Porcelain Beauties: Highlighters/ Products to give you that "GLOW"

Septemba

High Beam is lovely! The pigment/shimmer is so finely milled, it doesn't highlight the pores on my cheeks at all and is really easy to blend. A little goes a long way, it's very flattering on my PPP skin.

Lately I've been using Shroom e/s on my cheekbones/apples and I have to say I might even like it more. It's much more subtle and just enough for daytime.

kleigh09

I'm intrigued by all the Revlon Skinlights recommendations. Which color would you recommend? (Then the challenge will be finding it). I'm an NC15/20.

delic1999

Well since I last posted my collection grew quite a bit on the MSF end. I would agree that Soft and Gentle is a nice all over color. It warms up your skin tone nicely!

SweetSweetIrony

Is there any face powder...natural enough to wear over my entire face? I'm super super pale and I love the look of glowing skin, not just highlighted cheeks. But that means it can't be overly shimmery. I have no idea where to start looking.

lilmags816

Soft & Gentle is definitly the way to go
thmbup.gif

Siobhan

My fav's are,
* Benefit's 'high beam', of course,
* Kohl's 'Sheer Veil' in porcelain (Irish Brand),
* The Body Shop's 'Face n' Body' Enhancer..though this may be too gold for some of us,
* No.7's 'High Lights' Illuminating Lotion (The UK and Ireland), and as far as powder's go I like
* Revlon's 'Skin Lights' Illuminating Loose Powder No.1,
* Maybelline's 'Shimmering Loose Powder' (Though this may be too shimmery for some) and a beautiful Blusher that also works as high lighter is Well Dressed (Mac).
One of my all time fav product types is the * MakeupForever's Star Dusts, mainly the White one's with various undertones and some of the paler rose and gold colours, that mix with absolutely everything but can also look beautiful on their own.
* Also finally, Shroom is a beautiful highlighter on any high relief areas too!

Pimpinett

Everyday Minerals Sparkle Beige. I love this stuff - it gives a discreet, but buildable glow without imparting much colour. It looks pale peachy beige in the pot, but goes on lighter, and the shimmer is very finely milled and neutral in tone. I think it would work well on most skin tones.

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSweetIrony
Is there any face powder...natural enough to wear over my entire face? I'm super super pale and I love the look of glowing skin, not just highlighted cheeks. But that means it can't be overly shimmery. I have no idea where to start looking.

Try out MUFE's Shine On, it's got a nice level of shimmer without being overly frosty or glittery.

mdjmsj

I love Soft and Gentle for highlighting-I've also noticed that dusting a bit of Pretty Baby on the applies and higher onto my cheekbones before blush accents them nicely. My favorite product for contouring/highlighting has got to be the Sculpt and Shape Duo in Bone Beige Emphasize. Thank god both shades are avail. from Pro seperately-I'd freak if they were discontinued entirely! NW15, for reference.

jh4200

My favorite is NARS Copacabana. I also like to mix a little vanilla pigment into my foundation - the more pigment, the more shimmer.

Efionawade

I LOVE MAC Paperwhite beauty powder from the pro store, and hyperreal special fx white ( I think that's what it's called) pressed powder~!!

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efionawade
I LOVE MAC Paperwhite beauty powder from the pro store, and hyperreal special fx white ( I think that's what it's called) pressed powder~!!

I want to try Paperwhite but couldn't find reviews. Is it glowy, shimmery or glittery? Can you describe the color?

Efionawade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
I want to try Paperwhite but couldn't find reviews. Is it glowy, shimmery or glittery? Can you describe the color?

It's white like crystal avalanche eyeshadow, shimmery with a bit of glittery-ness to it, and it is just wicked!

FemmeFatale

Quote:

I need to try this! I never heard of it before. The macPRO store steals all my money.

Does anyone have swatches of this? There is nothing i love more than glowy frosty skin!!!
th_DANCE.gif

FemmeFatale

Quote:
It's white like crystal avalanche eyeshadow, shimmery with a bit of glittery-ness to it, and it is just wicked!

NEED THIS!
shockt.gif

I have a gorgeous Calvin Klein highlighter, I don't know if it's still available cos I got it from a clearance sale in a hospital! It's a pale shell pink colour and works brilliantly as a highlighter on bare skin or mixed into liquid foundation to give it a lit-from-within quality. I found BeneFit High Beam too pink and Strobe Cream is too full-on for me, but this is perfect if you want a subtle effect.

I also like BE Clear Radiance dusted on the top of cheekbones or used as a blush.

SparklingWaves

1) Dior Pro Cheeks in Limelight (cream) 2) Dior Flower Blossom (limited edition) 3) MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Petticoat 4) Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer brick 5) Bobbie Brown Peony Shimmer brick 6) Healthy Glow Shimmer Strips Physicians Formula.

I tend to use the Dior Flower Blossom the most.

DSCF5124-2.jpg