MAC - Sheen Supreme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

enjoy your goodies guys! and dont forget swatches for us lovely people who cant get to a mac store for ourselves! :p :)

Prettypackages

I didn't make it to my MAC pro store this weekend, but my MAC nordies MA's let me play around with this colln, jeanius, and cremesheens early. I absolutely love Bare Again, and the watermelon color (sorry don't rmember the name) I can't wait to get them.

PinkBasset

Just when I got excited about Sheen Supremes, I read these contain cholesterol (from animal fat, nervous tissue, blood etc..). :( Sigh. Well, on the other hand I really don't need any more lip products, but it would've been nice to try one.

spunky

Just when I got excited about Sheen Supremes, I read these contain cholesterol (from animal fat, nervous tissue, blood etc..).
ssad.gif
Sigh. Well, on the other hand I really don't need any more lip products, but it would've been nice to try one.
really? is cholesterol an ingredient in many products? i remember an arguement on here about the lanolin in amplified creme lipsticks, and beeswax too - but cholesterol? i've never heard of that being used in cosmetics before.

PinkBasset

really? is cholesterol an ingredient in many products? i remember an arguement on here about the lanolin in amplified creme lipsticks, and beeswax too - but cholesterol? i've never heard of that being used in cosmetics before.
I haven't heard it being in other Mac products, if someone knows better please correct me. So yet another lipstick besides amplified cremes and lustres for me to avoid. But in general cholesterol isn't too rare in cosmetic world as far as I know.

EngineerBarbie

I ordered 'Insanely It' and 'New Temptation' plus a 188 stippling brush (I got annoying acne scars to cover up/blend). I wanted to get Full Speed but the 'pulling orange' factor put me off of doing so. I want to try a tester at a counter to make sure it looks good on me.

As soon as the UPS guy drops my stuff off in a few days I'll post swatches.

LMD84

i'm ashamed to admit that in my excitemnet i cant even remember what colour lipstick i ordered from this collection! lol!

Allura Beauty

Quote:
Yes, it is an ingredient in the Sheen Supreme lipsticks and no, it's not an uncommon ingredient in cosmetics. Cholesterol helps the lipstick give its moisturizing effect and helps the oil from separating from the rest of the product.

Sheen Supreme Video Overview
Sheen Supreme Review
Urban Decay Naked Palette Giveaway here
www.allurabeauty.com

spunky

Yes, it is an ingredient in the Sheen Supreme lipsticks and no, it's not an uncommon ingredient in cosmetics. Cholesterol helps the lipstick give its moisturizing effect and helps the oil from separating from the rest of the product.

Sheen Supreme Video Overview
Sheen Supreme Review
Urban Decay Naked Palette Giveaway here
www.allurabeauty.com
i really need to start looking into cosmetic ingredients, i always chuck the box in the recycling when i get it! the only ones i've really heard anything about is silicas, lanolin, beeswax, parabens and titanium dioxide and that was for college homework. definitely something i'll do tonight!

LMD84

it was the corally coloured lipstick that i bought from this collection! i am excited for it to arrive! i have been on a lipstick kick today! bought 4 in total! naughty me! the next i buy will be the watermelon pink one!

Babylard

ah I have in synch AND naked lip liners from last year and I hardly use them :(
they aren't "creamy" enough so they break the top layer of skin on my lips and makes it worse.

*shakes first at harsh winter conditions*

LMD84

ah I have in synch AND naked lip liners from last year and I hardly use them :(
they aren't "creamy" enough so they break the top layer of skin on my lips and makes it worse.

*shakes first at harsh winter conditions*
oh no! have you warmed them up in your hand before use? that might help. my liners are ok though but maybe it is differnet temperaures that have effected them or something.

xasperadastra

Just when I got excited about Sheen Supremes, I read these contain cholesterol (from animal fat, nervous tissue, blood etc..).
ssad.gif
Sigh. Well, on the other hand I really don't need any more lip products, but it would've been nice to try one.

really? wasn't MAC cruelty free? well. maybe it doesn't mean products are vegetarian...but I thought they were so :(

PinkBasset

really? wasn't MAC cruelty free? well. maybe it doesn't mean products are vegetarian...but I thought they were so :(
Cruelty-free statement usually means the company doesn't test on animals, and in that area Mac is cruelty-free. But in my opinion only vegan companies can say they are truly cruelty-free (because even with what are considered vegetarian ingredients in products like lanolin, milk protein etc. cruelty is inevitable part), and this cholesterol thing really sucks. But luckily there are options, these certainly are not Mac's only lipsticks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.