Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anitacska

Yeah, like the new Rimmel eyeshadow quads. The adverts have this amazing vibrant pinky purple shade on the model as liner, but in real life it's much darker purple, less vibrant and not very pigmented. That's why I hardly buy any cheap eyeshadows anymore, expect Sleek and 17, those are really good.

yeah that is why i only go by pictures on real people. even some eye shadows have been touched up on certain adverts. when i swatched them in store they were nowhere near as pigmented as they were in the ad!

Eleentje

Yeah, mascara ads are the worst.
The whole lying thing in the ads is why beauty blogs are so popular these days. We just want to know what the product really does!

LMD84

Yeah, mascara ads are the worst.
The whole lying thing in the ads is why beauty blogs are so popular these days. We just want to know what the product really does!
exactly. that is why i love bloggers and sites like this where people spend time sharing their thoughts on products. so many times i have nearly bought a dud until somebody has mentioned what it is really like!

Alisha1

I love 17 eyeshadows!
heart.gif

Alisha1

Need to check out Sleek eyeshadows...yeah I usually hate spending loads on eyeshadows as I rarely wear them..its good to know there are cheaper alternatives!

LMD84

Need to check out Sleek eyeshadows...yeah I usually hate spending loads on eyeshadows as I rarely wear them..its good to know there are cheaper alternatives!
oh yeah there are cheap versions if you know where to look. nyx are very cheap but still good quality too.

seabird

the mua range in superdrug also produce amazing eyeshadows (£1 a piece) and they're SO pigmented and buttery. the same company also produce for the accessorize range also stocked in superdrug, so due to fancy packaging the accessorize ones are a little more expensive but the same fabulous quality.

LMD84

the mua range in superdrug also produce amazing eyeshadows (£1 a piece) and they're SO pigmented and buttery. the same company also produce for the accessorize range also stocked in superdrug, so due to fancy packaging the accessorize ones are a little more expensive but the same fabulous quality.
oh i actually have a few of their glitter liners! and yes they are very good. a couple of the colours i tried were kinda sparse on the glitter but the 5 i got are great and just as good as the mac glitter liners.

Alisha1

I love the accesserize makeup - esp the nail polishes
heart.gif

Anitacska

Just to let you know, Debenhams is offering 10% if you buy 2 or more beauty products, plus standard free delivery! I've just ordered Lucky Green (pro pan) and Illamasqua Glisten eyeliner.

Vixstar

Definitely agreeing with the 17 eyeshadows - some of their single eyeshadows are my staples. I'm absolutely loving 'Statuesque' at the moment - and for depth of colour and staying power it comes close to a lot of the MAC pigments I've tried. Also, a lot of their eyeshadows stay on well even without primer (some mornings mean I've got enough time for a swipe of eyeshadow, quick comb of mascara and then flee for the door!). Much kudos.

Collection 2000 glitter eyeliners are a bit of a favourite too - nice and solid. I'll have to do pictures of those sometime soon. (*puts it on the list*)

What does anyone think of the Gosh range from Superdrug? I tried one of their 'Extreme Art Eye Liners' the other day (lots of them are half price at the moment, btw) - I tried the bright green (23) - good colour, and lasted all day and night very well, much like the Liquidlast that they're clearly trying to resemble. They have one that looks a lot like Powerplum (I love the colour of PP but the consistency still irks me no end) - I'll do a swatch test soon, let me know if you'd like to see.

LMD84

Definitely agreeing with the 17 eyeshadows - some of their single eyeshadows are my staples. I'm absolutely loving 'Statuesque' at the moment - and for depth of colour and staying power it comes close to a lot of the MAC pigments I've tried. Also, a lot of their eyeshadows stay on well even without primer (some mornings mean I've got enough time for a swipe of eyeshadow, quick comb of mascara and then flee for the door!). Much kudos.

Collection 2000 glitter eyeliners are a bit of a favourite too - nice and solid. I'll have to do pictures of those sometime soon. (*puts it on the list*)

What does anyone think of the Gosh range from Superdrug? I tried one of their 'Extreme Art Eye Liners' the other day (lots of them are half price at the moment, btw) - I tried the bright green (23) - good colour, and lasted all day and night very well, much like the Liquidlast that they're clearly trying to resemble. They have one that looks a lot like Powerplum (I love the colour of PP but the consistency still irks me no end) - I'll do a swatch test soon, let me know if you'd like to see.
oh i have a collection 200 liner in le freak and that is an awesome blue glitter! very nice and lots of glitter comes out which is great. i have tried gosh pigments but i haven't tried the liners! i shall look into it! i always like cheaper alternatives! and i also should mention the 17 loose shadows. they are really nice. a little bit sparkly but good for nights out :)

LisaOrestea

I LOOOOOVE accesorize nail polishes. They are amazing!

I really like the GOSH liquid eyeliners but the pencil eyeliners are nowhere near as good quality.

banana1234

i have a green and turquoise liquid liner from gosh and they're great

i love the collection 2000 glitter liners, but i dont like the brushes, too thick, i have to dip my own in there

Status
Not open for further replies.