Pet Makeup Peeves

Haven

The foundation line around the chin when the face is 10x darker or lighter than the neck.

Sojourner

*5 coats of mascara that make the lashes look like branches
*Fake tan, too much bronzer, too tanned, everything too-colorful on the skin
*Non blended blush with harsh lines
*Weirdly plucked brows (I see that a lot. If you can't do this, go to a salon to get them done)
*Heavy pasty foundation on problematic skin AND bright blush in the DAYLIGHT.
*Fake nail-acrylic with artwork-sparkles. It's fine for special occasions, but if you do that you'll have your nails like this for weeks. It's inappropriate in my opinion to go to school with something that extreme and obviously fake.
*Over plucked brows
*Anything that doesn't look good on you and yet you wear this because it's in style.
*Bleached dark hair that ends up looking neon yellow. Plus dark eyebrows.
*Weird hairstyle that OBVIOUSLY isn't pretty, but some stylist came up with it and now everybody has to have the same hair.
*It's not makeup but it's about beauty. General hygiene skipping, unshaved parts of body that can be seen, not wearing deodorant, dirty nails, teeth...
*Black arm hairs. Not everybody has to wax their arms, but girl, if your skin is light and your arm hairs are long thick and dark, it's ugly (this one gets a ton of excuses like, no I won't have them waxed because they'll grow thicker. What da???!!! But they already are!!!)
The list goes on.. What I hate the most is girls with no opinion or taste of their own, who would buy or wear anything that's seen in the magazine, doesn't matter if it looks nice on them. Makeup, clothes and hair included.
Ok I feel relieved. I love natural girls, clean, good smelling with nice neutral makeup (or even bold if they do it right and it suits them).
pompom.gif

I won't lie and say that I don't agree with some of those, I mean I definitely look at people sometimes and think 'oh she'd look so much better if she did it another way' but at the same time I think that list is way harsh and the last sentences contradict all that is said before! I mean if people are going to have an opinion or taste of their own like you suggest, then naturally they are going to choose things that they like (maybe overplucked brows, acrylic nails, too much makeup) regardless of whether others think it is 'nice'. Also natural girls do have arm hairs, and the natural look that you describe isn't actually natural but takes a lot of effort. It's like those guys who say they love the 'natural look' but they want to see perfect hair, figure, outfit, skin, soft makeup, basically a lot of effort and not natural, but just natural seeming. Nothing wrong with having that kind of taste but there should be some respect for fun and individuality.