MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Are they LE in Singapore? Here they are perm.. at least for the next months I think.
th_dunno.gif

Yes they are LE. It really sucks, seems like everything is LE here. And even for the permanent collection, there are quite a few colors which are not imported here too. Plus there's no MAC pro store here, so the whole range of pro products aren't available either.
thmbdn.gif

Ok, guess I'll be looking out for Dainty, Love Thing, Gleeful too! And maybe Warm Soul. Thanks to everyone for shortening the list for me.
urock.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiez
I thought they are in the mineralize collection in SG?

They are, BUT they're mostly sold out at the counters I've visited. Seriously, like only one or two colors are left. An MA gave me the impression that they're LE. Would have to clarify that again, but if cremesheens are LE here I don't see why these blushes can't be.
th_dunno.gif

nadiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
Don't cut Love Thing from your list! IT IS GORGEOUS. It's my favourite of the MBs. And cheese knows I'm damn pale. You just have to know that it's insanely pigmented and you'll need a light hand with a skunk brush.
yes.gif
It's soooo pretty, though! And it doesn't have to be super bright or dark at all if you apply it correctly.
yes.gif

I've noticed that for some reason dark blushes actually work better on my fair skin than lighter ones. Obviously I have to be very careful about applying them, but I get a more natural flush from a dark reddish blush applied lightly than I do from a paler blush. I suppose it makes sense in a way because fair skin and rosy cheeks often go together.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiez
I thought they are in the mineralize collection in SG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
They are, BUT they're mostly sold out at the counters I've visited. Seriously, like only one or two colors are left. An MA gave me the impression that they're LE. Would have to clarify that again, but if cremesheens are LE here I don't see why these blushes can't be.
th_dunno.gif

yes.gif
They are part of the mineralize collection and will be available for 6 months until the next rotation, like everywhere else.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiya
I've noticed that for some reason dark blushes actually work better on my fair skin than lighter ones. Obviously I have to be very careful about applying them, but I get a more natural flush from a dark reddish blush applied lightly than I do from a paler blush. I suppose it makes sense in a way because fair skin and rosy cheeks often go together.

It's true - plus, we don't need as much, so the product lasts longer.
greengrin.gif

I think it's funny when something pink and pale doesn't show on me because the pink in my skin matches it. Alpha Girl from Heatherette was like that on me - completely invisible.

I think pale girls are often too afraid of highly pigmented products. I believe that with decent application, most things look amazing on pale girls, because the fair skin contrasts and shows off the different colours so well!

Maybe this is part of why I never hit pan on things... I use so little to achieve the desired effect.
hmm.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Maybe this is part of why I never hit pan on things... I use so little to achieve the desired effect.
hmm.gif

Another benefit of being fair skinned!
choochoo.gif
The only MAC product I have hit pan on is pollen eye shadow because it is my all time favorite highlighter.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Another benefit of being fair skinned!
choochoo.gif
The only MAC product I have hit pan on is pollen eye shadow because it is my all time favorite highlighter.

I've got to be getting close to hitting pan on Blanc Type... I use it ALL THE TIME. Is my lover. You know it's true, for if you've ever tried it you know it's quite pigmented and smooth, hence requiring very little per application.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
yes.gif
They are part of the mineralize collection and will be available for 6 months until the next rotation, like everywhere else.

Thanks so much for this post. Well it's certainly good news that they're part of the collection, but most of the colors are gone already, which makes me sad.
cry.gif

Susanne

Most of the blushes are sold out at my counter as well
th_dunno.gif
Does it mean they just get ones every six months??
lol.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Most of the blushes are sold out at my counter as well
th_dunno.gif
Does it mean they just get ones every six months??
lol.gif

eeksign.gif
Nooooooooooooooooooo!
crybaby.gif

They have to be available until the rotation! I can't buy them before next year.
crybaby.gif

bis

Quote:
Oh too bad its too dark.
ssad.gif

I am pale too.. maybe I have to cut it from my list too.

The only Mineralized Blush I have right now is Pleasantry and I love it!
But Dainty
winkiss.gif
, Gentle, Gleeful and Warm Soul are on my list.
yes.gif

A MA applied Love Thing during my CoC makeover and it was gorgeous (if I may say so myself).
But the fact that CAM says it looks a lot like Merrily might be something to try out first. Wait, Merrily was one of the LE ones.

Moxy, if I am ever looking for a new home for my Dainty I will let you know
winks.gif

Susanne

Quote:
eeksign.gif
Nooooooooooooooooooo!
crybaby.gif

They have to be available until the rotation! I can't buy them before next year.
crybaby.gif

I will ask my MA next week what is going on with the rotation and the availabilty
yes.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
I will ask my MA next week what is going on with the rotation and the availabilty
yes.gif

Thanks! Hopefully what your MA says will apply to the MAC counters in Singapore too.
winks.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
A MA applied Love Thing during my CoC makeover and it was gorgeous (if I may say so myself).
But the fact that CAM says it looks a lot like Merrily might be something to try out first. Wait, Merrily was one of the LE ones.

Moxy, if I am ever looking for a new home for my Dainty I will let you know
winks.gif

CAM is NW35, I believe, so you have to keep skin tone in mind. On my pale face, they're distinctly different, with Merrily being red and Love Thing a gorgeous bright raspberry pink. So not the same.

Miss QQ

Quote:
yes.gif

Thanks. Sometimes I find MAC's practice quite puzzling.

Whatever it is, we have many new collections to look forward to! Onwards to 2009!
drinkup.gif

Zantedge

Quote:
CAM is NW35, I believe, so you have to keep skin tone in mind. On my pale face, they're distinctly different, with Merrily being red and Love Thing a gorgeous bright raspberry pink. So not the same.

Uhhh shit. I might need Love Thing now.

CantAffordMAC

Yeah Samantha,ur probablyright. I never use my mineralize blushes. Gentle I use the most. I never use pleasantry.and i bring merrily/love thing out every once in awhile.

im wearing one tomorrow though.
th_dunno.gif
Maybe merrily...
smiles.gif
I like dramatic cheeks