MAC N Color Collection discussion

Chanel_MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
isn't this collection going to come out a week early at Pro stores? if this collection does come out next week, isn't it going to come out at Pro stores this Thursday?

MAC Live Chat told me this launches 01/17, however when I called my local MAC (counter at Macy's), the MA said it launches 01/10.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanel_MAC
MAC Live Chat told me this launches 01/17, however when I called my local MAC (counter at Macy's), the MA said it launches 01/10.

well, i know that someone said on this board that the release date for this collection got push up a week and will release on the 10. if it does get release on the 10, wouldn't the Pro store release it tomorrow since they always tend to release a collection a week earlier than the stores and counters.

gigglegirl

I would assume so Noahlowryfan, though since I'm not near a PRO store I wouldn't be able to check. Perhaps if you are near one you could call today or tomorrow and see? Otherwise if it is released next week, I assume we will see it on maccosmetics.com early next week like monday/tuesday ish? I'm curious to see what the colours are like, it's surprising we don't have any swatches yet.

If people near a PRO store can help us out, that'd be uber appreciated!!!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
I would assume so Noahlowryfan, though since I'm not near a PRO store I wouldn't be able to check. Perhaps if you are near one you could call today or tomorrow and see? Otherwise if it is released next week, I assume we will see it on maccosmetics.com early next week like monday/tuesday ish? I'm curious to see what the colours are like, it's surprising we don't have any swatches yet.

If people near a PRO store can help us out, that'd be uber appreciated!!!

i am near a Pro store but it will take me at least 45 minutes by public transportation to get there. i won't be able to head there because of the stormy weather that is coming tomorrow. so by the time the weather actually is good, it will already be out in counters.

soco210

I was just coming to ask about a finalized release date. It's a long drive for me to get to the nearest MAC counter and I didn't want to head out for nothing. I'll give them a call later and update the board if its anything new.

supko

http://specktra.net/f250/mac-n-color...tml#post968278

This pic of Warmed is saving me money so far - it looks like Warmed is Shooting Star / Global Glow the sequel. WHY, MAC, WHY!?

I am curious to see if Nanogold is anything like Goldbit (non-buyer's remorse on that one), and I'm eager for Remotely Grey, though I wish it were a frost or VP, not a satin finish.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supko
http://specktra.net/f250/mac-n-color...tml#post968278

This pic of Warmed is saving me money so far - it looks like Warmed is Shooting Star / Global Glow the sequel. WHY, MAC, WHY!?

I am curious to see if Nanogold is anything like Goldbit (non-buyer's remorse on that one), and I'm eager for Remotely Grey, though I wish it were a frost or VP, not a satin finish.

thanks. since i don't have Global Glow, I'm going to purchase Warmed.

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I just called my local pro store (nyc) and was told its being released on the 10th.

Thanks Krasevayadancer!
So is it safe to deduce that if it comes out on the 10th at the pro store, that it will be out at counters on the 17th?

Ahh so much confusion about release dates!

its alright, they don't seem to sell out too damn fast, I need to make a trip for more foundation anyways so might as well plan them for the next couple Thursdays!

newagetomatoz

Gah! MAC and your confusion over release dates!! With either date I am still so excited!!

I'm just really unsure about Warmed MSF. I am super pale and I am afraid that it will be too dark on me! I saw swatches of Shooting Star and Global Glow, and I feel like those would have turned up dirty on my face. But that color is so pretty! Maybe after I see swatches I'll make a return trip!

darkishstar

Hey girls! I received a promo card for the N collection in the mail today! It's so beautiful! It's a translucent triple folded piece of paper with a card enclosed inside.

So here's more pictures, to tide us over while we all wait. =) Sorry if the pictures are kinda crappy. I quickly took pictures of them, rather than scanned it.

Cover of the fold out.
N1.jpg

2nd page of the fold out.
N2.jpg

Front of the card.
N3.jpg

It's hard to read, so I'll type out what it says:

"For the gal who knows the power of artifice, but has the confidence to strip it all away, this is the secret--N. An alluring collection of undertones and stripped-down neutrals, radiantly accented by our new array of M.A.C mineralize skinfinish. The entire collection enhanced by the powerful benefits of charged water.

Available January '08.

Nude, stripped-Down, or delicately neutral...perfection comes through the tips and techniques of a M.A.C artist. Expose yourself to N online or find a store near you at www.maccosmetics.com."

And lastly, the back of the card:
N4.jpg

I hope it's not too picture heavy. If it is, I can change them to links or a mod can do that. Thanks. =)

After seeing the promo card, I'm even more excited for this collection than ever!

darkishstar

Ugh, it's so gorgeous! I'm so glad I got one! I haven't got one since Barbie Loves MAC!!! I think it's because I must've spent so much at the freestanding and counters this winter!

jenntoz

I just saw on the nordstrom website they are having the in store even for the N collection from Jan 17th -19th, here's the description...
N Collection—A portrait in the nude, daring in its stripped-down sensuality with natural and pearlized shades of Mineralize Skinfinish that play up the nakedness of cheeks, lips, eyes…For a glamazon who knows the power of artifice, but has the confidence and allure to strip it all away. N Collection is naked, with coverage—it'll be our little secret. Custom-created high performance brushes mean that no one need ever know. Seductive, and ripe for scandal. Call your favorite M•A•C counter to book your appointment today.
So I guess its set for the 17th at Nordstrom.

s0damnbeautiful

My counter got their shipment in today, and I got to be there when they opened them all ... GORGEOUS. Nanogold is definately going to be my new favorite shadow ... and the lipsticks/glosses are pretty close to perfection!

The whole line was gorgeous, and I'm not even a neutral girl! It's coming out the 10th at macy's ... can't wait!

gigglegirl

I was getting matched to foundation this morning and then the MA was trying the Light natural MSF on me. I mentioned maybe I would wait to see the new collection this month for the new naturals. She looked at me and was like "I've never heard of that" and spoke to the other MA on duty and she said there would prob be new ones this summer, but nothing this month. I asked if they knew about Specktra (no) and said that I'm pretty positive this month (I said the 17th) there would be a collection called N. She joked I was crazy. LOL it was slightly akward.

But I like hearing other MAs on here and seeing that mailer---I'm DEFINITELY not nuts! Alas I didn't buy it and will check out the collection this month!

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0damnbeautiful
My counter got their shipment in today, and I got to be there when they opened them all ... GORGEOUS. Nanogold is definately going to be my new favorite shadow ... and the lipsticks/glosses are pretty close to perfection!

The whole line was gorgeous, and I'm not even a neutral girl! It's coming out the 10th at macy's ... can't wait!

Did you get to see the Light Flush MSF?I am dying to know about that one!!

Winthrop44

Yeah, I just got a postcard in my online order that said Jan 17 right on it yet on the phone earlier today my freestanding store told me they had not been given any date and told me to call back at the end of the month!

Kristal

I e-mailed MAC about charged waters being in this collection and got this response...

Hi Kristal:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online.
I am happy to help!

The N COLLECTION, which will be launching January 17, will indeed
include Limited Edition Charged Water (RENEWAL DEFENSE and REVITALIZING
ENERGY) as part of the collection.

I'm so excited!!