Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

ALG still showed in stock just now (well, in other people's carts), but now if I try to click on it, it just goes to the Maintenance page. Oh, who cares, lol?!

Edit: Sorry I should've also said I'm sorry you didn't manage to grab any.
I'm cool with it, as I said I've not exactly been wearing out my F5 key, I'm guessing some have though! I was stunned when I saw it was live, but it was astounding how everything was gone so fast. I don't really see Meimei as a serious option for EP shopping any more - I did get one there last year, but it's all too vague for me, not to mention the impossibility of actually getting them.

Anitacska

I'm cool with it, as I said I've not exactly been wearing out my F5 key, I'm guessing some have though! I was stunned when I saw it was live, but it was astounding how everything was gone so fast. I don't really see Meimei as a serious option for EP shopping any more - I did get one there last year, but it's all too vague for me, not to mention the impossibility of actually getting them.
No, I'm not that fussed either. I think I might as well give up on trying to get the older/exclusive polishes.

Dominique33

Yes we ´ ll see, I am not a huge fan of MAC np, I have 3 but one of them is one of my favorites the Carine Roitfeld " Underfire Red " which is gorgeous. This collaboration sounds good but I still don ´ t know if I may be interested or not, Before that I need to see the collection in person and not simply on a blog. I posted the information because lol it is the NPA thread :)

CartoonChic

I missed the restock because I was helping my daughter this morning. I've been checking off and on mostly for curiosity's sake. The thing I realized about Mei Mei's is that she gets the most exclusive shades out of all the stockists. I think she's had 4 to date, and I'm pretty sure she's going to get more. I just really dislike silent restokes because of how much time they take if you're really going after an exclusive shade.
yucky.gif

Anitacska

How do you like the Picture Polish LEs? I passed on them in my efforts to cut back. Shocking, I know! I've been wondering if they worth me going back to pick up. I don't like the idea of having to layer them over black if that's what I need to do with them.

Hi Anneri!
wavey.gif
I intend to stick around more. Just not as frequently as used to in the past because I'm working on other things, but I'll be popping in from time to time.

Lol! Looks like everyone caught the stamping bug while I was away. Nice manis.

I really like CrowsToes. I know the formula is usually thicker because she doesn't dilute the suspension base. Try Huginn & Muninn. I don't have it yet, but I definitely intend to pick it up. It reminds me of a purple and green version of Indian Summer. Indian Summer is absolutely gorgeous! I couldn't stop staring at my nails when I wore it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

I missed the restock because I was helping my daughter this morning. I've been checking off and on mostly for curiosity's sake. The thing I realized about Mei Mei's is that she gets the most exclusive shades out of all the stockists. I think she's had 4 to date, and I'm pretty sure she's going to get more. I just really dislike silent restokes because of how much time they take if you're really going after an exclusive shade.
yucky.gif
You definitely have to layer the Picture Polish LE shades. But I think they're gorgeous. I've only worn solar Flare so far, but I love it.

What was really weird about the MeiMei restock is that there were still shades in stock and/or being held in carts (ALG was), and then suddenly the page went to the Maintenance screen. So I'm guessing some people might've lost their carts' content. Just don't understand why she closed it down again, when clearly some shades were still in stock. I'd be very mad if that happened to me.

PearlyQueen

Managed to score both UIS and ALG, it seems I literally checked the minute it went live! Talk about being lucky (for once)!
Well done! I just found it now, only shades I either have or don't want, and none of them currently available anyway, UIS is well gone :(

If you don't like it when you see it, bear me in mind (unless I get lucky later of course!).

Anitacska

Well done! I just found it now, only shades I either have or don't want, and none of them currently available anyway, UIS is well gone :(

If you don't like it when you see it, bear me in mind (unless I get lucky later of course!).
Sorry to hear you've missed it again. :( According to FB there was another restock at 4 am or something like that. You never know, there might be another one later today?

PearlyQueen

Sorry to hear you've missed it again. :( According to FB there was another restock at 4 am or something like that. You never know, there might be another one later today?
Not to worry, I'm glad someone I "know" got one! If it pops up on the resale market I might pick it up, depending on price.
For all those interested, she's just said UIS is now completely gone, and if I remember rightly this was the last restock on it.

