Please Ask All Pro Card and Pro Discount Questions Here

xdanielleax

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!
yahoo.gif
I called MAC Pro today and I've been approved! They are going to charge my card and they said I will be receiving the card within 2-3 weeks! I can't wait to start shopping!

sherivero

Hi Everyone. I am a newbie here. This is my first time posting in the forum. I know everyone asks this question but part of what I am looking for has not been answered yet.

I plan on applying for my Pro card. I have filled out the application, I have business cards that say I am a Makeup Artist, and I have a certificate of completion and achievement from a Pro Makeup Artist course that I took that totals 12 hrs of training. The class was given by a professional makeup artist and is signed by her. There were about 40 of us in the class. Will this certificate suffice?

THe M.A.C Pro site says they accept diploma/certificate. I am just worried because my certificate isn't from a school. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.
mac_addict.gif

BeautyByLele

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherivero
Hi Everyone. I am a newbie here. This is my first time posting in the forum. I know everyone asks this question but part of what I am looking for has not been answered yet.

I plan on applying for my Pro card. I have filled out the application, I have business cards that say I am a Makeup Artist, and I have a certificate of completion and achievement from a Pro Makeup Artist course that I took that totals 12 hrs of training. The class was given by a professional makeup artist and is signed by her. There were about 40 of us in the class. Will this certificate suffice?

THe M.A.C Pro site says they accept diploma/certificate. I am just worried because my certificate isn't from a school. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.
mac_addict.gif

I think that would be enough. You could always send "extra" items as well. ie; mua service contract, invoices etc. Just make sure everything looks professional

sherivero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyByLele
I think that would be enough. You could always send "extra" items as well. ie; mua service contract, invoices etc. Just make sure everything looks professional

Okay. I hope I get it : )

Thank you @BeautyByLele
smiles.gif

dewinter

Hi!
I just visit the new http://www.maccosmetics.com/macpro/ site...and I can't find anything!
Im not a pro member so I can't log in BUT isn't it possibe to see what the pro products are (items/colors) without being a member ?
I would be really happy if anyone can please help me. Pls send me a pm.

BoyBaitMadde

I got approved for my card last week. How long does it take before you get an confirmation email
from MAC with your member.nr? I want to S H O P :D !

CellyCell

I applied last year and got denied - kinda mad because I know a girl who got it but doesn't do any form of makeup while I need it just to build up my kit.
I have so much personal makeup, so I just really need it to build up a quality kit. I don't plan on going to cosmetology school until some years from now.

Any advice on a freelancer?
I have a business card, .com website and all - most of my clientele are word of mouth.
I turned in a card and my contract and it got denied...
Help Por Favor!

xoxjulie21xox

I got approved for my card last week. How long does it take before you get an confirmation email
from MAC with your member.nr? I want to S H O P :D !

You should get a confirmation email sometime soon with your Mac account #, and all you have to do is have the store look up your account with your photo ID. I sent my application in on dec 27th. I was approved on Jan 15th, they didnt send me the email with my account number untill jan 24 and i still havent received my card. I have already gone to the MAc store twice and had no problem with them having to look my account up!

Tat2dbeauty07

I placed a MAC Pro Order February 24th my Items arrived March 2nd but my MAC purshase has not cleared my account its been business days since my original purchase its no longer showing pending in my bank account so did MAC charge me or not?

Quote: I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!
yahoo.gif
I called MAC Pro today and I've been approved! They are going to charge my card and they said I will be receiving the card within 2-3 weeks! I can't wait to start shopping!

EEEEEP!! did you just call the mac pro number on the site and just flat out ask them if you were approved!?!? I WANNA CALL AND ASK I CANT WAAAIT! plus how long did you wait to call after you submitted your stuff???

HEY GIRLS! so i literally JUST got off the phone with someone from MAC PRO customer service, just to ask for the status of my application. I mailed my application directly to Toronto from where I live (British Columbia) and he told me that it can take 2-4 weeks for it to get there. He also told me to call back in a week to see if they've received it. So if anyone here is applying from BC there you go! =) Im so freaking impatient i just cant wait haha i've been checking my bank account eerrrryday.

Tatyiona

Attention PRO Members!

I was informed today by a MAC artist that a memo has been sent to all stores informing them to take a members PRO card if they pay with a credit card in someone elses name.

MACForME

Quote:
For those of you who already have Pro cards in your possession, are you able to log in to the Pro site and shop products that way? I'm going to be very disappointed if I can't create shopping lists anymore and have to actually head to the NYC Pro store just to browse!

Yes.. they changed it a few months ago. It takes to you to the MAC Cosmetics site, but ONLY IF you're logged in, can you see and purchase PRO items.

EEEEP! i just checked my bank statement and MAC charged my account! I GOT ACCEPTED YAY!!! i've been waiting 3 weeks and 2 days to find out! now i have to wait even moore for the card to actually get to me now! haha.

PS i live in canada, does anyone know if i can use my pro card in the states? im going to california in 3 weeks and i wanted to get some makeup there.

commandolando

How long did it take from when you sent in your application to when they took the money out of your account? I send in my application on March 30..I wish Canada Post were more efficient!

EEEEP! i just checked my bank statement and MAC charged my account! I GOT ACCEPTED YAY!!! i've been waiting 3 weeks and 2 days to find out! now i have to wait even moore for the card to actually get to me now! haha.

PS i live in canada, does anyone know if i can use my pro card in the states? im going to california in 3 weeks and i wanted to get some makeup there.

Quote: How long did it take from when you sent in your application to when they took the money out of your account? I send in my application on March 30..I wish Canada Post were more efficient!

haha 3 weeks and 2 days...

Has anyone renewed in store, and how long did it take for it to be processed? I lost my reciept, and it looks like my local store hasn't sent my app in. Its already been paid for. I can't order anything online as of now and its kind of annoying.

BeautyByLele

Hey I just renewed @ the end of March and when I called the MAC CS said it usually can take 5-6 weeks to process renewal done via store. He said because most stores dont send them off right away, they usually wait until the have a few apps to send. He told me for future renewal the fastes way is via telephone, so next time I will be doing that. As of right now I cant order anything online either but I do have my recepit so I can make purchases at the store.

The store when you renewed, do the MA know you ( are your cool w/ anyone of them) ???? Maybe they will let you make in store purchases. Also if you paid via credit card maybe you can use your statement as proof you paid so that why you might be able to make in-store purchases..... hth

Has anyone renewed in store, and how long did it take for it to be processed? I lost my reciept, and it looks like my local store hasn't sent my app in. Its already been paid for. I can't order anything online as of now and its kind of annoying.

I called the mac pro number, the cs told me that they should be able to look up my purchase history as proof of my renewal. I called my local store and its like pulling teeth to have them be helpful at all, they said they can't and I told them I just spoke to mac pro.