MAC Wash And Dry Collection (May 14 / May 21, 2015)

VelvetLips

For the Germans: the collection is now available on the MAC site if you search for the items!!
@Anneri @SleepingBeauty @VelvetLips @MACina @Buffy89 (I knew I forgot someone
blush-anim-cl.gif
)

Lipsticks:

Wash & Dry Lipstick | M·A·C Cosmetics | Offizielle Seite

No brushes apparently.
So sweet of you to tag us all!! I didn't want anything from this collection.

But it's still very nice to know you thought of us!

erine1881

So I never get any dual fiber brushes because they look weird and that scares me. IDK what the brushes in this collection are, but in general should I be buying these dual fiber brushes when they come out? Or are they weird? 
You mean split fibre? There's a difference between duo fibre and split fibre, and these are split fibre. Split fibre is 2 brushes in one. One side is nature fibres, which applies product softer, and one side is synthetic fibres, which applies product more intensely. So you can achieve different looks with the same brush.

Erinaceina

On the one hand, it looks like Freshen Up could be a really pretty tan blush/bronzer on me. On the other, I'm sad that the shimmer seems to be overspray. Plus, do I really need both this AND one of the bronzers from the collection? I don't want either Morange (I'd rather just get it in the ordinary packaging) or Creme d'Nude, which makes me look like death on a stick. If the lighter lipstick is as much of a bust as it looks like, I'll probably just get the red. I really want to get one of the lipsticks for the packaging. I know that people are divided about it, but it makes me smile because it reminds me of rocket ice lollies.

LauraLara

You mean split fibre? There's a difference between duo fibre and split fibre, and these are split fibre. Split fibre is 2 brushes in one. One side is nature fibres, which applies product softer, and one side is synthetic fibres, which applies product more intensely. So you can achieve different looks with the same brush.
Yes that's what I mean! Thank you! I thought I might be wrong when I posted, but I was hoping someone would understand my ramblings... Do you think they're worth buying instead of just buying two brushes? I know it would mean half the price, but I feel like I would never be able to use the end of the brush, at a right angle, and I don't use many brushes in such a way that the end doesn't touch. Well I guess I do when I'm packing on shadow with flat brushes, but then I pack on so much pigment that both sides of the brush would end up with that color on them.

NaomiH

Possibly just Hipness for me. I like Steam Heat,but am not feeling compelled to buy it. I'm so unexcited though that this whole collection will probably be a :fluffy:

Miss Dynamite

This collection would have been a million times better if they had real eyeshadows instead of those glittery messes they keep trying to shove down our throats. The more I see of this collection, the smaller my list gets. It's down to

Laundry List
Girl on Board

Hipness
Crisp Whites
Coin Operated

Practice Makes Perfect
Sudsy

erine1881

Yes that's what I mean! Thank you! I thought I might be wrong when I posted, but I was hoping someone would understand my ramblings... Do you think they're worth buying instead of just buying two brushes? I know it would mean half the price, but I feel like I would never be able to use the end of the brush, at a right angle, and I don't use many brushes in such a way that the end doesn't touch. Well I guess I do when I'm packing on shadow with flat brushes, but then I pack on so much pigment that both sides of the brush would end up with that color on them.
I don't think so. That's why i have unused split fibre brushes in my sale thread. I personally think they're just another gimmick product. But that's just me.

LauraLara

I don't think so. That's why i have unused split fibre brushes in my sale thread. I personally think they're just another gimmick product. But that's just me.
I trust you, and it's what I generally suspected, so I'm going to continue not buying them. Thanks!

Yazmin

This really made me think about whether it's worth the expense to buy these brushes only to have them sit around unused like the rest of my split fibre brushes. I don't even reach for them - so why do I want to buy more?
th_dunno.gif

CCKK

Morage is starting to grow on me. Liking the make-up bag. Prob. will pass on the brushes. Too expensive

B

Buffy89

Looks like you can't add the items to the cart anymore. Now I'm wondering if they'll ship the orders that were already placed.
It would be a miracle if we could get at least one smooth launch here.
sigh.gif
It seems to be working again. I put Hipness into my cart yesterday but then just shut the page down without removing it from the cart again. So I still had it in my cart today and I gave in and ordered it *blushing* Well, maybe it just worked because the item already was in the cart?
Uhhh, my low-buy....but lord, I just don't wanna wait for two whole weeks to get my hands on it in store.

btw, the rest of the collection, except for a brow gel if the color fits, is a skip for me.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
It seems to be working again. I put Hipness into my cart yesterday but then just shut the page down without removing it from the cart again. So I still had it in my cart today and I gave in and ordered it *blushing* Well, maybe it just worked because the item already was in the cart?
Uhhh, my low-buy....but lord, I just don't wanna wait for two whole weeks to get my hands on it in store.

btw, the rest of the collection, except for a brow gel if the color fits, is a skip for me.
greengrin.gif
You will love it! I just got mine, will post swatches in a minute. I have some trouble uploading pics.
I had some more stuff from this collection in my cart and it was removed.
Yeah, I would've loved to wait and buy them at Douglas with a coupon, but I don't have that kind of patience either. And I don't want to take any risk anymore after them not getting IGNK at all.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Both have a super silky texture!! CW has more sheen than Hipness, unfortunately my pic quality is not good enough to show that. Shadewise, CW definitely isn't unique...

B

Buffy89

:D  You will love it! I just got mine, will post swatches in a minute. I have some trouble uploading pics. I had some more stuff from this collection in my cart and it was removed. Yeah, I would've loved to wait and buy them at Douglas with a coupon, but I don't have that kind of patience either. And I don't want to take any risk anymore after them not getting IGNK at all. 
yep, I totally understand! Thanks for the swatches! When did you order, yesterday? Your blushes arrived super quickly then! Hipness looks great, and also CW, but I'm sure CW will be too orange for me again.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hipness looks great, and also CW, but I'm sure CW will be too orange for me again.
Yes, it was quick this time.
It does look more orange on my skin than I thought it would. Probably similar enough to Freshen Up to not need both. Hipness is def my fave of the two.