MAC X Bao Bao Wan Collection (March 5, 2015)

Marsha Pomells

Please share. Besides me not have DG, my swatches are terrible...I need to take a course of lighting I never get it right lol
Top swatch is DG and FB (chucked it in for good measure) bottom is DG and Magenta...
1e7cf7a2_image.jpeg
Will edit this post, once I find my Heroine lippy... EDIT: very bottom swatch is DG and Heroine (lipstick):
7188b8e9_image.jpeg
Please note I'm N8/9

Gryffindor

Gonna have to livechat with Nordies again and get them to check on my store order...called the store yesterday to find out how I'd be notified of shipment and see if they could add e-mail info and such, but the man at the MAC counter was very rude and had zero interest in helping.

Gryffindor

I should have gotten Burmese Kiss, it looks like such a nice, bright coral in Temptalia's swatch...it looked so pink everywhere else.

hitchcockblonde

Okay sorry for the pic spam but I have swatches. Sorry I didn't get these out yesterday, the UPS guy didn't deliver until it was pitch black outside.

Imperial Jade

Man I love this polish so much. Hopefully I can take a better picture if the sun ever comes out again.

Romantic Breakdown

Love this one! I normally don't have an issue with lustres but they are definitely hit or miss and this one is for sure a hit!

Comparison swatches of Romantic Breakdown @cowabungadude

I tried to get them as color accurate as possible but again the weather terrible.

Burmese Kiss

Comparison with Toying Around

I was getting super worried about Burmese Kiss with the recent swatches and while it is definitely more orange than I was hoping I still like it way more than Toying Around on me. It pulls slightly darker and a wee bit more pink. I think I'll finally rid myself of TA and wear BK with Cherry liner.

patentg33k

I should have gotten Burmese Kiss, it looks like such a nice, bright coral in Temptalia's swatch...it looked so pink everywhere else.
I was thinking the same thing, but she does have several dupes listed. I think if I still want something similar this summer there will be something close enough for me.

MissElle12

omg... what o-o... did they mean manhasset? lmao that's insane
Nope!! Natick, Masachusetts! She gave me the store address and phone number lol...I had asked if there were ANY in NY, NJ, or CT and she said the only one in the northeast carrying the collection was in MA. That's when I gave up lol

v0ltagekid

Nope!! Natick, Masachusetts! She gave me the store address and phone number lol...I had asked if there were ANY in NY, NJ, or CT and she said the only one in the northeast carrying the collection was in MA. That's when I gave up lol
what the heck... wow...
ohboy.gif

they meant limited edition huh..

Marsha Pomells

Right... I've finally sat down (or stood up in the mirror) and played about with Bao Bao's Jewels... Ignore my dreadful blending, if I wasn't ill and what not or if I was heading somewhere special... It would look a lot better...
1da8bd5c_image.jpeg
First pic is of the top 3 shadows.
d2bcc47f_image.jpeg
Second pic is Rose Gold in the corner and blended with the bottom 2 shadows. I find them quite sheer, pigmented but sheer. If anyone wanted a natural-ish look, use the top 3 shadows, otherwise the bottom 2, I would wear in the evening. But personally, I would wear just the one shade and one shade only. I will still use these for eyeliners, but it would mean being heavy handed just for 3 shadows to show up on my skin. Other than that, I'm quite pleased with my purchase

Marsha Pomells

Okay sorry for the pic spam but I have swatches. Sorry I didn't get these out yesterday, the UPS guy didn't deliver until it was pitch black outside. Imperial Jade Man I love this polish so much. Hopefully I can take a better picture if the sun ever comes out again. Romantic Breakdown Love this one! I normally don't have an issue with lustres but they are definitely hit or miss and this one is for sure a hit! Comparison swatches of Romantic Breakdown @cowabungadude I tried to get them as color accurate as possible but again the weather terrible. Burmese Kiss Comparison with Toying Around I was getting super worried about Burmese Kiss with the recent swatches and while it is definitely more orange than I was hoping I still like it way more than Toying Around on me. It pulls slightly darker and a wee bit more pink. I think I'll finally rid myself of TA and wear BK with Cherry liner.
I missed Toying Around, but could pick it up for £13 on eBay (there's a decent seller on there from Essex - they've been good to me, along with another seller from NY). BK looks like TA's twin