Porcelain Beauties: Highlighters/ Products to give you that "GLOW"

Little Addict

I haven't used albatross but have used the Nars e/s in Himalayas which is white with a pinkish sheen and that is a great highlighter for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent
Has anyone ried NARS Albatros? I read it's fabulous, but I want porcelain beauties check first
smiles.gif

I am a PPP and I LOVE Albatross. It is a beautiful pale white gold colour and it gives off a nice sheen - no chunks of glitter. This is definitely my favourite highlighter and one of the only I own that is actually light enough in colour to 'highlight'!

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky
I am a PPP and I LOVE Albatross. It is a beautiful pale white gold colour and it gives off a nice sheen - no chunks of glitter. This is definitely my favourite highlighter and one of the only I own that is actually light enough in colour to 'highlight'!

I'm a little lighter than NC15 and I was just going to place a Sephora order anyway for the new U/D e/s and a couple of MUFE liners so I ordered Albatross. It sounds really pretty. I hate chuncky glitter on my face but a nice sheen sounds lovely. Thanks for the recommendation.

innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Addict
I haven't used albatross but have used the Nars e/s in Himalayas which is white with a pinkish sheen and that is a great highlighter for me

ok, thnx, this sounds better for me, because I am cool toned
smiles.gif

does it matter at all that it is an eyeshadow?

edit: and now I see it's not completely white.
I think I will rather try Albatros, hope that gold sheen isn't too obvious.

User38

Besides Albatross for highlighting, I like Perfect Topping MAC, Ethereal Rose (Laura Geller) and for a real cheapo, Glow blush from Cover girl
greengrin.gif

Ggxox

Yes I love Moonriver blush too! I'm also loving Perfect Topping MSF and Porcelain Pink MSF to highlight. Both beautiful.

xoxo

Tahti

I've been trying to get Moon River to work on me as a highlight but FAIL, it either comes up darker than my skin or doesn't show up at all. I've been trying ever since I got it cause I love it so much lol, but to no avail...

However, I've found a solution - drug store frosty white E/S's! I got tired of using up all my Crystal Avalanche so quickly for skin highlight, so I bought some random cheap look-a-like E/S's, and they work! Hurrah! xD Their staying power on eyes it of course crap, but for some reason they adhere to my cheekbones et cetera really well and don't slip...

kathyp

I have dryish skin that makes shiny highlighters look gritty, so on a lark dotted a bit of Maybelline's white concealer on my cheekbones for a nice, creamy highlighter, It's not white really, but a very pale ivory. (I have an example of it next to NW15 in the swatch thread.) Usually I just use this stuff to lighten too dark concealers, but with a light hand it makes a nice highlighter with no sparkle whatsoever.

Dani California

Has anybody tried those complexion enhancers a lot of the companies use? I use the one Elizabeth arden does, called let there be light. Its great on my pale pale skin, gives a very light pinky glow to the face. Lovely under any other skin foundation etc. Also good but a bit dark on me is the Estee lauder spotlight one.

Has anybody tried the YSL teint parfait at all? I like the look of them. And the givenchy version Acti'me skin perfectors? And smashbox do artificial lights? I'm intrigued and love to know if anyones tried them?

xKiKix

grrrr, i brought the sculpt and shape duo from the dsquared collection, but for some reason the highlighter looks nice when swatched on my arm but its practically invisible on the face. i still prefer vanilla pigment above all else.

Ravenciara

So far for me it has been Mac Barbie Pearl Sunshine and Benefit Dandelion that gives me a nice healthy glow, love them!

ButterflyDior77

I'm NC20 , Dark brown hair, green eyes.

I love Benefit's "Ten" Highlight and bronzer duo. The highlighter is really "glow" sheentastic! The bronzer is nice too..It has small shimmer in it so that's good. Nars Orgasm blush gives me a glow too.
Mac's Strobe cream and prep and prime brightens and gives my face a healthy glow.
I've bought Nars Albatross and I think it will be perfect on me .
Too Faced's Candlelight is good sorta like albatross.

I tried Dandelion by Benefit in the store and it didn't show up on me at all. It blended into my skin tone. So I didn't get it.

Macs Dainty MB is nice for a pinky cheek glow.

Benefit's one hot minute is a nice all over bronzing powder that brightens the face and bronzes a tad.

DianAdams

i just got the MAC MSF in By Candlelight, and its amazing!!!! i love how it gives me a real glow, not a shimmery one either. and my face is real red sometimes, so the little bit of brown in it really cools that down. i also really like Benifit High Beam too. I love them both.

bgajon

Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Beige gives the most beautiful glow to my skin (NC 15). Also MSF's in Blonde and By Candle Light.

Nastka

I've bought the NARS duo in Albatross / Orgasm. The blush is lovely and nowhere as shimmery as I thought it would be. Albatross however... too golden, not dewy enough, but it's still good for a subtle, everyday look.

Aside from this, I LOVE Giorgio Armani's Sheer Blush in #10 (for warmer summer days) and #12 (perfect pink, all year around). And my favourite highlighter is (somebody will shoot me for this... I'm sure) Stila's Kitten eyeshadow. It's awesome, so frosty it makes my skin very dewy looking.

xjslx

I'm loving Physician's Formula's new pressed Glow Pearls even more than my MAC msfs at the moment... who could've thought!

Nastka

I'm wearing NARS Albatross at the moment, but it is rather suited for warmer skintones, since there is a golden sheen to it. I'm a little more neutral, even leaning cool when bare faced. I'm really looking forward to the MSF repromotes, since I haven't got even a single one of them.