MAC x Rocky Horror Picture Show Collection (Oct 2, 2014)

Dolly Snow

You and me both. You would expect that kind of stuff to happen on Ebay. However, earlier this year I had agreed to swap a BNIB lipstick from a Specktra person. We met in person. I gave her my BNIB RiRi Nude (I think. I forget the color now). She was supposed to give me a BNIB lipstick too. (I think it may have been TTT. Don't quote me). I took the top off the lipstick, rolled the lipstick all the way up to inspect it and saw that it had been used. Instead of using it froxm the top she had been scrapping the lipsticks from the sides. I could not believe it. She said MAC sent it to her this way and she was embarrased. Now ladies, we all know Mac does NOT recyle lipsticks. Unbelievable. That she would try to pass a used lipstick off as brand new in person still leaves me incredulous. Who does that????????????????
:eek:hboy: gotta laugh though. Some people these days!

Vandekamp

You sound so leery about ebay! I understand it trust me but it really depends on the legitimacy of the seller. Also, in the event that you do get something unauthentic there's a money back guarantee via paypal buyer protection. But that means no one bough it and the seller is listing it again to sell.
Yes I am. I purchased a large container of hair conditioner a few months back and it did not smell or look anything like the product I was used to purchasing. The thing is you don't sknow who you are dealing with on EBay. And yes, I do know you can get your money back. But heck, you can't trust everone you do business with here on Specktra. Perfect example is the lasy who thought she was getting a BNIB FnF from a Specktra member and it had been used.

Vandekamp

ohboy.gif
gotta laugh though. Some people these days!
I know. And a Specktra member at that.

treasuremymac

I know.
WTF2.gif

Correct. A swatched lipstick is not brand new. Who here disagrees?

I could not believe it. I used totalk to her daily on here. I don't see her here much anymore. Who does that S**t!
I bet in her mind she drew a distinction between NEW and BRAND NEW.
WTF2.gif

That is exactly what I thought. If not, theyMac opens it self to a huge liability. If Mac made enough merchandise to make it into the stores this kind of craziness would not happen.
Yes I am. I purchased a large container of hair conditioner a few months back and it did not smell or look anything like the product I was used to purchasing. The thing is you don't sknow who you are dealing with on EBay. And yes, I do know you can get your money back. But heck, you can't trust everone you do business with here on Specktra. Perfect example is the lasy who thought she was getting a BNIB FnF from a Specktra member and it had been used.
Aww that sucks. Sorry to hear. I could see people on here chatting and deciding to meet up because its tough to meet makeup enthusiasts in certain places. I have a few friends where I live that enjoy makeup but not to the extent I do.
I dont see anything wrong with selling a used item but the seller should be honest about disclosing the usage. I have not used eBay to sell items, I mostly stick to IG and have had some success on there. To me its more important to be honest about what Im selling to make sure people are happy with what they receive and dont feel deceived. A lot of people dont have a lot to spend on makeup so when they buy a $20 lipstick that means a lot. Id rather be honest about what Im selling than hurt someone with a lie and risk ruining my reputation as a seller.

Vandekamp

Aww that sucks. Sorry to hear. I could see people on here chatting and deciding to meet up because its tough to meet makeup enthusiasts in certain places. I have a few friends here to enjoy makeup but not to the extent I do.
I dont see anything wrong with selling a used item but the seller should be honest about disclosing the usage. I have not used eBay to sell items, I mostly stick to IG and have had some success on there. To me its more important to be honest about what Im selling to make sure people are happy with what they receive and dont feel deceived. A lot of people dont have a lot to spend on makeup so when they buy a $20 lipstick that means a lot. Id rather be honest about what Im selling than hurt someone with a lie and risk ruining my reputation as a seller.
I agree 100%. I see nothing wrong with buying a used lipstick. I bought Heaux used but I was told it was used upfront The other Specktra lady was not told that she was getting a FnF lipstick that had been swatched a few times. Unlike you or I, she does not like used lipsticks.

