MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

martiangurll

So excited we have the color story!
sweet.png
THANKS LOU!

These are my maybes to buy:

Lipsticks:
Innocence Beware - Light yellow pink (repromote) Missed this the first time around, its a maybe, I did not think it was all that unique, but a flattering color, so Maybe.
Naughty Salute - Bright Pepto Pink. Its a maybe. It would have to be quite neon, different from all the other hot pinks I have, and a finish I like (No more lustre or glaze, needs to be Matte, Satin or Amplified/AC finish)
Runaway red - Rich red blue (depends, I am not gonna knock myself out, if they stock enough product I have time to swatch before I buy, most likely, yes)

Eye Shadow x4 Call Me Bubble This sounds like the quad I will zero in to buy. Who knows though, I may decide to stick to my guns and skip quads for a while. I tend to not use quads unless the colors work together, and that doesn't happen so much with the MAC quads. I may skip and just get a Dior quint instead...

Call Me Bubble - Light tan (Satin)
Fresh Daily - Orange (Frost)
Brash - Reddish copper (Veluxe Pearl) (repromote)
Full of Flavour - Coral (Matte)

Fluidline I have plenty at the moment, but I think if I got one, it would be Wholesome - Blackened brown if it is different enough in swatches from Avenue FL

And this is the list of the YES, YES, YES products!

Lipsticks:
Quick Sizzle - Bright matte pink You had me at Matte!
Watch Me Simmer - Bright pink orange Maybe, depends on the swatch and finish, but most likely, YES!

Cremeblend Blush: Optimistic Orange - Bright coral (repromote) missed it the first time around, now I am more into the creme blush formula, I would pick this color as the one to try this product.

(Kissable Lipcolour I want all of these!)
Flaunting It - Grey mauve (repromote) YES
Scan-delicious - Blue fuchsia (repromote) YES
So Vain - Muted midtone coral (repromote) YES
Woo Me - Light pinky nude (repromote) YES
Enchantee - Light blue pink (repromote) YES

Most likely I will skip the regular lipsticks to get the kissable colors instead. It appears most of these lipstick shades are colors we are seeing with other collections. Unless the finish is something special...

Ashleybubbles83

i went to a nordstrom mac counter and started talking to one of the MUA's there about collections that hadn't even come out yet, and she was surprised that someone from the general public knew about stuff that wasn't out yet..we ended up talking for a while and she showed me this binder that had all these pics of individual items from upcoming collections and i swear it looked like cut and paste off of specktra...i'm sure it wasn't but yeah...i agree that maybe they're not allowed to tell us things and maybe she'd never had a customer like me before that she broke all kinds of code and started breaking out the secret book haha

It's funny to me and I have noticed a lot of the times when I go to my mac counter they never know what I'm talking about when I ask them about collections coming out and I feel like we know more about them thanks to Specktra or that the people at the counter are just playing dumb or aren't allowed to tell us

Ashleybubbles83

is that the same Runaway Red from Mac Me Over??? Must. backup. YES!

So excited we have the color story!
sweet.png
THANKS LOU!

These are my maybes to buy:

Lipsticks:
Innocence Beware - Light yellow pink (repromote) Missed this the first time around, its a maybe, I did not think it was all that unique, but a flattering color, so Maybe.
Naughty Salute - Bright Pepto Pink. Its a maybe. It would have to be quite neon, different from all the other hot pinks I have, and a finish I like (No more lustre or glaze, needs to be Matte, Satin or Amplified/AC finish)
Runaway red - Rich red blue (depends, I am not gonna knock myself out, if they stock enough product I have time to swatch before I buy, most likely, yes)

Eye Shadow x4 Call Me Bubble This sounds like the quad I will zero in to buy. Who knows though, I may decide to stick to my guns and skip quads for a while. I tend to not use quads unless the colors work together, and that doesn't happen so much with the MAC quads. I may skip and just get a Dior quint instead...

Call Me Bubble - Light tan (Satin)
Fresh Daily - Orange (Frost)
Brash - Reddish copper (Veluxe Pearl) (repromote)
Full of Flavour - Coral (Matte)

Fluidline I have plenty at the moment, but I think if I got one, it would be Wholesome - Blackened brown if it is different enough in swatches from Avenue FL

And this is the list of the YES, YES, YES products!

Lipsticks:
Quick Sizzle - Bright matte pink You had me at Matte!
Watch Me Simmer - Bright pink orange Maybe, depends on the swatch and finish, but most likely, YES!

Cremeblend Blush: Optimistic Orange - Bright coral (repromote) missed it the first time around, now I am more into the creme blush formula, I would pick this color as the one to try this product.

