RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

miss0annette

Based off T's swatches, I'm ready to skip this whole collection. Such a bummer. Heaux isn't as berry as I wanted. It's really pink-toned. Riri Boy is just like UTA. I was hoping it would be at least a little different. Hibiscus Kiss doesn't look special. And neither do the Lustre Drops. Ugh. Unless Karen's swatches are a lot different I'm just gonna save my money for fall.
Eh, I'm torn on these lipsticks. I thought RRW was nothing special until I actually tried it and then ended up buying 4 of them. Heaux doesn't seem all that special and RRB just seems like it can turn really funky on me. That happens with lipsticks sometimes where it looks great at first and 10 minutes later I look like a cracked out hobo. I just don't know.
Ok I have come down from my high and I have to agree here. I have RRW and the retro matte formula, after a few hours, also makes me look like a cracked out hobo too! I used prep and prime on my lips but still the formula is drying to me. Edit: I'm afraid I will have skippers remorse though! Lol

ShanOrieal

Okay after seeing the swatches! I am definitely getting RiRi Boy plus a BU! UTA is one of my favorite purples and one of the first purples I purchased so a matte version of it is AWESOME! and I will probably get RiRi Heaux also just to have it, even though it doesn't look as special as I was hoping from the swatches T has. Skipping HK and on the fence about the drops. I'm just ready to place my order!
rasta.gif

shontay07108

Ok I have come down from my high and I have to agree here. I have RRW and the retro matte formula, after a few hours, also makes me look like a cracked out hobo too! I used prep and prime on my lips but still the formula is drying to me. Edit: I'm afraid I will have skippers remorse though! Lol
The retro matte formula feels super dry to me, but thankfully, it doesn't look dry. Not with RRW, at least. I'm afraid a color like RRB will look crazy on me at some point. I don't want to deal with that. Plus, this waiting room business, I might not even be able to order anyway. Here I am successfully talking myself out of this.

internetchick

I actually love the retro matte formula. It feels dry to me when I first put it on, but then it either relaxes or I get used to it because then it settles into a comfortable wear. It stay on all day and doesn't budge, so I really love that. I am lazy and hate touching up lol.

I am getting:

1 RiRi Boy
2 Heaux
4 RiRi Woo
Lustre Drops

miss0annette

The retro matte formula feels super dry to me, but thankfully, it doesn't look dry. Not with RRW, at least. I'm afraid a color like RRB will look crazy on me at some point. I don't want to deal with that. Plus, this waiting room business, I might not even be able to order anyway. Here I am successfully talking myself out of this.
Right. It doesn't look dry but does feel dry to me. The other night I wore RRW and when I went to the bathroom I noticed it was fading on the inner parts of my lips. So on the edges was still good but on the inner parts of my lips I could see my normal lip color. Maybe this is normal? Maybe I just need to reapply? I'm not sure because all my other lipsticks don't do that. Only my mattes. Which is why I'm not a big fan of mattes.

shontay07108

Right. It doesn't look dry but does feel dry to me. The other night I wore RRW and when I went to the bathroom I noticed it was fading on the inner parts of my lips. So on the edges was still good but on the inner parts of my lips I could see my normal lip color. Maybe this is normal? Maybe I just need to reapply? I'm not sure because all my other lipsticks don't do that. Only my mattes. Which is why I'm not a big fan of mattes.
For me, after awhile RRW's intensity wears off, but only a little bit. The reason why I can deal with the dryness is because it stays in place, lasts long and I don't have to worry about checking myself in a mirror. Generally, though I am not the biggest fan of mattes.

NaomiH

Based off T's swatches, I'm ready to skip this whole collection. Such a bummer. Heaux isn't as berry as I wanted. It's really pink-toned. Riri Boy is just like UTA. I was hoping it would be at least a little different. Hibiscus Kiss doesn't look special. And neither do the Lustre Drops. Ugh. Unless Karen's swatches are a lot different I'm just gonna save my money for fall.
I can't wait for her swatches, she and I are a lot closer in skin tone and she also has more pigmented lips than T, I can usually get a more accurate feel for how it will look on me by looking at her swatches.

internetchick

Lustre Drops Wow 4 Riri woos? doesn't that mean youll need to be in the waiting room 4 times since they only allow 1 per order like last time? I'm asking because I would like a backup too!
Yes, but I did get 4 last time (1 for me, 2 for blog giveaways, and 1 CP). I don't think I will have a problem getting all 4 this time either.

Ana A

Im hoping that Heaux will look different in normal lighting, in T's swatches both look red..but I have rebel and it doesnt look red on my lips as opposed to her swatches. Ririboy is a must for me though, I have UTA but I dont care I love matte!

luvlydee

For me, after awhile RRW's intensity wears off, but only a little bit. The reason why I can deal with the dryness is because it stays in place, lasts long and I don't have to worry about checking myself in a mirror. Generally, though I am not the biggest fan of mattes.
i can honestly say ririwoo was one of the colors that i didnt have to check the mirror. the first time i wore it, it bled on my bottom lips but after that i put prep and prime just on the lower edges and it stayed on at work without me touching up. i love it. i just hope that riri boy and heaux have the same performance

(forgot to mention i always line my lips with cherry lip liner also (so maybe it was the cherry lip liner that was bleeding and not the lipstick?? hmm)

luvlydee

Im hoping that Heaux will look different in normal lighting, in T's swatches both look red..but I have rebel and it doesnt look red on my lips as opposed to her swatches. Ririboy is a must for me though, I have UTA but I dont care I love matte!
yea lighting and the pigmentation of your lips can change a lipstick drastically. i just want it to look like the picture of rihanna wearing (supposedly) heaux on her lips. it looked more like a purple berry on her if it was really heaux.

Now the question is... what liner would i use with heaux without changing the color much??? i guess i will only know whats i get it in person right

Ana A

yea lighting and the pigmentation of your lips can change a lipstick drastically. i just want it to look like the picture of rihanna wearing (supposedly) heaux on her lips. it looked more like a purple berry on her if it was really heaux.

Now the question is... what liner would i use with heaux without changing the color much??? i guess i will only know whats i get it in person right
Totally, from the looks of it I doubt it will look that way unless we play around with different liners..total fail on their part though that color or even a rebel matte dupe would have been a winner....booo. lol

CartoonChic

T updated Heaux's swatches with Rebel comparisons!
I see the differences on the arm swatch, but I'm having trouble seeing a difference on the lips. Not sure if it's my eyes, my monitor, or that I've been starring at too many lips to tell the difference.

Latest posts