Please Ask All Pro Card and Pro Discount Questions Here

Senoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxykita143
so i tried asking this the other day but i don't think i posted it. i am a freelance make up artist, and what i have available is my business card, pictures of wedding make up i've done with the photographer i usually work with, a blank bridal contract, and also a signed contract a bride is allowing me to send in if need be.

All of this will be fine to submit for the application. Just make sure the bridal contracts look professional because someone said before that they reject contracts that look "home made." If you have a flier with your name on it crediting you as a MUA would be good too but if not, everything you listed above will be ok. I submitted everything you have except for the contracts along with a flier and MU certificate and I got the card. Best wishes!

heavenlydemonik

Re: MAC Pro Comp Card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys-makeup
finally someone who is using a comp card and business card! I know this is silly but I have been debating in sending mine because I have a comp card and business card and I dont know if they will accept my comp card since everyone does them different, also no one seems to use a comp card as part of documents.anyway could you share yours with us and keep us updated as far as if they accepted your documents etc. thanx and good luck!

Hi, I sent in a business card, a composite card and a letter of recommendation from a client and got accepted 4 days after I faxed them in. I don't think my letter of recommendation really counted though because I've heard it needs to be from an employer but I sent just in case. My composite card was for being a make-up artist and it just had a picture of me on the front (with a really well-done face of course) and a little information about me underneath (name, phone number, specialties) and on the back had 3 pictures of make-up I've done.

wetwater

Shipping for ordering from Mac Pro

I wasn't sure whether to put this under the Pro Card thread or not, so feel free to move this if necessary.

My question:
How much is shipping (US) for ordering from Mac Pro? Also, do they ever have discounts on shipping (do the shipping offers from the regular Mac site apply?)

Thanks!

LMD84

Re: Shipping for ordering from Mac Pro

i'm not sure to be honest. however you could always give mac pro a call today if the ordering line is open and see how much they charge. i'm sure it'll be around the same as normal mac orders. although i am sure i read once that if you spend over a certain amount (like $100) you would get free shipping but only for about 5 times a year or something.

theleopard

Hey Girls! Im going to be applying for my mac pro card very soon! And this is what im sending in.

-Business Card
-Certificate that says I know my makeup essentials
-Certificate for Bridal Makeup and Hair
-Contract

I am 16 and Im a freelance makeup artist do you think my age will affect my chances of getting a Mac Pro card? Thank You!

manthanoelle

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to show this to people who understand the severity of O M F G of this email I got earlier... this was the only thread I could think of that would make sense. If anyone has any questions about my application process feel free to ask.

Quote:
Samantha,

Please accept my apology for the delayed response.

Thank you for sending in the approved credentials. We will mail you a new MAKE UP FOR EVER backstage discount card along with our most recent catalog. Once receive you may call us at our NYC Studio Monday through Saturday to place an order.

If you have any questions please call the NYC Studio.

Thanks!

Artist Relations

MAKE UP FOR EVER
8 East 12th Street
New York, NY 10003
Studio: 212 941-9337
Office: 212 925-9548
Fax: 212 925-9561
http://www.makeupforeverpro.com

SnowAngel1106

Getting MAC Pro Card

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but I didn't know where else to put it...

I'm trying to get more information on getting my MAC pro card. I know I've read here that you can get letters written from your clients to turn in as proof of "professional criteria". I've done makeup for the military balls here on island as well as some at home photoshoots for deployed spouses. Has anyone done this and received their pro card? If so, what did the letters say that were turned in? I really want to get my pro card in the next couple of months, I just don't know what to tell my clients to write in the letters. If the letter route doesn't work, what would you recommend based on the type of work I've done?

Any help is much appreciated!

xoxo

MzzRach

Re: Getting MAC Pro Card

We have a thread dedicated to Pro Card questions - you should find lots of info here: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/p...s-here-108401/

winkiss.gif

SnowAngel1106

I'm trying to get more information on getting my MAC pro card. I know I've read here that you can get letters written from your clients to turn in as proof of "professional criteria". I've done makeup for the military balls here on island as well as some at home photoshoots for deployed spouses. Has anyone done this and received their pro card? If so, what did the letters say that were turned in? I really want to get my pro card in the next couple of months, I just don't know what to tell my clients to write in the letters. If the letter route doesn't work, what would you recommend based on the type of work I've done? The only other thing I have right now is a business card lol

Any help is much appreciated!

xoxo

Edit: I made up a contract for a client I'm working with this week...can someone take a look at it for me and let me know if they think it'll work?

SnowAngel1106

Re: Getting MAC Pro Card

I knew there was one! I couldn't find it the day I posted this...lol Thanks for the linky! I just reposted on that thread.

paparazziboy

im a mac new hire im a " 15 hour perm" at my counter so does that qualify me for my pro card automatically ? or do i still have to do the business card composite card etc..

Cyanide.Candy

Renewing MAC Pro Membership?

Hi guys,

My 12 month membership as a MAC Pro Card holder is coming to an end, however I can't quite remember the exact expiry date of my membership.

I was just wondering, do MAC notify you when you're coming close to your expiry date to remind you to renew, or is it tough luck if your card expires and you have to reapply all over again?

How easy is it to renew?

Thanks!

So I have scanned the posts but can anyone tell me how long between seeing their charge on your bank account and getting the card typically takes? TIA

GGBlu

This is more a Pro site question than it is a discount question, but I figured this was the best thread to direct my question to.

I was recently approved for a Pro card and now I'm just waiting for it to show up (so obviously I can't log in to the site at this point in time). I figured in the interim, I would start a list of products on the Pro site that I was considering purchasing. However, they recently changed the site and it looks like you can no longer browse pro only products. If you click on the link for "Pro Products" along the top of the page, then scroll all the way down and click "Go shopping!", it navigates away from the Pro site and takes you directly to maccosmetics.com. I'm happy Pro members can use the discount on the regular site now, but I'm a bit confused.

For those of you who already have Pro cards in your possession, are you able to log in to the Pro site and shop products that way? I'm going to be very disappointed if I can't create shopping lists anymore and have to actually head to the NYC Pro store just to browse!

lara

Re: Renewing MAC Pro Membership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide.Candy
Hi guys,

My 12 month membership as a MAC Pro Card holder is coming to an end, however I can't quite remember the exact expiry date of my membership.

I was just wondering, do MAC notify you when you're coming close to your expiry date to remind you to renew, or is it tough luck if your card expires and you have to reapply all over again?

How easy is it to renew?

Thanks!

Do you have your card? It has the expiration month on the front of the card.

As for renewing, you don't get a reminder but you do have a couple of months flex time to renew. Mine expired in June but I dropped by my nearest Pro store at the end of August and renewed in a couple of minutes. I'm just waiting for a new card now.

xdanielleax

Well I sent in my application on Tuesday to the New York office. I wonder how long it will take to see if I'm approved! The waiting is gonna kill me!!!