MAC Tres Cheek discussion

Polaris

Dear Lovecloud, I love you so much I want to marry you.
girlhaha.gif

LOL! This made me laugh so much.

allThingsGirl

Do I really need IF? For those of you peach blush lovers, does it compare to any others that you have? I am reading in some blog posts that it doesn't have much colour payoff.

When I swatched the IF at the MAC counter the other day, it had that weird texture over the top that blushes get when you expose them to damp brushes or something, if you know what I mean, it's hard to get colour payoff, so it was difficult to swatch it at the time. But it looks like a pale peach like My Highland Honey... tell me if I am wrong, I am still debating that one.

I love peach blushes. I know what you mean about the weird texture -- one I saw as a tester was like this too. On me, it shows up much more on my face than on my hand. I have no idea why. I had My Highland Honey and that one is alot more "peach" while IF pulls more coral.

My favorite MAC peach blush though still has to be Ripe Peach though. :)

sweetkitty

I love peach blushes. I know what you mean about the weird texture -- one I saw as a tester was like this too. On me, it shows up much more on my face than on my hand. I have no idea why. I had My Highland Honey and that one is alot more "peach" while IF pulls more coral.

I missed out on Ripe Peach, but I have a pretty wide assortment across lots of brands of peach blushes, my fav is Illamasqua Lover.

UrbanSweetheart

Me wearing Full of Joy blush! Sad that it doesnt look as lavender as it does in real life! Its such a beautiful unique blush! Here I paired it with Play it Proper highlighter, and Revlon Lip Butter in "Gum Drop". Definitely the most unique of the bunch, probably the only one I would consider backing up due to its uniqueness.
it looks great on you girl!

UrbanSweetheart

Peony Petal, LoveCloud and Immortal Flower.

Top with flash, bottom without flash.

(Top with flash, bottom without flash)
Quick swatches on my skin which is an NC15, PP,LC and IF. I'm inlove with these three <3 Only one that is sold out in the store near me was MM.
MM was also the only blush sold out near me on the day of release. Lovely swatches btw =)

Piarpreet

Quote: Originally Posted by NATlar

Peony Petal, LoveCloud and Immortal Flower.

Top with flash, bottom without flash.

(Top with flash, bottom without flash)
Quick swatches on my skin which is an NC15, PP,LC and IF. I'm inlove with these three <3 Only one that is sold out in the store near me was MM.

MM was also the only blush sold out near me on the day of release. Lovely swatches btw =)
What did u end Up getting?

FStone

I am on Team 3!!! MM, IF, and Lovecloud :)

I have Sakura and don't reach for it much so skipped FoJ, and I don't do blue-based pinks too too well so skipped PP and also PT just isn't me! I'm all about my warmer pinks/neutrals/corals/peaches :)

I wore MM to work last night and LOVED it - I buffed it out and was subtle and lovely (I'm NC15). I tend to be very heavy handed with blushes so was worried with this one but alas, it worked :)

Babylard

I have the 129 short handle and I use the flat side to "pack" it on by tapping the flat side into the powder and patting it on my cheeks. then I go back and build to the desired amount and I blend useing the edges of the brush. so maybe try the patting motion isnt of swiping? and i think its important to have some sort of base to allow blush to stick, either bb cream foundation tinted moisturizer or a cream base.

I have a hard time getting pink tea to show up on me. I'm super pale, but my cheeks flush easily :) I dunno what I should do...

duckrodeo

Happy Easter, Speckrettes!
th_thstars.gif
I hope everyone is having a good holiday!

I'm loving all my blushes I got from this collection, but now I am on color overload! So many colors and only one face
pretty.gif
. I decided to give Modern Mandarin a whirl this morning and coordinated a simple look for Easter breakfast. The weather is beautiful here (shocking - since it's Oregon and we get so much rain!) I decided since it's nice out to snap some quick picks of my face to give an idea of how this shade can work on pale skin! I wore Modern Mandarin very lightly applied on the cheeks with my Sigma F40 blush brush and buffed out the edges...

