeshadow, though they had plenty of 226 brushes. They did say they may get another shipment in. Later I will post swatches. I really liked the Lady Grey quad, but the Evil Eye quad was really a crappy consistency. Loved Stunner blush, gorgeous pinky/peach color.

XxMoOmOoxX

I was at the NYC pro store today, by 1:00 they had already sold out of carbonized eyeshadow, though they had plenty of 226 brushes. They did say they may get another shipment in. Later I will post swatches. I really liked the Lady Grey quad, but the Evil Eye quad was really a crappy consistency. Loved Stunner blush, gorgeous pinky/peach color.

I can't believe Carbonized sold out so quickly at the NYC pro store. I wonder how many they had in stock.

My Mac counter at Macy's only received 6 Mocha lipsticks in shipment when the Surf Baby collection released. It seems like they really don't get much in stock. That's why they're sold out quickly, but I know this varies by stores.

Mac-Guy

I'm glad to see it's in the NYC store. I'm surprised that Carbonized did sell out so fast. What did you end up buying?

peachsuns

Why do I feel like I am talking myself into buying something here? My name is Shontay and
mac_addict.gif
You're so cute, shontay.
girlhaha.gif

I still don't know what to get from this collection, but that doesn't stop me from going to see the collection next Thursday. It's been ages since the last time I visited my counter. Really! Hope that means I've been doing good. Hehe.
cutey.gif

Happy hauling everyone!
cheerleader.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
SUCCESS!!

The Montreal Pro store had everything out today and, after much swatching, I picked up four things:

Lady Grey Quad
Mythical e/s (and I'll just apologise now to the Montreal ladies for the fact that I got the last one at that store... Holy short-stocked!)
Runaway Red l/s
Plum Fun l/g

That last one was my surprise favourite. It's a beautiful, rich plum berry colour and I honestly cannot think of a dupe. Mythical is lovely. It kind of looks like what would happen if you combined the pro colour Rose with Firecracker from last year's To the Beach.

I ended up passing on Prince Noir because it is for all intents and purposes indistinguishable from Sin. Even the MUA agreed with me on that one. I love vampy lips, but I'd rather put my money towards a shade that's a bit different. If you don't have Sin, PN is a rich, gorgeous, deep cool red colour.

The texture on the Evil Eye quad is just as bad as I'd feared. It's too bad, because the dark grey is really pretty, but everything else is dry and stiff. Palace Pedigreed definitely seemed worse than the one from Fabulous Felines. The dark purple shade is the worst- almost no colour payoff. The dark green is a wee bit better, but you're better off with Bottle Green. Honestly, you can find reasonable approximations of most of the colours (maybe not Palace Pedigreed) from Inglot and the texture is better.

I was tempted by Avenue and might go back for it. It's just that it's so close to black that I don't think it's all that special in use. Looks nice on my hand, but that's not where I'm likely to wear it.

I did think that the shadesticks seemed smoother than they used to be, but passed, because they're a little too frosty for my tastes.

My feeling overall is that your reaction to this collection is going to be determined by how much Mac you already have (and how much from other companies). The less you have already, the more things there are that are worth buying. If you've been into Mac for a few years (or more)... It's no Fabulous Felines or Cult of Cherry...

peachsuns

Now, you got me thinking about the Stunner blush.
sigh.gif

Can anyone think of any blush that might be close to Stunner?

julishaw

Can't wait!

As soon as the goodies pop up online I am ordering a bunch of things!

- evil eye quad
- lady grey quad
- purple majesty nail polish (LOVE vampy polish)
- Avenue liner (probably??)
- Stunner blush
- moleskin, creamy bisque, satin taupe, outre, carbonized, mythical shadow
- 226 brush

ladyarwen

By the sounds of success, I'd say I'll definitely be at my computer around midnight Monday night to order my goodies! I'm thinking my final list will be:
Carbonized es
Mythical es
Satin Taupe es
Prince Noir ls
Runaway Red ls
Offshoot ls
Oh Oh Oh ls
Rebel ls
Plum Fun lg
Stunner blush

katred

Specktra Bestie
Instant Chic is lighter and more peach. Oh So Fair is slightly pinker and doesn't have as much colour payoff (since it's a Beauty Powder- although it can be layered). Dainty is in the same family, but yellower and has the mineral sheen. It's a very pretty colour.

peachsuns

Thank you, katred! The Stunner blush sounds very pretty! Your description helps me a lot. I have and love all the blushes you listed. I might be in trouble. LOL
I'm wearing Oh So Fair as blush today.
love.gif

Instant Chic is lighter and more peach. Oh So Fair is slightly pinker and doesn't have as much colour payoff (since it's a Beauty Powder- although it can be layered). Dainty is in the same family, but yellower and has the mineral sheen. It's a very pretty colour.

Icecaramellatte

I'm so surprised about carbonized. I wouldn't think a brown shade would be so popular. I've been debating about whether to take it off my list. I love shimmery brown or bronze shadows and seem to determine to own all of them. Every new collection that comes out, if there is a shimmery brown color in it then it's on my list. But I was just thinking that Style Driven had some shimmery browns as well and maybe I don't need all of them. But this makes it harder to say no.

elegant-one

Oh I just love the colors of both blushes!

Avenue fl reminds me of a liner I use ALL the time on my inner rim - Smashbox Lust jetset liner. Its so beautiful on the inner rim because its a deeper sepia brown & not quite as harsh as black but yet it has some depth in comparison to a regular brown liner. Lust also has some gold flecks in it.

DILLIGAF

I went to SoBe Pro this morning. Bright and early on the day of a Pro Launch. They had everything out and ready. I swatched the lipglosses and found that almost all of them can be duped by something I already have. So that was a pass. I already had Rebel and Smoked Purple lipsticks. Runway Red was the other alternative and I'm sure I have something that looks like it already. The blushes were never on my list to begin with. Also after seeing the comparison of Siahi and Midnight Blues by Karla Sugar I decided to skip that too. However Outre is calling me the only reason I didn't walk out with it today is because I realized I could B2M for it and I have more than enough empties to do so. The pigmentation on the Evil Eye quad is very so so. I still like the colors though. I'm only considering it still because I gave my sister my Palace Pedigree Quad. God only knows that I have enough primers and bases to make this work. Question is now... do I want to put in the effort? I walked out 15 minutes later with my two coveted 226 brushes. However I'm going to be in Vegas next week Thursday and will revisit the items I didn't get this time around.

shontay07108

I like the color of Illicit but it loos so darn milky. That grosses me out. I don't need another gloss anyway. I'm thinking about Street Cool shadestick to wear under Satin Taupe, but it's not like A: I wear ST that often and B: ST is so lightly pigmented that I need a base under it. I think Heirloom would come in handy for me as well as Cakeshop. I used a GPS this morning and fell in love all over again. Since I know from experience that Shadesticks aren't even half as awesome, it's pissing me off that there's two colors I want/need. I hate All Races shadow, but the rest of Lady Grey is right up my alley in terms of colors so I might have to buy. About that NY pro store, they don't always get a great amount of product. Sometimes they only get a handful of a particular shade. I wouldn't shake in my boots over Carbonized being sold out. It makes me think, however that I should just wait for the online launch. I was interested in Carbonized and who knows what else might be gone by time I get there tomorrow or Saturday? I should just wait for the online launch Monday night/Tuesday whenever. Tentative(I wish I knew how to pass on a collection) list: Lady Grey Quad Heirloom Shadestick Cakeshop Shadestick Carbonized shadow Considering how big this collection is, it feels like my potential haul is nothing special

Latest posts