Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

v0ltagekid

That is so disappointing. I hope you got a bad batch and they didn't take such a step back in what was such an amazing formula.The only reason I don't use the older formula any more is the lack of a good color match for me. I was really hoping to find something new.
I am beyond disappointed.
I have never removed REMOVED a foundation mid day... like.. I didn't spend all that time blending my contour to remove it lmao...

I hope I got a bad one... :/ I have a second color so I will try that one. It's a little darker but whatever, I'll try it for the formula and report back :/

Alysse011

I am beyond disappointed. I have never removed REMOVED  a foundation mid day... like.. I didn't spend all that time blending my contour to remove it lmao... I hope I got a bad one... :/ I have a second color so I will try that one. It's a little darker but whatever, I'll try it for the formula and report back :/
I was looking forward to trying this foundation, but this isn't the first negative review I've heard on it. I was watching a YouTube review and the person's skin looked fairly awful during a check in about 4-5 hours after initial application. That's a no go for me

DILLIGAF

I was looking forward to trying this foundation, but this isn't the first negative review I've heard on it. I was watching a YouTube review and the person's skin looked fairly awful during a check in about 4-5 hours after initial application. That's a no go for me
What video did you watch?

laurennnxox

I got a sample of this from my local siJCP. They had them all out. Praying I like it-- they actually have a shade match for me!!

v0ltagekid

I had to take mine off three hours later... :/ it was so disgusting...

honey on boost

Hi ladies, I just wanted to drop by and give you a mini update on the new HD foundation
I got a couple of shades as deluxe samples from Sephora with orders I made.
I tested the foundation today, and had to take it off at lunch...

It was sliding off my face (mind you I have dry skin), even the areas that were powdered wouldn't set.
I was wearing my glasses and the area where my glasses sit on my nose was melting off! like not rubbing, but still gooey... so gross.
Not using this foundation again. :/

I am so sad, I have to go get another bottle of mine before they discontinue it.
oh no! I was hoping this was going to be my dream foundation. I recently started using studio fix for the first time in yearsssss and I don't know why I ever stopped using it!

laurennnxox

I wish sephoras carried all the MUFE artist shadows. I really hate ordering them blindly. I want some yellowy/warm matte brown transitions shades and some cranberry and burgundy matte shades too. It seems like they might have them based on the names of some shades... but... eh... ordering blind makes me nervous.

shontay07108

I wish sephoras carried all the MUFE artist shadows. I really hate ordering them blindly. I want some yellowy/warm matte brown transitions shades and some cranberry and burgundy matte shades too. It seems like they might have them based on the names of some shades... but... eh... ordering blind makes me nervous. 
You have to do some digging. I posted a link a few months back with swatches of all the shadows. You can google or look up youtube videos b/c there's a lot of people who have tons of shades. M600, M660, M664,, M726, M738 are brown/transitional type shades that I have and they're good.

laurennnxox

You have to do some digging. I posted a link a few months back with swatches of all the shadows. You can google or look up youtube videos b/c there's a lot of people who have tons of shades. M600, M660, M664,, M726, M738 are brown/transitional type shades that I have and they're good.
Thanks for the tip! I will go hunting for that link and scour google. :) I appreciate it!

Shars

http://www.temptalia.com/make-up-for-ever-be-bold-be-unexpected-be-you-artist-shadow-palettes-for-fall-2015#more-202462

beth583

I've been trying out the mat velvet and it really hasn't been holding up in this nasty heat lately but not alot of others have either

shellygrrl

Staff member
I've been trying out the mat velvet and it really hasn't been holding up in this nasty heat lately but not alot of others have either
Are you setting with powder and/or a setting spray? Either/or, or both, may help with the longevity. * * * On a different note, I got a deluxe sample of Ultra HD with a recent Sephora order, and tried it out today. I got the shade Y225 (117 in the original HD formula), which is a touch too dark for me but blended into my skin very well. (I applied with my fingers.) I'd say the coverage is about light-to-medium. Finish was not luminous but not straight up matte -- satin, I'd say. (That said, I did prime first; I used Hourglass Veil Mineral.) No oxidation all day. A couple hours or so in, my natural oils started peeking through. (I'm oily across the forehead and nose; the rest of my face is pretty balanced.) By the time I went to take off my makeup (around the eight-hour mark), I saw some patchiness on the nose, along with some fading, but not on the rest of my face. I didn't set this with powder, nor did I touch up throughout the day, but I would recommend setting this with powder, if you're oily.

laurennnxox

Thanks for your reply. I had already checked and unfortunately Sephora doesn't List ingredients for this foundation. At least I can't see it.
smiles.gif
Oh! I'm sorry! I should have checked before saying that, lol. Now that I'm home, here is a picture of my box.

Let me know if you can read it (click the photo to make it bigger). If not I can look for it online or type it up for you!

KateH22

Oh! I'm sorry! I should have checked before saying that, lol. Now that I'm home, here is a picture of my box. Let me know if you can read it (click the photo to make it bigger). If not I can look for it online or type it up for you!
Thank you so much for the photo. It's really helpful. Fortunately it doesn't have any ingredients I'm trying to avoid. With so many shades available I hope I can find one that matches and isn't too pink. Although I suspect we'll get fewer shades in Europe. Thank again.

laurennnxox

Thank you so much for the photo. It's really helpful. Fortunately it doesn't have any ingredients I'm trying to avoid. With so many shades available I hope I can find one that matches and isn't too pink. Although I suspect we'll get fewer shades in Europe. Thank again.
You're welcome! I use shade Y205. It's their lightest "Yellow" shade. I don't find it yellow, really. More neutral. But yes the new shade range is really nice! :) Hope you can find your match!

singer82

I wear 117 in the old formula. I need to test the new one. Hope the shade is almost the same cause if it's darker I can't buy it anymore. Which sucks cause it was the closest to my skintone then any I have tried. The Marc Jacobs gel foundation is an amazing match too. But pricy... yikes.
You're welcome! I use shade Y205. It's their lightest "Yellow" shade. I don't find it yellow, really. More neutral. But yes the new shade range is really nice! :) Hope you can find your match! 

Latest posts