Porcelain Beauties: New threads just for us!

claresauntie

Thought we could start some threads just for us, to show how much interest we really have in a new forum that specializes in cosmetics concerns for :arrow: Women of No Color.

So, to really emphasize it,
th_thdeadea.gif
maybe we could preface any thread titles with "Porcelain Beauties" or something of that nature, to show we mean business!?
th_thdeadea.gif

Anyway, we sort of handled this in the other thread, but let's do it properly: Introductions, please!

I'm Claresauntie, better known as Jen. I'm an NW15 on a tan day, with dark brown hair (this week) and hazel-brown eyes. I am the proud mommy of a little porcelain angel named Ara who, at only 5 months old, gives us a run for our money with her gorgeous fair skin!

I love being fair-skinned, but admit to wishing I had a little more pigmentation on my legs. My friends have joked that they get much better tans around me at the beach, because I reflect all of the light back onto them!
rofl.gif

Anyway, hope this forum idea really takes off!!!
encore.gif

ChynaSkye

FAB!! Ty for promoting the idea, I am so glad that all the gals here are so supportive!

I am ChynaSkye & I am pigmently challanged...

Hehe... Ive been with MAC now for 5 years and counting, love the line and what it does for every age, race, gender. MY biggest desire for the line is to add in fairer tones for gals like us that need coverage over the thin skin that we were born with.

When I began with MAC I was thrilled that they had foundations for everyone and other makeup colors to die for! I started as an artist 14 years ago and always was disappointed in what there was to offer and MAC solved that problem. About a year after I began with the line they stopped carrying many shades including the "W" shades which covered the palest shades I had seen anywhere that were not goth white. (along with the fair shades many deeper tones were done away with too which still to this day cause MAC lovers to other lines for their foundations).

But I still love MAC and I always will... i just need me some veinless skin! LMAO
rofl.gif
clap.gif

sharyn

yaay !!

ChynaSky, is "pigmently challenged" PC for pale?!
lol.gif

Hi everybody, I am Sharyn and I have very fair skin (NC 15 still too dark), platinum blonde hair and green eyes. I have a bit of a rosacea (is that the right word??); it's not that bad but I still need camouflage or at least a make up with good coverage.
To me, it is hard to find shades of e/s or lippies that dont look like I just fell in my mom's make up case, as someone said in the suggestions forum, a light hand application can be waaaay to much with skin like this.... I also have veins that show through on all of my body - well I cant change it so I learned to live with it.
smiles.gif

I cant wait too see more of you porcelain beautys!!

redambition

hi, my name is redambition and i am pale
smiles.gif
my red head genes may or may not have something to do with this.

i have had little to no luck with foundations etc until i found MAC. Luckily i match NC15 in studio tech and select SPF (until recently i thought NC15 select SPF was too pale... but i've been proven wrong.) i use NW15 powder to finish as my skin is fairly neutral.

I too have veins, some that show on my face and lots that show on my body
ssad.gif
i'm learning to live with it.

buying makeup can be so hit and miss. foundations and concealers are a pain to buy, and buying blushes is not fun. i have a couple of powder blushes that i can only carry off if i apply with a very light hand. it's no fun getting to work and realising that you've applied too much in the morning half light!
lol.gif

medusalox

Hi!
this just reminds me. I used to run the stage crew for my highschools theater (this was 4 years ago or so),and we were doing a full run-through. At one part, I had to help carry a part of the set out onto the stage, in near darkness, except for a few dim lights. As I'm going across with a table, the director yells at me "Rita, seriously! Stop GLOWING in the dark!"

hehe, pale skin is really reflective! Anyways, I'm NW15 (red hair, blue eyes!). I used to want to tan a bit, and I actually did make it up to NW20 this past summer, but now I'm really quite proud of being pale as all get out! I'm hoarding anything with SPF in it!
greengrin.gif

inlucesco

Add me to your list of ghost-white people. I was so happy to find that MAC makes pale, warm-toned foundations - it was next to impossible to find something to suit me in the drugstore! (I'm an NC 15 or C2, depending on the foundation.)

Ethel

MUFE has two really pale foundations. #2 Porcelain is pink and cool toned. #20 Ivory is yellow and warmed toned. I highly recommend giving that a try.

JULIA

I haven't tried any MAC foundations. Although I am an Ivory 104 (lightest one they have) when it comes to Mary Kay foundation. I am extremely pale and my dark hair makes me look white. I desperately want to tan, I really want some colour on me...but I am sensitive to the sun and I really don't want to go to a salon. I am stuck!

