MAC x Marian Newman Nail Transformations Collection (June 26, 2014)

NaomiH

I haven't wrote the info by mistake. I had the MAC Update Book for Summer 2014 and I took the color story right from there. Last month MAC hosted its Summer update and that's how I know the color story. This is what was listed in the MAC book for my country so I can't guarantee this info is available for US as well. I have photos in my phone with the color story and the entire MAC Update Book but I'm not allowed to publish those photos and only the content according to MAC's policy here. On the same day I also posted about the upcoming MAC Look in a Box. I don't know why so much hate since I'm researching my own info and whenever I took something from Specktra I always mentioned the source with a link at the bottom of the post and even talked (PM) with some of the persons who posted the info here to ask for permission. Sometimes I get the info right before it is published on Specktra but I'm not allowed to post on the blog and sometimes I get the info from Specktra and I always give credit. I'm just a MAC fan like the rest of you and I like to share collections for everyone else.
I wish to apologize to you for my ignorant comment and to thank you for the colour story, it is much appreciated. I'm truly embarrassed by my comment and angry at myself for taking gossip and speculation by others as truth in regards to your blog and for lumping you in with other info seekers like others who shall remain unnamed. You seem to have a very nice blog that you work very hard on and I'm incredibly sorry to of made the stupid comment that I did.

Dolly Snow

Here I attach the photo I took directly from my MAC Update Book so you can see the info for yourselves. I hope this will clarify any doubts.
d18a9a1a_image.jpeg
Thanks, Tavia. I love the new price. We should celebrate that MAC finally lowered a price instead of increasing it. :cheer:
I may try one finally at that price

patentg33k

Here's the colour story according to Chic Profile

Availability
U.S. Launch Date – 26 June 2014 at MAC Locations
International Launch Date – July 2014 at MAC Stores
Romania Launch Date – late July 2014 at MAC Stores
[h=2]MAC Marian Newman Summer 2014 Collection[/h] [h=3]Studio Nail Lacquer – New & Permanent – $10.00/ $12.00 CAD[/h]
  • Texturize – clear leather effect top coat
  • Shadow – sheer blackening top coat
  • Liquid Pigment – pink pearl (Sheer pink pearl transformer)
  • Liquid Pigment – green pearl (Sheer green pearl transformer)
  • Liquid Pigment – gold pearl (Sheer Gold pearl transformer)
  • Highlight – bright orange red (Cream)
  • Skin – light peach beige (Cream)
  • Rebel – mid-tone plum (Cream)
  • Quiet Time – beige nude (Cream)
(http://www.chicprofile.com/2014/05/mac-marian-newman-summer-2014-collection.html#more-91577)
The liquid pigments sound awesome. So the Creams must be suggestions for the base colors for the transforming top coats (I love orange reds in summer!). Definitely going to have a few fall into my cart at some point.

lilinah

According to the Early Buzz thread this is a picture of the Nail Transformations, not including the Texturizers

1st row, L-R: Highlight, Gold Pearl, Pink Pearl, Green Pearl, Pearl
2nd row, L-R: Highlight, Gold, Pink, and Green over Nocturnelle (black)

I don't remember who posted it to the thread, but as you can see, it's from nailartjunkie on instagram

erine1881

I'm hoping they're the $10 and not $12, though $12 is still way better than $16. 
The regular polishes are $10. But it may be a possibility that the transformations are $12, since theyre a special polish, ya know? I don't have the information on this collection unfortunately.

MeJaneYouTarzan

Ohh, the price break on relaunch is really welcome! I never buy MAC polishes anymore (except at CCO) because of the price and nothing-special formula, but this will make them tempting again. I wonder how close Soiree is to Shimmerfish? I really wanted that one but couldn't justify it at $17.50, even with the awesome packaging.

Tavia

No harm done, I don't hold a grudge or anything. I'm just a beauty blogger trying to share my passion with everyone else but sometimes I'm just tired of explaining myself to everyone who is accusing me. I do have my own official MAC info (I have a MAC Update book), I have friends within MAC company and a very good relation with many MAC MUA but when the info was not researched by me, or not obtained from my sources then I will always mention the source in my article at the end of the post with a link to specktra and especially mention the person who posted the info. I do appreciate your comment, it really means a lot to me. :)

MRV

I think the transformations are just too subtle for me. Like if you're using just cremes and want some extra kick. I don't want to change my lippie colours with liners either.