Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anitacska

Yeah, and cute!
girlhaha.gif

Quite a lot of famous people live around here, Cliff Richard lives in St George's Hill in Weybridge which is just next door, also somebody said they saw Jodie Marsh in Sainsbury's in my town and someone I knew used to go to the same gym as Keira Knightly. :)

oh awesome! he is a wonderful actor!

Eleentje

OMG, lol, I had a crush on Orlando Bloom ever since his elf days, :)

But I can imagine that the place is going to be like hell, full of overly excited fans? I wouldn't want to put my bf through this!

LMD84

OMG, lol, I had a crush on Orlando Bloom ever since his elf days, :)

But I can imagine that the place is going to be like hell, full of overly excited fans? I wouldn't want to put my bf through this!
lol! yeah i doubt there will be many males buying the perfume! it will all be ladies!

Eleentje

Yup, the girl looks like she wants to kill some people.
Probably cos someone has just shaved her eyebrows off :)

LMD84

lol! yeah i don't think it gives the right impression really! it is very zombie surfer than cute surfer! but it gives us a giggle.... or a nightmare!

Anitacska

Hahaha, that's very good!
th_roll1.gif

To be honest, I usually find Mac promo images quite ugly anyway, unlike Guerlain ones, I always drool over how pretty Natalia Vodianova looks.

Yup, the girl looks like she wants to kill some people.
Probably cos someone has just shaved her eyebrows off :)

LMD84

have you guys seen that new mufe promo image where it hasn't been photoshopped? i think the model looks beautiful in that and also it is fantastic that they would do a campaign like that :) more companies need to do this!

Eleentje

I really liked Mac's TTB promo images! The models were pretty and didn't look like aliens :)
Do you have a link to the MUFE ad, Lou?

rockin

I liked the TTB promo pics too. They actually said beach and summertime to me.

It would be great if more companies could be honest and use unretouched pictures for makeup ads. What's the point in showing us what the product is not, rather than what it is? I've always hated the mascara ads where they use false lashes.

LMD84

I liked the TTB promo pics too. They actually said beach and summertime to me.

It would be great if more companies could be honest and use unretouched pictures for makeup ads. What's the point in showing us what the product is not, rather than what it is? I've always hated the mascara ads where they use false lashes.
yeah mascara ads are the worst! as a teenager i actually thought my lashes would look like the advert. and i spent lots of money (well £7 at the time was lots!) on a mascara by boujous and it did not live up to my expectations! i was so dissapointed that i had just wasted my money!

Eleentje

Wow, this is great. The girl is really pretty! I mean yeah, you can see uneven bits on her arm, which would have been normally retouched out, but it is not in any way distracting. I would actually buy this foundation, just cos they're being honest, plus it looks nice, slightly dewy, but not ott dewy.

I feel like writing out a massive thanks e-mail to MUFE :)

LMD84

Wow, this is great. The girl is really pretty! I mean yeah, you can see uneven bits on her arm, which would have been normally retouched out, but it is not in any way distracting. I would actually buy this foundation, just cos they're being honest, plus it looks nice, slightly dewy, but not ott dewy.

I feel like writing out a massive thanks e-mail to MUFE :)
exactly! mufe have got it spot on for this promo!! :)

angi

yeah mascara ads are the worst! as a teenager i actually thought my lashes would look like the advert. and i spent lots of money (well £7 at the time was lots!) on a mascara by boujous and it did not live up to my expectations! i was so dissapointed that i had just wasted my money!
Completely agree - that mascara small print 'filmed with lash inserts, enhanced in post production' gets me every time.... So basically they're telling me that NOTHING I'm seeing is as a result of the product?! I'm sure in other fields that would be considered fraud!

That MUFE ad looks great, it would be lovely to see more ads like it.

LMD84

exactly!! at my work if i showed amazing things but then mentioned on the receipt that what they have bought isn't what i showed them it would be miss-selling and therefore against the law! not cool!

Alisha1

exactly!! at my work if i showed amazing things but then mentioned on the receipt that what they have bought isn't what i showed them it would be miss-selling and therefore against the law! not cool!
I can't believe that after so many years of playing the same con they haven't banned misleading adverts! :mad: I never pay attention to adverts as such anyways just because I know 99.9% of the time they have been retouched :/

LMD84

yeah that is why i only go by pictures on real people. even some eye shadows have been touched up on certain adverts. when i swatched them in store they were nowhere near as pigmented as they were in the ad!

Status
Not open for further replies.