NikkiHorror

Hi beauties! I'm Nikki, an inbetweener of NC15 and NW15 with a bit of roscea. ( I'm more than half irish, so I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it.) My natural haircolor is strawberry blonde, and I got my brown eyes from both parents. I've always been really fair skinned.

One time, a couple of my friends and I were walking along the street at around 8pm, when Big EZ (the notorious jokester around campus) runs up to me and proceeds to cover me with his jacket as I'm walking. "What are doing, EZ???" I asked him. "If I don't cover you, you might get a moonburn!" Gahhh what a fool.

I used to try to use self-tanners in middle school, but would always turn out super orange and smelly, lol. I knew I couldn't go bake because I might end up with skin cancer! Finally my mom talked me into loving my alabaster skin. I wouldn't change it for the world
smiles.gif
I actually try to make myself more milky-white every chance I get! Milkbaths work wonders, and keeping out of the sun is imperative.

My favorite part of being pale? I love being able to rock insanely bright makeup colors!

meagannn

cute idea y'all
smiles.gif

my name is Meagan... I am 21, pale skin, blue eyes, dark blonde/highlighted hair. I have been a makeup lover for YEARS, ever since 5th grade i've been hooked- mom only let me wear clear mascara and a little blush and pink lipgloss- but since then i've been all over makeup. I had always lusted over the highend makeup in Dillards during college but couldn't understand how anyone could afford to pay $14 for an eyeshadow! But i lusted and lusted and eventually was one of those girls who afforded $14 for an eyeshadow. I absolutely love MAC (well, except their foundations)
The only foundations I have found that are closeenough matches for my pale pale skin are BE in Fair (with a very light hand) and prescriptives virtual skin in Camillia. I'm hoping there are more matches for meout there, but as I live in the middle of nowhere (Amarillo, Texas yeehaw) the odds are against me that i'll have access to it anytime soon.

this is a great idea, lets get it started WOOHOO!

Kimberleigh

Hi, Kimberleigh here. I'm an NW20 (when I use MAC foundation which is rare) and I'm ivory when I use clinique (which is my main foundation)...is that too dark to join the PC club? I have blonde hair, green eyes, and rosacea thanks to my Scottish heritage. Yay!

I've given up on tanning, and I'm learning to embrace my freckles and pale white skin!

Greta

Hi, I am Greta. I am brown-eyed and my hair is brown too, but since I dye it with Henna, it turns out a reddish dark-brown. My complexion is neither warm, nor really cool and both of the lightest MAC-shades are still too dark for me. My skin tends to be oily. At the moment, I am trying out mineral foundation (Geografx, the shades Bermuda and Palma). I also use Ellen Betrix Soft Resistance 01 and mix it with white liquid foundation from Stargazer - but it's definitely not comfortable to do that every morning.

Esperanza

Hi Porcelain beauties, Esperanza here. Tough I'm of Spanish & Italian origins, I'm not tan at ALL. See my FOTD to have the proof
smiles.gif

I'm brown-eyed and got brown hair as well and I think I must have somewhat of a ghostly origin...

I always had nice nicknames like Morticia or Wednesday Adams (when I was younger I use to put my hair in plaits). But that was ok for me, I've given up tanning since a long time and I like to be pale... ooops sorry, I like to have a porcelain skin
thmbup.gif

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
... I like to be pale... ooops sorry, I like to have a porcelain skin
thmbup.gif

I say "pale", too or "melanin challenged".
th_wink3.gif

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
I say "pale", too or "melanin challenged".
th_wink3.gif

That rocks: "melanin challenged"
lol.gif
:thumbsup:

Sonya Adams

Hi everyone... I'm Sonya! I, too, am pigmentation challenged. LOL

On a good day in the winter, I'm NC15 to NW15 (Irish girl with red hair and green eyes). In the summer, depending on exposure, I MIGHT get up to a 25. I don't usually use MAC foundations/powders though, I stick with neutrogena clean tint in palest ivory. It just seems to work best for me.

My family loves to joke that I go from "Casper the friendly Ghost" to "Sebastian the Lobster" in about 5 minutes flat. The sad part is, when I'm not wearing sunscreen, they're correct. No sun allergies, just translucent skin that burns really easily, so I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible to retain my "ghostly" appearance.
greengrin.gif

kimmy

i'm Kim, and i'm...pretty pale. NC/NW15 depending on the time of season. i used to be really tan, until i shut myself up in my bedroom, only to come out for night activities, for the past 5 years.
smiles.gif

Latest posts