Rouge Bunny Rouge

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just discovered the wonders of RBR! I have blushes in Starina and Ophelia, and two eyeshadow refills in Solstice Halcyon and Bohemian Waxwing. I also have two lipglosses; No Strings Attached and Drunk with Stars. I am in love, not only with the whimsical packaging, but with the quality of these products! I ordered mine from beautyhabit which is significantly cheaper than Zuneta if you live in the States. =)
Ooooh... Could you post swatches sometime? Those are all shades I'm interested in. I have a birthday coming up in about ten days and I'm allowing myself a Zuneta order as a present...

Haven

I have several RBR products that I purchased from Beauty Habit. I love everything that I have from this line, but my favorite is Solstice Halcyon. I also have Delicate Hummingbird which is fantastic. The only products which were a slight disappointment were the gleaming temptations lip gloss not b/c of the colors but b/c of the size for the $$.

powderprincess

I'm obsessed with this line! I had seen reviews of some of these products on blogs over the years when it was sold on Zuneta, but the prices were outrageous, especially for something I would have to order online. Now they are on beauty habbit, and while not cheap the prices are in line with other high end brands. I cannot get enough of their eye shadows. So far I love solstice halcyon and bohemian waxwing, and they look great together. The liquid highlighters are second to none. I can't wait to try more things from RBR.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I noticed that on Beauty Habit, the prices seem somewhat lower than they have been other places. I have yet to order from them, although I am planning to, since they also carry Chantecaille, which is almost impossible to get here.

I am completely smitten with this company and I swear if I could afford to, I would buy every single one of their eye shadows. I'm hoping that they come out with a slightly larger range of lipstick colours, especially more that are wearable for cooler-toned ladies like myself. I very much like both the semi-sheer and full-colour formulas, but I find that there aren't a lot of shades that I think I could pull off.

So far, lipstick-wise, I have Dark Juices, Murmurings, Scrumptiously Devious, Word of Mouth and Nothing Unknown. I love all of them and highly recommend them. I've been eying Tongue Tickles and Dissolved in Dreams, so if anyone has some feedback on those, I'd love to hear it.

I agree with you, Haven, that the glosses are the least exciting thing that I've tried. They're not bad, by any means, but I'd say that they lack anything really special (either formula) to distinguish them, plus they're small for the price.

powderprincess

I have been ordering from Beauty habit with no problems. Shipping takes almost a week to the east coast. They have a promo now where you get a free gloss with $85 RBR purchase. So far I am head over heals for the eye shadows and liquid highlighters. I have everything I have tried. I am itching to buy a few more shadows. A few colors still come in the 2.4 g containers, I am bummed most of them are just 2 g. I hope they continue to carry the line. I might the lipsticks next. I'm thinking irreverence and scrumptiously devious for NC25.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I might the lipsticks next. I'm thinking irreverence and scrumptiously devious for NC25.
I don't have Irreverence, but Scrumptiously Devious is a wonderful everyday kind of shade. (I have a review/ swatches look here: http://morelikespace.blogspot.ca/2012/06/making-faces-are-you-scrumptiously.html ) I think it would look great with your skin tone.

Also, I have to recommend RBR blushes, which are quite remarkable. They have the most exquisite sheen, without being shimmery or sparkly. They glow like the smooth surface of a pearl. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of colours, but with an NC25 complexion, I think that you could wear almost all of them.

powderprincess

I don't have Irreverence, but Scrumptiously Devious is a wonderful everyday kind of shade. (I have a review/ swatches look here: http://morelikespace.blogspot.ca/2012/06/making-faces-are-you-scrumptiously.html ) I think it would look great with your skin tone.  Also, I have to recommend RBR blushes, which are quite remarkable. They have the most exquisite sheen, without being shimmery or sparkly. They glow like the smooth surface of a pearl. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of colours, but with an NC25 complexion, I think that you could wear almost all of them.
I was thinking of delicata or starina. I'm worried starina will be too orange and delicata too light. For reference I love Nars luster and D&G caramel in terms of peaches and nude blush. I wish they had a counter. Which is your favorite RBR nudish blush?

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was thinking of delicata or starina. I'm worried starina will be too orange and delicata too light. For reference I love Nars luster and D&G caramel in terms of peaches and nude blush. I wish they had a counter. Which is your favorite RBR nudish blush?
Unfortunately, the only one I have is Florita, which is quite bright, but from what I've seen, Starina is not too orange. It is frustrating that they don't have counters where you can swatch them "live".

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's the official RBR look for Fall!

http://en.rougebunnyrouge.com/looks/utopia

The main new thing seems to be two new shadow shades. I was really hoping for a deep lipstick, but Murmurings is gorgeous.

