MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

DILLIGAF

Just think of it this way. Money saved on this collection is more money to be spent on another. Carbonized didn't move me like I thought it would. I'm not surprised the one shadow I want is the matte though.

lmcmullen

I think I have a final list:

Lady Grey quad
Cakeshop shadestick
Stunner blush
Oh Oh Oh lipstick

I'm interested in Offshoot too but it looks like it might pull too warm on me. I also have Midimauve which it looks similiar to. I can't wait until the swatch is up on Temptalia - she and I have nearly the same skin tone so her on-lip swatches are really helpful for me.

I wish I had a Pro card, I'm getting impatient waiting for this!

goldilocks88

I went to Pro in Toronto this morning and had a nice little haul. I picked up Stunner blush, Cakeshop shadestick (which seems creamier than previously released shadesticks) Good Times lipglass and 2 x 226!

Overall, it's a decent collection with some really nice stuff but nothing that made me go "OH MY GOD". The Evil Eye quad is garbage but Lady Grey is really nice (if I didn't already own All Races and a couple of other similar colours, I probably would have bought it). The shadesticks were all really creamy and smooth. The lipsticks weren't really my thing except for Smoked Purple which I already own. There were a couple of other lipglasses I'll probably go back for once I check my stash for dupes. The single shadows were quite nice but nothing I desperately needed/didn't already have a dupe for. Fluidlines and CCBs are never products that overly interest me, but I do own and love Dark Diversion which was repromoted in this collection. I think that about covers it.

I'm really happy with what I got, especially the 226s which I've been dying for! Hope everyone who went to Pro today had fun!

Haven

After looking at swatches online, I have a list of maybes.... I really need to see & swatch all of this in person before deciding. None of these products seem like must haves to me, and I won't be crushed if I don't get them. I also don't feel that compulsion to stalk the MAC website. I will stop by MAC next Thursday though.

My possible list:
Ohohoh l/s
Stunner
Lady Grey quad
Good Times
Illicit (big maybe for this one)
Moleskin
Carbonized
Outre
Mythical

I am most interested now in the individual shadows. Almost all of the lip products still fail to inspire me. I really wanted the Evil Eye quad, but if it sucks as much as everyone says it does then it is a definate pass.

Ernie

I really like the Lady Grey quad, goes on smoothly as opposed to the Evil Eye quad. I also liked Social Light lipglass, it's described as: Neutral Pink with pearlized pigments, but to me it has a rose/goldish/coppery aspect to it, kind of like pink gold!

XxMoOmOoxX

I'm not going to buy anything from this collection online. Plus, things are usually sold out by the time I have a chance to check it out online.

I want to see the products in person and test them out because I'm really not sure how the products will translate onto my skin. =/

miribre

Quote: I want to see the products in person and test them out because I'm really not sure how the products will translate onto my skin. =/

I agree! :) I won't buy anything anymore without checking it out in store. The pro store in San Francisco had the products available but they were waiting for the display. In any case, I picked up Avenue fluidliner, Oh and Prince Noir lipstick, Mythical and Carbonized eye shadow. I will go back for one quad, runaway red l/s and the pink blush. I also like the shade sticks, especially Tundra. They had 6 Carbonized eye shadows left. I am a sucker for brown eye shadows.
yahoo.gif
I didn't really look at the lipglasses and nail polishes. I also skipped the cream colors. My skin is too oily.

shontay07108

And to think you weren't going to get a single thing. XD
Girl, I figured why not. I go through make up withdrawl after a few days(sad) and I love money, but I have never been able to hold on to it for very long. I'm hoping I can make these items more exciting on my skin than they are in swatches. We'll see(and until I decide, I am keeping my receipt!).

singer82

Thanks so much Erine! You have helpes TONS

Mythical really is close to the color from the TT quad (bad for me, good for Lou hehe) Theres something I dont like bout Ohohoh, dont know what it is. I still might get it, but not completely sure.

I dont think I've been this back on forth on a collection! lol

XxMoOmOoxX

I also skipped the cream colors. My skin is too oily.

I don't plan on getting the cream colour bases too because I have combination skin and I'm scared that they'll break me out or make me look even oilier throughout the day. Another reason is that it's a hassle for me because I will have to wash my brush after each time I use it to apply the cream colour bases. (I'm OCD and a clean freak. Whenever I use a brush for liquid or cream products, I have to wash it after every use because of sanitary reasons and to avoid getting breakouts or bad skin reactions.)

peachsuns

I would buy CCB if the color suits me. Unfortunately, the CCBs from this collection look too warm for me.

I'm a clean freak, too. I wash my makeup brushes after every use no matter what.
cutey.gif

I don't plan on getting the cream colour bases too because I have combination skin and I'm scared that they'll break me out or make me look even oilier throughout the day. Another reason is that it's a hassle for me because I will have to wash my brush after each time I use it to apply the cream colour bases. (I'm OCD and a clean freak. Whenever I use a brush for liquid or cream products, I have to wash it after every use because of sanitary reasons and to avoid getting breakouts or bad skin reactions.)

buntewollsocke

I hope to being able to post swatches by tomorrow. I'm still not sure if I should buy the quads or not. I wanted to have the Evil Eye quad but by now I think that the Lady Grey quad is prettier. What a hard decision!

UrbanSweetheart

I hope to being able to post swatches by tomorrow. I'm still not sure if I should buy the quads or not. I wanted to have the Evil Eye quad but by now I think that the Lady Grey quad is prettier. What a hard decision!
to choose between those two does seem a bit difficult..they're both very pretty!

Latest posts