MRV

Not to worry, I'm glad someone I "know" got one! If it pops up on the resale market I might pick it up, depending on price.
For all those interested, she's just said UIS is now completely gone, and if I remember rightly this was the last restock on it.
Bummer. I was not lucky then.

I will just post my mani and comment later: this is ILNP Sirène

PearlyQueen

Congratulations!

Ugh, I was doing other things and had put my window down. When I remembered to stalk again, they were up! My computer just froze of course, had to close and reopen the window and then I started clicking. By accident I managed to put Bonjour Paris into my cart, but that was it. Well, at least I'll have the whole BCL collection now!

We can console each other! Your mani is just beautiful, I ordered the holo version at the preorder, now I can't wait to see it (but I'll have to, of course!).

Anitacska

Congratulations!

Ugh, I was doing other things and had put my window down. When I remembered to stalk again, they were up! My computer just froze of course, had to close and reopen the window and then I started clicking. By accident I managed to put Bonjour Paris into my cart, but that was it. Well, at least I'll have the whole BCL collection now!

At least you got something. But sorry about UIS. I contemplated getting Afternoon Delight as well, but I decided not to as I'm not that crazy about the colour and there's no point buying it just because it's EP.

Love this ILNP polish, but I too went for the holo version instead. Although I have a feeling that one of the EP Beatles polishes is pretty much the same as the holo Sirene.

I've splurged on a Marc Jacobs nail polish, saw it on Temptalia and just had to have it. It's Oui!, a very pretty magenta. Bit darker and more vibrant irl.

MRV

Yeah, I saw that, sorry. But then again, ALG is a Mei Mei exclusive and has been restocked several times in the past, so UIS might come back at a future date.

At least you got something. But sorry about UIS. I contemplated getting Afternoon Delight as well, but I decided not to as I'm not that crazy about the colour and there's no point buying it just because it's EP.

Love this ILNP polish, but I too went for the holo version instead. Although I have a feeling that one of the EP Beatles polishes is pretty much the same as the holo Sirene.

I've splurged on a Marc Jacobs nail polish, saw it on Temptalia and just had to have it. It's Oui!, a very pretty magenta. Bit darker and more vibrant irl.

Thanks. I think it's even difficult to see what the polishes are when they come up. I was just clicking "which one this is???" !

Maybe I should switch to holo versions, too, or I'll end up buying the same over and over from different brands.

That MJ looks really nice. I hope I can check out that brand.

Anitacska

It seems there was another EP restock on MeiMei in the middle of the night (TTP collection), wonder if she'll do one during the day again today?

MRV

It seems there was another EP restock on MeiMei in the middle of the night (TTP collection), wonder if she'll do one during the day again today?
Who knows. The polishes were up when I opened the site this morning, and they are still showing (SO).

BTW I checked out eBay and the only polishes for sale that I don't have were Presto Magic, All Love Garden, some Castles, and for high prices Once Upon a Cloud, Ballerina Sprinkles, and the Mishkas. So not much there.

Dominique33

Congratulations! Ugh, I was doing other things and had put my window down. When I remembered to stalk again, they were up! My computer just froze of course, had to close and reopen the window and then I started clicking. By accident I managed to put Bonjour Paris into my cart, but that was it. Well, at least I'll have the whole BCL collection now! Bummer. I was not lucky then. I will just post my mani and comment later: this is ILNP Sirène
Gorgeous ! It looks like a peacock´ s feathers, waouh !

Anitacska

Who knows. The polishes were up when I opened the site this morning, and they are still showing (SO).

BTW I checked out eBay and the only polishes for sale that I don't have were Presto Magic, All Love Garden, some Castles, and for high prices Once Upon a Cloud, Ballerina Sprinkles, and the Mishkas. So not much there.
I don't even look at eBay, I refuse to pay the inflated prices on their. No nail polish is that important to me.

My mani, Kiko 401 holo. As luck would have it, by the time the sun came out I managed to break the nail on my index finger. Grrr! It's a lovely colour, but I found the formula a bit challenging, it was very patchy even after 2 coats, although the third one evened it out. It does show all the imperfections on my nails (there are many). Nice holo though.

CartoonChic

Congratulations!

So pretty.