Porcelain Beauties: New threads just for us!

xJustgirlie

Why is everyone here like, aah damn I'm so pale..
ssad.gif

Be proud!
I loveee pale skin, I think it's gorgeous. (not discriminating to the ones that have a color, that's also very pretty!)
It's just that it's hard to find a good color match foundation, but once you've found you're HG foundation, I would be soo happy that I'm pale!

lindas1983

I'd an awful moment today when i was out, I'd decided to use clinique's almost make up in fair today as i'd left my normal fondation in my boyfriends house by mistake and i thought i'd be safe with that as it was a light foundation and it did say fair afterall.

Well I put it on at 7am when it was still getting light so the light wasn;t the best but i did blend it well and double check for lines as per usual, then off i went into town. Well on my way home around noon, i had a look in my little compact mirror and there it was, an awful orange/yellow line just under my jaw where my make up stopped, i've never been so embarrassed.

Anyway to the point of my rant, i'm so sick of makeup lines marketing things labled fair that aren't fair at all, i mean i am quite pale which i love, i'd be lighter than nc15 but hell there are alot fairer people out there than me (i'm so jealous of them) and it just is really starting to piss me off that there is nothing really out there for us. I mean I bought the clinique almost makeup on the point that it was sheer so I thought it would be more forgiving and easy to blend out while evening my colouring a bit, but to leave a very clear visible orange/yellow line that was just embarrassing.

Come on make up brands start making real fair make up for real fair people, i can promise you there is a good market for it.

Oh and i'm not just venting about clinique it just that was what I happened to be wearing today, I find this rant seems to be true about most brands. Fair shades are not all the pale and usually always yellow tones which really sucks for us cool complexion girls.

rockinruby

Ah yes, on top of never seeing any sun(that's Scotland, for you) means I'm about as pale as they come. That's okay, though. Embracing your natural shade is best, regardless of skin-tone!

rockinruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindas1983
I'd an awful moment today when i was out, I'd decided to use clinique's almost make up in fair today as i'd left my normal fondation in my boyfriends house by mistake and i thought i'd be safe with that as it was a light foundation and it did say fair afterall.

Well I put it on at 7am when it was still getting light so the light wasn;t the best but i did blend it well and double check for lines as per usual, then off i went into town. Well on my way home around noon, i had a look in my little compact mirror and there it was, an awful orange/yellow line just under my jaw where my make up stopped, i've never been so embarrassed.

Anyway to the point of my rant, i'm so sick of makeup lines marketing things labled fair that aren't fair at all, i mean i am quite pale which i love, i'd be lighter than nc15 but hell there are alot fairer people out there than me (i'm so jealous of them) and it just is really starting to piss me off that there is nothing really out there for us. I mean I bought the clinique almost makeup on the point that it was sheer so I thought it would be more forgiving and easy to blend out while evening my colouring a bit, but to leave a very clear visible orange/yellow line that was just embarrassing.

Come on make up brands start making real fair make up for real fair people, i can promise you there is a good market for it.

Oh and i'm not just venting about clinique it just that was what I happened to be wearing today, I find this rant seems to be true about most brands. Fair shades are not all the pale and usually always yellow tones which really sucks for us cool complexion girls.

There is one I know of aimed at porcelain ladies. 'Dainty Doll'. I've yet to try any of the products myself (so I don't know if it's any good yet), nor do I know if it's sold over in the US but you can certainly get it online.
smiles.gif

vikitty

I'm NW10 and only recently started wearing a bit of TM. MAC Studio Tint in Light is a great match for me. And Skin79 BB Cream Triple+ Function (in the hot pink container) works well too.

Mygreatlove

Hey ladies! Right now I'm using NW15 shades but I've noticed those are too dark and make me look orange
nonono.gif
I tried MUFE Mat Velvet Plus in the lightest shade but I hate the way it applies. I really want to try the foundation from Illamasqua and hope it's the right shade...

Someone on the previous page posted about MUA having a hard time determining your undertones (sorry I forgot your name) Anyways, I'm like you. I have alot of redness in my cheeks and I've been matched to NW shades but I'm wondering if all this time that could be wrong. It's so hard for me to tell my own undertones
ssad.gif

vikitty

Gossmakeupartist on YouTube has a fantastic tutorial about how to find your true undertone. I guess a lot of people see red in their face and assume they're cool-toned.

Mygreatlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikitty
Gossmakeupartist on YouTube has a fantastic tutorial about how to find your true undertone. I guess a lot of people see red in their face and assume they're cool-toned.

Ah thanks! I'm gonna go look that up now.

PinkBasset

Redness on cheeks does not mean that your undertones are pink. More likely you might be better off with NC (yellow based) or neutral shades.
smiles.gif

martiangurll

Hi folks, I am Chrissy and I am a NW20 most of the time, NW15 in the winter. I also have the rosacea thing going on, which means I have very pink cheeks and nose--have to cover that with mineral makeup. I can't wear most bronzers--they look like I have dirty cheeks and most MSF look ridiculous on me. I don't glow in the dark though!

I am definitely melatonin-challenged! I like the term PPP (Pale, porcelain princess)