(Kissable Lipcolour I want all of these!)
Flaunting It - Grey mauve (repromote) YES
Scan-delicious - Blue fuchsia (repromote) YES
So Vain - Muted midtone coral (repromote) YES
Woo Me - Light pinky nude (repromote) YES
Enchantee - Light blue pink (repromote) YES

Most likely I will skip the regular lipsticks to get the kissable colors instead. It appears most of these lipstick shades are colors we are seeing with other collections. Unless the finish is something special...

Mac-Guy

Oh boy, those repromotes! The only good thing about repromotes of products within six month is that we can't call them LE more, they are more like semi-permanent. ROFL.

martiangurll

Oh boy, those repromotes! The only good thing about repromotes of products within six month is that we can't call them LE more, they are more like semi-permanent. ROFL.

So true. At least it will save me some cash, I was going on too many lipstick benders

EngineerBarbie

Thanks Lou (and your special someone :)

Well, here's my list for far and I pray it doesn't get bigger

Flaunting It
Colour Added (2 VPs means I gotta have it)
Florida blush
ALL the Fluidlines (b/c I am a fluidline slut)

QueenOfSnark

Goodness I better start saving now!
ohboy.gif
Thus far I'm wanting:

-Tendertone: Purring
-Lippies: Watch Me Simmer, Dish It Up, Runaway Red, Quick Sizzle
-Quads: Call Me Bubble, Colour Added

Even with me B2M-ing for 2 of the lippies this is looking quite expensive. :/ I might be able to pass on Call Me Bubble since I have Saffron and Aztec Brick which could sub for two of the colors, and I'm not a fan of coral shadows so that takes care of that. I'm wondering how Sweet & Punchy and Sun Blonde will compare to Colour Added, since that's the only color in that quad I don't care for.

Also wondering how Dish It Up will compare to Party Line...as you can tell, I'm trying to avoid dupes. :/

pocketmouse

Ooh I'm definitely interested in the quads, particularly Shop Drop and Call me Bubble :) and I definitely want to pick up Dish it Up and Quick Sizzle l/s, possibly Watch me Simmer, and if finances are right maybe Florida and Optimistic Orange :) As soon as I heard about this collection I knew it'd be one I'd want to spend a lot on so I didn't mind skipping most of Naturally and Iris Aphel.

I found these old pictures from Fashion Week, this one has "MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Lasting Sensation applied all over the lips with Watch me Simmer Lipstick on top"
http://www.handbag.com/beauty/the-beauty-spot/mac-makeup-london-fashion-week-2011-teatum-jones

and "After working sheer rose (M.A.C. Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Ultra Darling) over the entire mouth, she went over it with a cooler bluish pink shade (M.A.C. Lipstick in Dish It Up). For a final pop of color, Kendal dabbed a touch of fruit punch–bright pink (from M.A.C.’s forthcoming Tutti Lip Palette) in the center of the mouth"
http://www.vogue.com/collections/spring-2012-rtw/carolina-herrera/beauty/

Ashleybubbles83

exactly! i think if they repromote an item enough, they should just make it perm.

ladyarwen

I need to go back and look at Christine's swatches of the kissables from when they first came out a year ago. That will be my first priority when I get home., which will be very soon.

HOTasFCUK

Is Innocence Beware lighter or darker than Hue?

I find it very similar to Creme Cup. Hue pulls brown/orange on me so i prefer pinky nudes like IB and CC as they pull a hint of pink. IB is a very nice lipstick and this is the 3rd time they are bringing it back since VV last year. I'm NC20 btw!

princess sarah

DAY JUST GOT BETTER!!!!!! FELLA JUST TOLD ME I CAN HAVE WHATEVER I WANT FROM THIS COLLECTION FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is 2nd feb.. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

So far my list is -

• Naught Saute Lipstick
  • Quick Sizzle Lipstick
  • Runway Red Lipstick
  • Colour Added Quad
  • Kissable Lip colour to try one... just not sure what one I want yet.

So far this is my starting list, love the fact I hauled from GP for Xmas and this one for my bday

peachsuns

Since we're on that subject...I have had fears....like fearful nights were I think about the money I spent on my lipsticks while they are mostly used 2-3X or some...ahem..BN....are they all gonna go bad? I did open them up occasionally to stare at the beauties...they are mostly 1 year old children....Are they all gonna start to dieeee soon?????
That's my fear, too! Hope our stuff are not going to start dying soon!
eeksign.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing:
Watch Me Simmer l/s- Bright pink orange
amuse.gif

Thank you Lou for the color story!
th_thstars.gif

duckrodeo

So far I'm interested in Quick Sizzle and Dish It Up l/s and Scandelicious klc. The others I will await swatches, but Scandelicious is the only klc that really stands out to me. The lipsticks just by color description alone are for-sures to be mine lol. Florida blush looks appealing, but I rarely use creamy blushes.

beckyjo

I want Quick Sizzle and Dish it Up, STAT! I also want to see swatches and the colour story for CookCookCook!!

So excited!

(And thanks, Lou!!)