MAC x Rocky Horror Picture Show Collection (Oct 2, 2014)

NaomiH

I know. Me too.
censored.gif
If I am not mistaken, even if you returned something unused Mac will not resell it again. Will they?? Nordstroms would not either.
No, they destroy even brand new items that get returned.

Vandekamp

No, they destroy even brand new items that get returned.
I guess she must of thought I was going to be pretty stupid and not inspect the product at the time of exchange. Not. BUT, I gave her my lipstick and she promised to send me a check. I told her to send me a money order and I was able to cash it. Thank God. You have to be careful who you do business with.

NaomiH

I see some people in the CB trying to sell stuff that is 30% and 50% used.
I've seen that too and don't get why anyone would actually buy that. I'm thinking of getting rid of a few lippies I just don't use like Pure Heroine, Sounds Like Noise etc, but those have been used three times ever at maximum. I wouldn't even bother if it was just a nub left in the tube.

Vandekamp

I've seen that too and don't get why anyone would actually buy that. I'm thinking of getting rid of a few lippies I just don't use like Pure Heroine, Sounds Like Noise etc, but those have been used three times ever at maximum. I wouldn't even bother if it was just a nub left in the tube.
I am not a fan of Pure Heroine either. Someone suggested applying Fashion Boost all over the lips first and then applying PH. I intend to try that. I am not crazy about dark purples. BUT I am in love with Dark Room. That is like a dark berry-purple-burgundy red. lol

NaomiH

I am not a fan of Pure Heroine either. Someone suggested applying Fashion Boost all over the lips first and then applying PH. I intend to try that. I am not crazy about dark purples. BUT I am in love with Dark Room. That is like a dark berry-purple-burgundy red. lol
I love the colour of PH, but it's such a patchy, slippery mess I just can't even bother with it. lol

Marsha Pomells

I am not a fan of Pure Heroine either. Someone suggested applying Fashion Boost all over the lips first and then applying PH. I intend to try that. I am not crazy about dark purples. BUT I am in love with Dark Room. That is like a dark berry-purple-burgundy red. lol
I love dark lipsticks. I just have a tendency to use different liners with them to see how it looks and if I could wear the combo when out and about. But when it comes to used lipsticks, it has to be swatched once or twice for me to buy it. Otherwise... No. Dark Room does look very nice indeed

treasuremymac

O-M-G!!! E-Bay continues to be a C-R-A-Z-Y place: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141445756291?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
WTF2.gif
Its amzing that people have the nerve to try and sell that for that much money. Its sheer greed and excess. Thats the reason why things sell out and people dont get what they want. I dont care how much I want an item I wont give into that based on principle alone.

treasuremymac

And then you really don't know if what you are going to get is authentic and brand new. Someone thought she was purchasing a BNIB FnF from a Specktra person and it had been used. Just imagine that.
Seller has relisted probably means they didnt sell it (surprised?) and making another attempt to resell.

If you say BNIB then it needs to be BNIB. IMO a swatched lippie does not constitute BNIB. Why not just be honest and say its "like new" but swatched once? Thats just wrong!

treasuremymac

You and me both. You would expect that kind of stuff to happen on Ebay. However, earlier this year I had agreed to swap a BNIB lipstick from a Specktra person. We met in person. I gave her my BNIB RiRi Nude (I think. I forget the color now). She was supposed to give me a BNIB lipstick too. (I think it may have been TTT. Don't quote me). I took the top off the lipstick, rolled the lipstick all the way up to inspect it and saw that it had been used. Instead of using it froxm the top she had been scrapping the lipsticks from the sides. I could not believe it. She said MAC sent it to her this way and she was embarrased. Now ladies, we all know Mac does NOT recyle lipsticks. Unbelievable. That she would try to pass a used lipstick off as brand new in person still leaves me incredulous. Who does that????????????????
Now thats just some shady shit! I would have tossed that back in her face and taken my lippie!

MAC probably doesnt recycle lipsticks because its a liability to accept an item that someone purchased that may have been tainted. Its too much of a risk for them. But now that you've mentioned it I wonder what MAC does with lipsticks that have been barely used or not used at all that are returned?

Ive never returned a lipstick, mostly because I always know what I'm getting so it seems a big strange that someone would buy something use it then return it? Didnt you swatch/test it at the store?

Julily

Seller has relisted probably means they didnt sell it (surprised?) and making another attempt to resell. If you say BNIB then it needs to be BNIB. IMO a swatched lippie does not constitute BNIB. Why not just be honest and say its "like new" but swatched once? Thats just wrong!
I once saw a listing on ebay that was listed as New and then in the description said swatched. I believe it's against ebay policy to sell used cosmetics unless things have changed.

Anaphora

Now thats just some shady shit! I would have tossed that back in her face and taken my lippie!

MAC probably doesnt recycle lipsticks because its a liability to accept an item that someone purchased that may have been tainted. Its too much of a risk for them. But now that you've mentioned it I wonder what MAC does with lipsticks that have been barely used or not used at all that are returned?

Ive never returned a lipstick, mostly because I always know what I'm getting so it seems a big strange that someone would buy something use it then return it? Didnt you swatch/test it at the store?
MAC destroys all returns, unfortunately.

Lipstickwh0re

And then you really don't know if what you are going to get is authentic and brand new. Someone thought she was purchasing a BNIB FnF from a Specktra person and it had been used. Just imagine that.
You sound so leery about ebay! I understand it trust me but it really depends on the legitimacy of the seller. Also, in the event that you do get something unauthentic there's a money back guarantee via paypal buyer protection. But that means no one bough it and the seller is listing it again to sell.

Latest posts