Porcelain Beauties: Highlighters/ Products to give you that "GLOW"

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
Has anyone tried the Bobbi Brown new shimmer brick in Platinum Pink or Jemma Kidds Dewy Glow??

I tested the Platinum Pink, but I really didn't dig it. It looked amazing in the case, but I didn't see it highlight at all on me.

Bellagigi

Another Benefit Highbeam user here. I mix it in with my foundation half and half.
I also have been using the pink toned T Leclerc loose powder in Lillium for years. I love the softness it adds. Though it doesn't look like a highlighter it definitely makes my skin glow.

Tahti

I'm not a fan of the Bobbi Brown new shimmer block, just looked like a blush I already have. Looks delicious though, lol.
The only highlighter that works for me is MAC Crystal Avalanche E/S... as a result I've made a major dip in it, and I only bought it like... 2-3 weeks ago? Gah.

glasswillow

I tried Petticoat MSF when it first came out, and it didn't really impress me. "Just another rose colored blush", I thought. But recently, I visited a MAC store that I don't usually frequent and found that they still had a Petticoat tester. It had so little veining that I would almost classify it as a factory mistake. I absolutely fell in love with it. I asked the SA if she would be kind enough to allow me to look at all the Petticoats she had left. She brought out a box of like, 50 at least (I was shocked) and I found a near veinless Petticoat
smiles.gif
It's definitely not dark enough for a blush (on me anyway, NC 20), but it's perfect as a highlighter or to add a little color to my forehead, chin, bridge of my nose, etc. There's almost no rose or gold veining, so it's just a very glowy light pink (like a cooler version of the middle stripes in Blonde MSF)
love.gif

Visual Edge

Anything gold or pinky looks weird on my skin so I look for vanilla frosty highlighters. I've tried many but I constantly go back to artificial light by smashbox which I have a huge bottle of and mixes great with other colors.

Usually, I use it alone along the top of my cheekbones and beneath the arch of my brow but when I'm doing a fun, colorful look, I'll often mix some pigment into it before applying. It works great with a bit of yellow which is more flattering on me than golds and when I make-up my slightly darker sister, I add in a little bit of hot mama blush (similar in color to nars orgasm) for the most beautiful pink highlighter!

KiraC

I just started using NYX's new Highlight & Contour Set, and the highlighter works pretty good for me. It's a liquid, so it requires some blending. It's matte, which I love because shimmer isn't really my thing. Just a nice natural look.

fluffy.gif
I love fluffy.
th_wink3.gif

SweetPink

Oh gosh im sooo gl;ad it isnt just me that finds highlighters tough to find for my PPP-LLL complexion ~ sure the glowy skin-toned ones are 'fairly' easy to find (you know the type that you use ON your cheeks/cheekbones as like a cross between a blush.bronzer/highlighter.....
but a PROPER h/l like you use under your brownbone but for above your cheekbones i find *reeeeeally* tough to find.
so far im susing MAC Sculpt & Shape in the 2nd lightest shade, which is of course 1 shade too dark (arrggghhhhh! it was received in a swap and iv been desperately trying to get a hold of Bone-Beige/Emphasize or just Emphasize on its own ever since!)
I find e/s highlights tough to find for my skintone too
ssad.gif
~ the ever popular Vanilla Pigment looks ridiculous,... the gold shimmer is deeper than my skintone so doesnt 'high'light... it just looks flippin' ridiculous ~ as do a lot of thsese so-called highlighting products with gold reflects./. arrgghhhh! ...
damn being PPP!
angry.gif
smiles.gif

Growing Wings

SweetPink, have you tried using nylon e/s? That's my go to highlight. If that's still too dark,a fairly sheer white shadow works just as well.

I've recently discovered Too Faced Snow Bunny and Pink Leopard bronzers. They have to be used with a light hand, but now that the sun's come out it's nice to look like I have a bit of a sun-touched glow!

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPink
Oh gosh im sooo gl;ad it isnt just me that finds highlighters tough to find for my PPP-LLL complexion ~ sure the glowy skin-toned ones are 'fairly' easy to find (you know the type that you use ON your cheeks/cheekbones as like a cross between a blush.bronzer/highlighter.....
but a PROPER h/l like you use under your brownbone but for above your cheekbones i find *reeeeeally* tough to find.
so far im susing MAC Sculpt & Shape in the 2nd lightest shade, which is of course 1 shade too dark (arrggghhhhh! it was received in a swap and iv been desperately trying to get a hold of Bone-Beige/Emphasize or just Emphasize on its own ever since!)
I find e/s highlights tough to find for my skintone too
ssad.gif
~ the ever popular Vanilla Pigment looks ridiculous,... the gold shimmer is deeper than my skintone so doesnt 'high'light... it just looks flippin' ridiculous ~ as do a lot of thsese so-called highlighting products with gold reflects./. arrgghhhh! ...
damn being PPP!
angry.gif
smiles.gif

Try using a white or cream coloured eye shadow instead. I use next to nothing eyeshadow on my cheeks and it works well.

Buttercup

I found a highlighter I like but it's ridiculously expensive and also hard to find, great! I got a sample of it, it's by Suqqu, a Japanese brand, I think. It's a cream that gives a really subtle glow/illuminating effect, just what I'm after in a highlighter.

Efionawade

MAC SOFT AND GENTLE MSF!! Everyone neeeds to try it it's so nice. Hehe seriously I used it on almost all the grads I did makeup on this season and it looks so so so good on evvvveryone!

proflady

Well, I'm an extreme PPP, and my favorite product to give me a glow isn't a highlighter. It's La Mer translucent loose powder. It has this hint of glowy irridescence, but is totally natural looking. Yes, it costs an arm and a leg, but it gives a super natural every day glow. I adore this powder.

For more traditional highlighters, I love Perfect Topping msf, Becca Nymph or Angel PSP, NARS Copacabana, and Jemma Kidd Rose Gold Highlighting Cream. Yes, I love highlighters.
lol.gif
I also have several blushes with some shimmer to them that make me look glowy -- Chanel JC in Narcisse and Turbulent, and Rock and Republic Call Me blush.

kathyp

I mix a little bit of strobe liquid into Clinique's City Block, which I usually wear under my makeup. Initially I started doing this because City Block leaves a weird, muddy orange tint on my face and I wanted to "lighten it up." (Love the sunscreen, hate the color.) It's pretty subtle, especially when topped with powder, but nice and glowy. Most highlighters make me look like I'm in the midst of a hot flash rather lit from within. This works well.

innocent

Being extremely pale person, I use Givenchy's Mister Light, it's very subtle and beautiful (and very expensive).
For everyday I wear Skinlights, although I like better Revlon's old brick shimmer (I still have one) it's more bright, Skinlights is almost invisible on me.

I am still trying to find a perfect pressed powder highlighter.