Inside:

Outside (I applied MM a little more heavy-handed for this shot so it would show up):

I love this shade! With a very light hand it gives a nice natural flush to my pale skin, without looking like a porcelain doll
blush-anim-cl.gif
it also pairs really nicely with my stash of corals! It's perfect for the spring and summer :)

Pinkdollface

Your skin looks gorgeous and Modern Mandarin looks really good on you!

th_thstars.gif

I'm loving all my blushes I got from this collection, but now I am on color overload! So many colors and only one face
pretty.gif
. I decided to give Modern Mandarin a whirl this morning and coordinated a simple look for Easter breakfast. The weather is beautiful here (shocking - since it's Oregon and we get so much rain!) I decided since it's nice out to snap some quick picks of my face to give an idea of how this shade can work on pale skin! I wore Modern Mandarin very lightly applied on the cheeks with my Sigma F40 blush brush and buffed out the edges...

Inside:

Outside (I applied MM a little more heavy-handed for this shot so it would show up):

I love this shade! With a very light hand it gives a nice natural flush to my pale skin, without looking like a porcelain doll
blush-anim-cl.gif
it also pairs really nicely with my stash of corals! It's perfect for the spring and summer :)

GlamQueen21

So pretty!!!! I'm going to try Modern Mandarin one of these days!

th_thstars.gif

pretty.gif

Inside:

blush-anim-cl.gif

aradhana

th_thstars.gif

pretty.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif
MM looks very pretty on you!

I know what you mean, it's so hard to chose what colour to wear...options options...

i also wore a blend of MM today, with a bit of IF....
I love how how these blushes kind of intensify when they're buffed into the skin!

kisou

MM looks very pretty on you!
I know what you mean, it's so hard to chose what colour to wear...options options...

i also wore a blend of MM today, with a bit of IF....
I love how how these blushes kind of intensify when they're buffed into the skin!
Right there with you on this one! I've been wearing nothing but my Peony Petal since I picked it up and every time I've worn it it has buffed out so beautifully and bright! For a contouring color, I've been using the purple/lavender side from the Daphne Guinness ombre blush Azalea Blossom!

Shellcat

Oops! Sorry, wrong thread, but I figured since this is a blush thread, WTH...

I don't know if this has been asked, but is Magenta blush the same shade as Azalea PRO pan blush?

Thursday, I asked a few MUAs and they told me that the are identical except for the finish. Anyone have both they can swatch?

TIA!

peachsuns

Modern Mandarin looks soft and pretty on you, duckrodeo! Hope you had a wonderful Easter. Thank you for sharing!
heart.gif

Well, which blush should I wear tomorrow…? I'm on color overload, too.
cutey.gif

MACina

So BEAUTIFUL duckrodeo!!!

I agree with Pinkdollface....you have a lovely and flawless skin.

th_thstars.gif

pretty.gif

Inside:

blush-anim-cl.gif

krystyles

Quote: Originally Posted by allThingsGirl

I missed out on Ripe Peach, but I have a pretty wide assortment across lots of brands of peach blushes, my fav is Illamasqua Lover.
I was about to mention Illamasqua Lover until I saw you mention it. I was debating on IF too but seeing some swatches that wear heavily applied kinda looked liked lover so I just skipped IF since I have Illamasqua Lover. Its such a pretty shade and applies so smoothly!

krystyles

th_thstars.gif

pretty.gif

Inside:

blush-anim-cl.gif
MM looks soo good on you! I'm so glad I decided to order it.

duckrodeo

Thanks everyone for the feedback
flower.gif
For a blush I was real iffy about purchasing, I'm so glad I have MM. I'm happy it worked out. I'm ready for spring and summer now!
eyelove.gif

MM looks soo good on you! I'm so glad I decided to order it.
I'm glad you got it, too! Yay orange for everybody!