RiRi Hearts MAC Fall Collection (October 3, 2013)

liba

Tried it! Over Toxic Tale and Electro...it doesnt look very nice! I mean the fun of a bright lipstick is to be bright right:p I have also about 10 other dazzleglasses. I find them too glittery. I love smokey eyes..frosty colors, higighters.I just can't add a dazzleglass on top of that.
I like to use those style black glosses over colors that are already a little deep - they look fantastic over something like Runaway Red. They will make your lipstick color turn grey if the original color has too much pastel white in it, so they work better with things that don't have any white in them. If you've got a gold lipstick, they look amazing over that sort of thing too.

Also, dazzleglasses look really nice with a smokey eye if you just wear them on their own, so they're sort of sheer, but I'll admit, I was always really picky with those and only have 2 or 3.

liba

ya and she wasnt shaved lol
oh my lol!! Well, now…that's not quite as bad as my imagination was concocting, but i don't need to see any more of that than i'm already familiar with
sweatdrop.gif

who the heck thought up calling that file razzledazzler.jpg or whatever
girlhaha.gif

Innatchka

Hmmm... Do powders expire? Like blushes/eyeshadows?
Not really I think! The surface could get a little hard..but you can scrape it off. I dont think germs can survive long in very dry places. But the powder could go down in quality and maybe not as nice and blendable eventually

Innatchka

I like to use those style black glosses over colors that are already a little deep - they look fantastic over something like Runaway Red. They will make your lipstick color turn grey if the original color has too much pastel white in it, so they work better with things that don't have any white in them. If you've got a gold lipstick, they look amazing over that sort of thing too. Also, dazzleglasses look really nice with a smokey eye if you just wear them on their own, so they're sort of sheer, but I'll admit, I was always really picky with those and only have 2 or 3.
True! I love deep purple/wine colours. I guess if you really try you can play and experiment more with your makeup:)

erine1881

Hmmm... Do powders expire? Like blushes/eyeshadows?
Not really I think! The surface could get a little hard..but you can scrape it off. I dont think germs can survive long in very dry places. But the powder could go down in quality and maybe not as nice and blendable eventually
You're right Innatchka. Oilsmfrom the skin will transfer from the brush to the surface of the powder, which will cause a film to form on the surface, but this can be scraped off. But powders do not expire as bacteria doesnot grow in dry environments. However, when any form of liquids such as water, MMs, fix+, 70% rubbing alcohol, etc, are introduced into the powder, bacteria starts to grow, and your powder can then begin to spoil. Once that happens they're no longer safe to use and should be theown away. This is why no pressedmpowder should be used wet directly from the pan.

Tahlia

That's what I thought too. I read on a blog that they do so I was confused but I like the idea of scraping the surface lol lord knows it will take years to finish my goods and I'm too in love with my makeup to throw any out :(

sheROCKS

Ew. Ew. Ew. That R looks ridiculous on the packaging..the heck were they thinking?! Is that her logo or something? Ewwww.....they need new package designers then...Ew. The colors so far are.....I'm not impressed. Hopefully the other colors look better.

Tahlia

You're right Innatchka. Oilsmfrom the skin will transfer from the brush to the surface of the powder, which will cause a film to form on the surface, but this can be scraped off. But powders do not expire as bacteria doesnot grow in dry environments. However, when any form of liquids such as water, MMs, fix+, 70% rubbing alcohol, etc, are introduced into the powder, bacteria starts to grow, and your powder can then begin to spoil. Once that happens they're no longer safe to use and should be theown away. This is why no pressedmpowder should be used wet directly from the pan.
That makes sense :) mine will be fine then. Thanks Erine & Innatchka :)

TwistedFaith

I haven't had a problem with any of my lipsticks expiring or going bad (yet!). The oldest MAC lipstick I have is from the Barbie collection, Modern Ms, and it still works and smells fine. I have a lot of lipsticks that are five years old and still in good condition. The only problem is that there are some colors I will never really like and therefore don't get a lot of use out of them. I hate the feeling if letting them go to waste. I have had a problem with some lip glasses going bad, some fairly fast, maybe within a years time. But I tend to use them up more quickly as well.

TwistedFaith

On the subject of glimmer glasses, I don't use mine nearly enough, but I did one time fill my lips with Embrace Me l/l (this was before the lipstick came out) and applied the glass with the pink sparkles; turned out to be a pretty, sultry combo! Toned down the pink a notch, but made the color richer & more dimensional...a nice "juicy" look!

