Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

Shars

Here's a shade chart for the new foundation and the stick:

I'm a little confused for now, not sure if I'd need R240 since that is the old 107, but R210 looks much lighter. And I guess the stick doesn't come in a shade that's light enough for me, so that's a bummer, I was loooking forward to it.
The shades on the first chart are not correct colour wise. I wouldn't rely on those as a good gauge. My shade is usually between 175 and 177 and it does NOT look like that. The stick shades are more accurate (at least on my screen) on the second picture but I'm also wondering where I'd fit as my usual shade is not there. I know some MUFE foundations oxidise too so that's even more to think about
sigh.gif

DILLIGAF

No wonder 175 didn't work out for me. It has a red undertone. I have golden / yellow undertones. Why did I ever think that 175 would work? Looking at the new shade designations I'm wondering which one would be the best. Y455 or Y445 maybe? Can't wait to try them out.

Shars

No wonder 175 didn't work out for me. It has a red undertone. I have golden / yellow undertones. Why did I ever think that 175 would work? Looking at the new shade designations I'm wondering which one would be the best. Y455 or Y445 maybe? Can't wait to try them out.
Yup. 175 is red. My very yellow friend passed hers on to me because the red mixed with her yellow just made her look like an oompa loompa. I'm more neutral than pure red but it works fine for me. I was matched to 177 though but haven't tried it yet as I'm very happy with 175. 173 is more the yellow but similar shade as 175... well slightly lighter.

Edit: If you're like NC50 I'd try both Y455 and Y445

NYCBeautyJunkie

I purchased the new foundation today at the boutique. Definitely seems a bit thinner/runnier than I remember the old formula being BUT I haven't used the old formula since 2009, so that's saying something... Lol. I bought 177/ Y505.

Shars

I purchased the new foundation today at the boutique. Definitely seems a bit thinner/runnier than I remember the old formula being BUT I haven't used the old formula since 2009, so that's saying something... Lol. I bought 177/ Y505.
Nice! When you get to test drive, let us know you thoughts please :)

DILLIGAF

Yup. 175 is red. My very yellow friend passed hers on to me because the red mixed with her yellow just made her look like an oompa loompa. I'm more neutral than pure red but it works fine for me. I was matched to 177 though but haven't tried it yet as I'm very happy with 175. 173 is more the yellow but similar shade as 175... well slightly lighter.

Edit: If you're like NC50 I'd try both Y455 and Y445
I'm going to try them both. I'm very very happy with my NARS Sheer Glow but every once in a while I want to switch it up. I remember liking the MUFE HD. It looked fine indoors but once I got outside I looked crazy. I have no idea what I am in MAC foundations. I know I'm NC something probably NC50.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I'm going to try them both. I'm very very happy with my NARS Sheer Glow but every once in a while I want to switch it up. I remember liking the MUFE HD. It looked fine indoors but once I got outside I looked crazy. I have no idea what I am in MAC foundations. I know I'm NC something probably NC50.
I'm NC 50 and I felt Y505 was the best match (probably will be PERFECT in the winter since I tend to turn a bit red when I tan). Y445 and 455 appeared a bit too light for me. I did just lightly swatch it on my hand though.

Shars

Sounds like a good plan.
Quote: Originally Posted by NYCBeautyJunkie

I'm NC 50 and I felt Y505 was the best match (probably will be PERFECT in the winter since I tend to turn a bit red when I tan). Y445 and 455 appeared a bit too light for me. I did just lightly swatch it on my hand though.
Wow, okay. Guess the chart isn't that accurate then. That said, I know they always suggest a lighter shade in the powder because it oxidises. Maybe it's the same with these?

laurennnxox

Here's a shade chart for the new foundation and the stick:

I'm a little confused for now, not sure if I'd need R240 since that is the old 107, but R210 looks much lighter. And I guess the stick doesn't come in a shade that's light enough for me, so that's a bummer, I was loooking forward to it.
I am thrilled! Looks like they made a lighter/yellower shades! I really hope I'll have an exact match now. 110 was too pink for me. I'm sorry if I've missed the date-- does anyone know when these are due to come out!?

NYCBeautyJunkie

Sounds like a good plan. Wow, okay. Guess the chart isn't that accurate then. That said, I know they always suggest a lighter shade in the powder because it oxidises. Maybe it's the same with these?
That's a strong possibility; I didn't test the foundation out yet so it may oxidize.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The foundation is available on Sephora France, but only 25 shades. What's the point in expanding the shade range if we're not getting them here?
girl_devil.gif
The two lightest R shades are missing, but they do have all the light Y ones. Not sure if I'll find a match. R240 could work, but since I usually need the lightest shade there is, I don't know if I should risk it and just order that one. Will wait for swatches.
The price is €2 higher than the old version.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Someone else mentioned it in the Sephora section, but Ultra HD Foundation is now listed on the site (no shades available yet). http://www.sephora.com/ultra-hd-invisible-cover-foundation-P398321?skuId=1708957 Pixiwoo have swatches on their blog... http://www.pixiwoo.com/2015/07/make-up-forever-ultra-hd-foundation.html

v0ltagekid

Hi ladies, I just wanted to drop by and give you a mini update on the new HD foundation
I got a couple of shades as deluxe samples from Sephora with orders I made.
I tested the foundation today, and had to take it off at lunch...

It was sliding off my face (mind you I have dry skin), even the areas that were powdered wouldn't set.
I was wearing my glasses and the area where my glasses sit on my nose was melting off! like not rubbing, but still gooey... so gross.
Not using this foundation again. :/

I am so sad, I have to go get another bottle of mine before they discontinue it.

DILLIGAF

Hi ladies, I just wanted to drop by and give you a mini update on the new HD foundation
I got a couple of shades as deluxe samples from Sephora with orders I made.
I tested the foundation today, and had to take it off at lunch...

It was sliding off my face (mind you I have dry skin), even the areas that were powdered wouldn't set.
I was wearing my glasses and the area where my glasses sit on my nose was melting off! like not rubbing, but still gooey... so gross.
Not using this foundation again. :/

I am so sad, I have to go get another bottle of mine before they discontinue it.
That is so disappointing. I hope you got a bad batch and they didn't take such a step back in what was such an amazing formula.The only reason I don't use the older formula any more is the lack of a good color match for me. I was really hoping to find something new.

Latest posts