MAC X Aaliyah Collection (June 20/21, 2018)

Tarabotti

At Your Best You Are Lip glass is sold out now.

I'm confused- I thought that this would be a really popular collection and most everything would be sold out within an hour or two. The things that I thought would sell out first haven't - like the eye palette and the lipsticks, while a lip pencil has. Do people not realize that it is on the website today and are waiting until tomorrow to buy things?

VixenwithFixens

You know a collection is not doing too well when you get so many promo emails. Aaliyah is here. The best of Aaliyah. Aaliyah must haves. LOL. MAC is trying too hard.

Awww that makes me sad to hear ?????? this is one collection I wanted to explode like Selena.

Miss Dynamite

At Your Best You Are Lip glass is sold out now.
I'm confused- I thought that this would be a really popular collection and most everything would be sold out within an hour or two. The things that I thought would sell out first haven't - like the eye palette and the lipsticks, while a lip pencil has. Do people not realize that it is on the website today and are waiting until tomorrow to buy things?

This collection was demanded by a huge amount of people and has been quite hyped up. I think MAC just learned from their mistakes with Selena and made a ton more product.

LadyBug13

Both liners are now sold out, along with 3 of the 4 lipglasses (Brooklyn Born still in stock). Hot Like is the first of the lipsticks to sell out. Everything else is still in stock.

Mac-Guy

This collection was demanded by a huge amount of people and has been quite hyped up. I think MAC just learned from their mistakes with Selena and made a ton more product.

I don't think that MAC made more products. Marketing-wise, it is much better for a collection to have a limited amount to sell out immediately, rather than items sitting on shelves and getting discounted. Just remember when new releases sold out within minutes. It instantly created a hype for the next collection and people bought way more than they planed.

Miss Dynamite

I don't think that MAC made more products. Marketing-wise, it is much better for a collection to have a limited amount to sell out immediately, rather than items sitting on shelves and getting discounted. Just remember when new releases sold out within minutes. It instantly created a hype for the next collection and people bought way more than they planed.

Yeah, but people were super pissed over the Selena disaster and they had to make more product to release months later. It's possible they wanted to avoid that this time. Items are still selling out in this collection, just not as fast.

Mac-Guy

Yeah, but people were super pissed over the Selena disaster and they had to make more product to release months later. It's possible they wanted to avoid that this time. Items are still selling out in this collection, just not as fast.

The good news is that most people got what they wanted. :)

fur4elise

*shakes wire hanger* damn you early release...
ah well. let me see what I think I want out of what is left.

I am still seeing lots in stock at Macy's. I am sure Belk will have it too. I went to Macys to get Li Li's Motor City, since it was sold out at MAC. Happy shopping!

p.s. I got a total of 7 emails from MAC!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The collection launched in Germany today. I had no idea, would be nice to get some info regarding a release date beforehand.
The lip pencils aren't even listed and the powder says coming soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get that either. No collector's box and no bandana, either. I was debating on getting a gloss or two when I saw the collection this morning, but both of those are already sold out now. More Than A Woman is sold out too.

I just noticed I didn't get any email from MAC US in a while and it seems like I can't sign up again either.

Mac-Guy

I am still seeing lots in stock at Macy's. I am sure Belk will have it too. I went to Macys to get Li Li's Motor City, since it was sold out at MAC. Happy shopping!

Since midnight, I got 12 more emails re this collection. The latest one says "Aaliyah is going fast". I don't think so. LOL.

mango13

I got Try Again, Street Thing, Li Lis Motort City and Baby Girl. I got in in. Combination from Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. They have much better rewards/ebates and samples. I have made a decent amount of MAC purchases this year and none of them have been from MAC online or store.

Haven

It could be in part because the resale market for MAC isn’t what it used to be. Looking at eBay there are some listings for this collection. You don’t see, however, people with fifty of each lipstick to sell like in the past. Production levels possibly haven’t changed, and the evilbayers aren’t purchasing hoards of each product to resell.

Tarabotti

Since midnight, I got 12 more emails re this collection. The latest one says "Aaliyah is going fast". I don't think so. LOL.

See, y'all were all worried that MAC didn't love you anymore. They still love you!:roflmao::rofl:

Monsy

my order should be here today. I first ordered eye palette and a bronzer and then later got a gloss too.

Latest posts