Marsha Pomells

I agree 100%. I see nothing wrong with buying a used lipstick. I bought Heaux used but I was told it was used upfront The other Specktra lady was not told that she was getting a FnF lipstick that had been swatched a few times. Unlike you or I, she does not like used lipsticks.
I rather someone telling me that the lipstick has been used, rather than finding out shortly after purchasing or swapping.

misfitted

I've seen that too and don't get why anyone would actually buy that. I'm thinking of getting rid of a few lippies I just don't use like Pure Heroine, Sounds Like Noise etc, but those have been used three times ever at maximum. I wouldn't even bother if it was just a nub left in the tube. 
That's so weird to me. I've only put a used item in the CB once, and I only put it in bc I only swatched it once. When I see a 12x used fresh brew or something in the CB I bust out laughing. The really rare HTF lippies I can understand ppl putting up for sale even if they're used, but it's still weird to me when ppl buy a half a tube of lipstick unless the seller physically cut part of the product out to keep. Now if they slathered it all over their mouth down to half of the lipstick, that's just blech...
I love the colour of PH, but it's such a patchy, slippery mess I just can't even bother with it. lol
That dang formula. If I put too many layers of an amp on my lips I end up mad as hell every time I rub my lips together. Just slides the product right out to the edges of my lips smh!
Seller has relisted probably means they didnt sell it (surprised?) and making another attempt to resell. If you say BNIB then it needs to be BNIB. IMO a swatched lippie does not constitute BNIB. Why not just be honest and say its "like new" but swatched once? Thats just wrong!
It's worse when something is listed as BNIB but there's a picture of it nubbed down lol...
*mumbles some nasty Jamaican swear words under breath*
I hope you said rasclat... Just the sound of that word makes me giggle. I have extended family members that are Jamaican and when they cuss it cracks me UP! Especially older ladies! I love jamaicans!

Marsha Pomells

That's so weird to me. I've only put a used item in the CB once, and I only put it in bc I only swatched it once. When I see a 12x used fresh brew or something in the CB I bust out laughing. The really rare HTF lippies I can understand ppl putting up for sale even if they're used, but it's still weird to me when ppl buy a half a tube of lipstick unless the seller physically cut part of the product out to keep. Now if they slathered it all over their mouth down to half of the lipstick, that's just blech... That dang formula. If I put too many layers of an amp on my lips I end up mad as hell every time I rub my lips together. Just slides the product right out to the edges of my lips smh! It's worse when something is listed as BNIB but there's a picture of it nubbed down lol... I hope you said rasclat... Just the sound of that word makes me giggle. I have extended family members that are Jamaican and when they cuss it cracks me UP! Especially older ladies! I love jamaicans!
Raasclart was mumbled along with other unsavoury words

Vandekamp

I rather someone telling me that the lipstick has been used, rather than finding out shortly after purchasing or swapping.
There is a happy ending to the story guys. UPDATE: The seller agreed to give the young lady her money back. And, another youg lady, also on Specktra, agreed to sell her a TRUE BNIB FnF and SJ. How is that for karma and the sisterhood. The good guys/ladies outweigh the bad apples.

misfitted

Oh you'd be surprised what Specktra members will do! I've been majorly screwed by one on a CP before!
This is why I'm afraid to do a CP or a swap. At least if I pay for something and I don't get what I was supposed to, I can show proof of what was expected and most likely get my money back through PayPal. And trust, I will go so far as to take screenshots of listings, item descriptions, and/or send screenshots of messages in a paypal dispute. I've had to do that a couple of times with etsy transactions, but my experience buying and selling on Specktra has been 100% great so far!

NaniLovesMAC

I'm going to try it again with an under and overcoat to see how it does, but I'm pretty disappointed in it at the moment. I don't understand why everyone raved about it so hard. The colour alone maybe?
I love the color, but it does chip pretty easily. I use a gel top coat and cure it under my uv light for a min and that helps tremendously but it is a lot of unnecessary work. But I love the color so I deal, lol. It's actually my first MAC polish so I'm not sure if they are all like this.
hmm.gif

NaomiH

I love the color, but it does chip pretty easily. I use a gel top coat and cure it under my uv light for a min and that helps tremendously but it is a lot of unnecessary work. But I love the color so I deal, lol. It's actually my first MAC polish so I'm not sure if they are all like this.
hmm.gif
This and Formidable are my first MAC polishes too. I haven't tried Formidable yet and I'm really hoping it lasts better than BF does.

Latest posts