Innatchka

I haven't had a problem with any of my lipsticks expiring or going bad (yet!). The oldest MAC lipstick I have is from the Barbie collection, Modern Ms, and it still works and smells fine. I have a lot of lipsticks that are five years old and still in good condition. The only problem is that there are some colors I will never really like and therefore don't get a lot of use out of them. I hate the feeling if letting them go to waste. I have had a problem with some lip glasses going bad, some fairly fast, maybe within a years time. But I tend to use them up more quickly as well.
Thats great! Lipsticks have never been a problem for me either! But lipglasses have, have many LE ones wasting! Maybe its an idea to empty them..wash them out or something and just keep the packaging:) Take a few pictures/swatches to remember them by;) But most important..noy yo forget why you did not like them! So you won't make the same mistake again.

Innatchka

Thanx Erine! Nice to hear from a pro. Good thing about Fix+ Because its closed off..it doesnt mean that bacteria cant get in! Everytime you spray it, air gets in and there is Iots of condensation going on. I have mine for four years. I only use it to clean my brushes in between applications now. Btw..I thought alcohol is always used when pressing powders? And isnt alcohol suppossed to kill bacteria?

josephine90

I did spray some 90% alcohol a few times on one of my blush as some of my friends used it when we were getting ready for an event, does that mean its more prone to bacteria now?

LavenderPearl

Thats great! Lipsticks have never been a problem for me either! But lipglasses have, have many LE ones wasting! Maybe its an idea to empty them..wash them out or something and just keep the packaging:) Take a few pictures/swatches to remember them by;) But most important..noy yo forget why you did not like them! So you won't make the same mistake again.
I don't know if it's just my personal weird thoughts or not, but I feel like the way you store lipgloss has an effect on how quickly it goes bad? My glosses all lay down or on their "sides" I guess, and to me it seems like they start to go off because the product pools on one side and separates. I don't know how true that is though.

erine1881

Thanx Erine! Nice to hear from a pro. Good thing about Fix+ Because its closed off..it doesnt mean that bacteria cant get in! Everytime you spray it, air gets in and there is Iots of condensation going on. I have mine for four years. I only use it to clean my brushes in between applications now. Btw..I thought alcohol is always used when pressing powders? And isnt alcohol suppossed to kill bacteria?
I did spray some 90% alcohol a few times on one of my blush as some of my friends used it when we were getting ready for an event, does that mean its more prone to bacteria now?
When repressing shadows, 99% alcohol should always be used. 70% alcohol has 30% water, which remains in the powder when the alcohol evaporates, causing bacteria to grow. Alcohol kills bacteria on the surface, and is meant to be wiped off. If you spray the surface of something and not wipe it down, the alcohol will kill the germs and evaporate, but the remaining water will promote germ regrowth.
I don't know if it's just my personal weird thoughts or not, but I feel like the way you store lipgloss has an effect on how quickly it goes bad? My glosses all lay down or on their "sides" I guess, and to me it seems like they start to go off because the product pools on one side and separates. I don't know how true that is though.
Gloss will separate whether it's standing upright or laying sideways.

Addict4MAC

So in theory, if you spray your brush with fix + then dip into the powder, then you are introducing the powder to bacteria? And we should spray the product with alcohol and wipe it down when we're done? I'm sorry if its a dumb question...I just wanna know because I plan on using my pressed pigments wet and may have to double dip or so.

liba

So in theory, if you spray your brush with fix + then dip into the powder, then you are introducing the powder to bacteria? And we should spray the product with alcohol and wipe it down when we're done? I'm sorry if its a dumb question...I just wanna know because I plan on using my pressed pigments wet and may have to double dip or so.
Actually, I'm not crazy about using a wet brush with the pressed pigments, bacteria or no bacteria. They have a sort of creamy texture that applying them wet does something to and can make them a little scaly after. If you want a strong application of them, you get better results just applying them with the smooth silicon applicators (love those for the pps) or a finger, instead of using a brush; and then after, you can give a very light misting of Fix+ directly to the eyes. Applying them on top of another shadow also is a good way to minimize the sheerness a lot of them have.

Maybe this new batch will be a little different, but I think wet application on these is going to continue to have some problems.

Latest posts