MAC x Marian Newman Nail Transformations Collection (June 26, 2014)

NaomiH

girlhaha.gif

I'm wondering if this is accurate though. On other sites I read there are 6 or 7 laquers in this collection and then 4 in the Novel Romance one, I believe.
Hmmm......good point! Maybe she added them all together by mistake?

kerry-jane88

Very confusing all the differing info, but the shadow polish shall be mine! I love the look of the pearl colours but I already own similar from illamasqua and boots natural collection! Interested to see what the texture one is like, I'd probably have to try it on counter, I hated the opi shatter, though I doubt it'd be that clumpy. Matte top coats dont agree with me neither.

lilinah

Here's the colour story according to Chic Profile (I hate to admit to getting something from her, but it's relevant so I'm sharing. lol)

Availability
U.S. Launch Date – 26 June 2014 at MAC Locations
International Launch Date – July 2014 at MAC Stores
Romania Launch Date – late July 2014 at MAC Stores
[h=2]MAC Marian Newman Summer 2014 Collection[/h] [h=3]Studio Nail Lacquer – New & Permanent – $10.00/ $12.00 CAD[/h]
  • Liquid Pigment – pink pearl (Sheer pink pearl transformer)
  • Liquid Pigment – green pearl (Sheer green pearl transformer)
  • Liquid Pigment – gold pearl (Sheer Gold pearl transformer)
  • Texturize – clear leather effect top coat
  • Shadow – sheer blackening top coat
  • Highlight – sheer highlighting top coat
  • High Energy - bright orange red (Cream) <= i tracked it down
  • Skin – light peach beige (Cream)
  • Rebel – mid-tone plum (Cream)
  • Quiet Time – beige nude (Cream)
(http://www.chicprofile.com/2014/05/mac-marian-newman-summer-2014-collection.html#more-91577)

girlhaha.gif

I'm wondering if this is accurate though. On other sites I read there are 6 or 7 laquers in this collection and then 4 in the Novel Romance one, I believe.
I'm wearing Quiet Time - altho not the re-formulation - which i got very recently at my local MAC. It's the color of very milky coffee, was in MAC Me Over. So i think the list above is more than one collection mixed up.

Also, i bet Highlight – "bright orange red (Cream)" is a concatenation of two polishes - one a sheer highlight top coat to go with the Shadow and the other an orange red polish with some other name.

veronikawithak

I forgot about these too... I need to make a spreadsheet or something.
wondering.gif

Looking forward to the Shadow polish! Maybe some of the pearls or the leather one. I love my matte top coat so these should be fun.

Tavia

I haven't wrote the info by mistake. I had the MAC Update Book for Summer 2014 and I took the color story right from there. Last month MAC hosted its Summer update and that's how I know the color story. This is what was listed in the MAC book for my country so I can't guarantee this info is available for US as well. I have photos in my phone with the color story and the entire MAC Update Book but I'm not allowed to publish those photos and only the content according to MAC's policy here. On the same day I also posted about the upcoming MAC Look in a Box. I don't know why so much hate since I'm researching my own info and whenever I took something from Specktra I always mentioned the source with a link at the bottom of the post and even talked (PM) with some of the persons who posted the info here to ask for permission. Sometimes I get the info right before it is published on Specktra but I'm not allowed to post on the blog and sometimes I get the info from Specktra and I always give credit. I'm just a MAC fan like the rest of you and I like to share collections for everyone else.

Tavia

Here I attach the photo I took directly from my MAC Update Book so you can see the info for yourselves. I hope this will clarify any doubts.
d18a9a1a_image.jpeg

Dominique33

I haven't wrote the info by mistake. I had the MAC Update Book for Summer 2014 and I took the color story right from there. Last month MAC hosted its Summer update and that's how I know the color story. This is what was listed in the MAC book for my country so I can't guarantee this info is available for US as well. I have photos in my phone with the color story and the entire MAC Update Book but I'm not allowed to publish those photos and only the content according to MAC's policy here. On the same day I also posted about the upcoming MAC Look in a Box. I don't know why so much hate since I'm researching my own info and whenever I took something from Specktra I always mentioned the source with a link at the bottom of the post and even talked (PM) with some of the persons who posted the info here to ask for permission. Sometimes I get the info right before it is published on Specktra but I'm not allowed to post on the blog and sometimes I get the info from Specktra and I always give credit. I'm just a MAC fan like the rest of you and I like to share collections for everyone else.
Thank you Tavia all the more as your Blog is much much appreciated in Europe, and full of useful and oh so trendy information for us in France :) well those np sound promising !

Mac-Guy

OMG! I don't know how I missed that you posted this link. I am a nail polish addict. These shades are so pretty, and with MAC's recent drop in price I definitely want to pick some of these up when they launch. Thank you for posting this link.
The price drop in combination with the Pro discount is just
th_e2cloud9.gif

lyseD

OMG! I don't know how I missed that you posted this link. I am a nail polish addict. These shades are so pretty, and with MAC's recent drop in price I definitely want to pick some of these up when they launch. Thank you for posting this link.
The price drop in combination with the Pro discount is just
th_e2cloud9.gif
I was not even going to peek into this thread because of the ridiculous prices MAC charges for its sub-par polish but this new price is quite reasonable so I'll probably give them a try.

hopefulheart

Here's the colour story according to Chic Profile (I hate to admit to getting something from her, but it's relevant so I'm sharing. lol) [COLOR=0000FF]Availability[/COLOR]
U.S. Launch Date – 26 June 2014 at MAC Locations
International Launch Date – July 2014 at MAC Stores
Romania Launch Date – late July 2014 at MAC Stores
[h=2][COLOR=000080]MAC Marian Newman Summer 2014 Collection[/COLOR][/h] [h=3][COLOR=0000FF]Studio Nail Lacquer – New & Permanent – $10.00/ $12.00 CAD[/COLOR][/h]
  • Texturize – clear leather effect top coat
  • Shadow – sheer blackening top coat
  • Liquid Pigment – pink pearl  (Sheer pink pearl transformer)
  • Liquid Pigment – green pearl (Sheer green pearl transformer)
  • Liquid Pigment – gold pearl (Sheer Gold pearl transformer)
  • Highlight – bright orange red (Cream)
  • Skin – light peach beige (Cream)
  • Rebel – mid-tone plum (Cream)
  • Quiet Time – beige nude (Cream)
(http://www.chicprofile.com/2014/05/mac-marian-newman-summer-2014-collection.html#more-91577)
Thanks for sharing! I'm really loving the sound of Texturize and the Liquid Pigments in Pink Pearl and Gold Pearl. I'm so glad that these are going to be permanent so I can buy them one at a time. And they will be my first ever MAC nail polish thanks to the lovely price decrease!

lyseD

The Pedro collection had a polish called Skin and it is described as a light peach beige. $21 in Canada.