Question about IMATS, Pasadena 2009.

Cutetoughgirl

When I was there they were giving applications I did not see them handing any cards out. I was asked if i had one as they were going to give me a application if I didn't. So I am pretty sure they weren't giving them out because my friend who was with me and is not a makeup aritist would've been all over that!!!!!

boudoirblonde

Maybe its because you no longer need creditation to enter IMATS. You used to "have to", but apparently they never checked

color_lover456

i really want to know about this as well... i am debating whether or not to book a $400 hotel for the show, and NEED to know whether or not i can get the card.

i do a lot of makeup on other people but they pay me nominal amounts of money and i never have them sign contracts...

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
i really want to know about this as well... i am debating whether or not to book a $400 hotel for the show, and NEED to know whether or not i can get the card.

i do a lot of makeup on other people but they pay me nominal amounts of money and i never have them sign contracts...

You could probably find cheaper places to stay at like a motel or a cheaper hotel cuz $400 sounds pretty crazy.

I saw videos youtube about the IMATs and how they were letting anyone get MAC Pro cards there without any credentials. I don't know exactly how that would work but that's what I've been hearing.

L1LMAMAJ

dammit i missed the presale and now i have to pay more at the door.
ssad.gif

ksanayy

i was wondering whats the difference between the 15 dollars ticket and 35 dollar ticket admission for one day?

PinkHearts2314

The $15 is just for the exhibit floor to buy the products whereas the $35 ticket is for classes and speakers along with the exhibit floor. If you're just looking to buy makeup go for the cheaper ticket. If you want to learn from different artists and purchase products, get the $35 ticket, it's worth it.

L1LMAMAJ

i'm really hoping we can do a mini specktra meet up at the imats because frankly, none of my friends are willing to spend a day looking at makeup with me. they don't care about makeup. =\

myzleelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
dammit i missed the presale and now i have to pay more at the door.
ssad.gif

they r preselling tickets until 6/11 i just bought me and my cousins tickets on friday (allday $65, both days).
th_DANCE.gif

If u buy your tickets before 6/5 they will be mailed to you via ups ($10) but if u buy them after 6/5 u have to pick them up at will call. no tickets will be sold afteer 6/11 you will have to pay at the door...hth

IMATS Los Angeles 2009

Ambonee

I'm going!! I'll be there with my mama and a few make-up friends/fanatics!
winks.gif
I cant wait! But if you see me, don't be afraid to say hi!

yes,
mac_addict.gif

cosmo_girl

This will be my first time going. My husband is coming along. I'm excited!
yes.gif

Forgot to ask, anyone have any suggestions on a hotel/motel thats cheap but decent?

myzleelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambonee
I'm going!! I'll be there with my mama and a few make-up friends/fanatics!
winks.gif
I cant wait! But if you see me, don't be afraid to say hi!

yes,
mac_addict.gif

I sure will say hello....i'm sending u a myspace request

L1LMAMAJ

should i drag my bf along!? this is SO sad but i can't find anyone that would wanna pay the price and go with me!! SO SAD. i need more girl friends!

genduk26

to those of u who went, did u get a good deal? how much did u spend? how much money i should bring?
this is my 1st time going to the show & i'm making HUGE list.

PinkHearts2314

Ooo I wanna know too! I have a rough estimate on what to bring from watching vids on youtube but its so frustrating when the people making the videos don't give prices. Anyone know if will call is open before the show or at the same time?

aeni

I'll be there both days competing in both the Fashion and FX competitions.

Make a budget and figure out what you want to buy before going. Go online and find out how much something is worth. No guarantees if that company will have a discount at IMATS. Have an extra $100 or something like that for just in case. Need more money? Some vendors take credit cards and there's ATMs across the street. Cash normally gives you a little more bargaining room with some vendors (but not MAC, MUFE, PPI among a few) but please realize you may piss off those vendors as they're feeling the economy crunch too. IMATS is the most expensive makeup show to be a vendor at - some may break even this year.

Will Call's open before and during the show.

myzleelee

i recieved my tickets day before yesterday and they are attached to a "note" that says, "... wristbands MUST be worn at all times onn the wrist, not carried or cut off. For a 2 day ticket, the SAME wristband MUST be worn for both SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. if you lose or cut off your wristband, you must purchase a new ticket to re-enter the show....tickets are non-refudable..."

after reading this i was like, well damn i hope these damn wristbands WATER PROOF??? because i am going to take a bath when i get back to my room.
th_confused_new.gif