I'm kind of curious about their lip pencils, since I've heard they're very soft, so there's no pulling and chafing if you apply them all over the lips. Has anyone tried them?

katred

Specktra Bestie
I love RBR, especially their shadows. I can't wait for the new shades and hope they make it to beauty habit.
I'm thinking that they will. BH did receive the shadows that were released with the Spring collection, as well as the plumping glosses that came out at that time. So I would think that they should get these in the not-too-distant future. I really miss Zuneta...

tiramisu

Extremely smitten with this brand! Just wanted to bump it up and say the new (well, to me;)) Utopia eyeshadows (Rain Dove and Rufous-tailed Weaver ) are so soft and luxurious looking on the lids-- especially with my coloring (blue eyed blonde, very fair skin) I have Burberry Pale Barley and that is somewhere in between those two RBR shades. I prefer the RBR to be honest-- the blend ability and smoothness are beyond! This is coming from a total eyeshadow junkie. :eyelove: Also, chestnut napped apalis is a dream of a matte e/s (was waiting to pull the trigger until I used up MAC wedge) I love, love the quartz liner in tanzanite essence as well. Can't stop staring at it when I'm wearing it. It's awesome. Also have dabbled in much of the line: the lipgloss in coy (love beautyhabit free w purchase!), mattifying primer, long wear eye liner in Salome, goddess highlight powder, the concealers (clicky pen -- a must have! and pencil). The long wear liner is almost, almost too creamy. And on the waterline area-- it's a no go. My eyes watered like mad, and only then did I read they say not to use it there *doh* Trying to hold off on trying any liquid highlighters but I am so tempted. I don't need any more highlighters at the moment. Ha. Heard the lipsticks aren't anything to write home about? Anyone care to weigh in? How about thoughts on the foundations (limited color choice aside). The orionis concealer pen matches me perfectly, so I'm optimistic. :)

Dominique33

Heard the lipsticks aren't anything to write home about? Anyone care to weigh in? How about thoughts on the foundations (limited color choice aside). The orionis concealer pen matches me perfectly, so I'm optimistic.
smiles.gif
I have one lipstick only ( Raw Silence ), the texture is to die for, it applies easily and it is very pigmented ( and feels not heavy on the lips ), BUT it migrates out of the lips. I have heard of the es but we don't have the brand here, so...... Some bloggers have good swatches ( Allura, Messy Wands ) I am a lipstick junkie and I wanted to try one, Raw Silence is gorgeous but it doesn't wear so long on my ( very dry ) lips. But really the texture is awesome, pigments too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I find the lipsticks are very nice, but not at the level of the shadows, powder blushes or liquid highlighters (sorry). Some are better than others and all of them feel lovely on the lips. I would say that my biggest issue is that they don't last terribly long. I do find that they tend to make my lips look fuller. Many of their shades are neutral, but quite original.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Just a note that RBR appears to be discontinuing several shades of their eye shadow: Mountain bluebird Mysterious tinamou Periwinkle cardinal Electrifying storm-petrel Volcano fairy wren There are also a few of their lipsticks that seem to be slotted for discontinuation, like my favourite, dark juices. I understand that soft, warm neutrals are their bread and butter, but I'm not sure it's wise to get rid of almost all of their brighter shades.

tiramisu

Katred, thanks for that info (and on the l/s opinions - as well as Dominique33). I can't get away with too much color at the office, but I have had my eye on a few of these for some time anyway. Any that are must haves in your opinion? Based on your eye shot avatar (lol) it appears we have the same coloring at least eyes and skin tone! I've been wanting the duo that is minty and purple after viewing all of the lovely zuneta.com (sob, I never got on the RBR bandwagon before they were no longer) and RBR videos-- the nest of plenty look is to die for. The videos are dangerous for creating intense cases of the "must have it!" Syndrome. Haha

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just saw the announcement this morning. It's apparently limited and will be available next week. Swatches (and contests to win one) here: http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2014/08/rouge-bunny-rouge-raw-garden-eye-shadow.html?m=1 http://www.thenonblonde.com/2014/08/rouge-bunny-rouge-eye-shadow-palette.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/thenonblonde+(The+Non-Blonde)&m=1 I'm very curious about this new finish. I already find a lot of RBR shadows to be very shimmery ( but wearable). Pretty certain I'll be ordering this right away, though, since I love everything this brand puts out.

LiliV

That palette looks intriguing to me, I've been meaning to try out their shadows and I feel like that would be a good option for an introduction

Latest posts