Rouge Bunny Rouge

Sylvia60

I have two RBR eye kohl pencils in Lola and Calypso. I like the Lola very much as an eye liner- great colour and easy to use. The Calypso, like almost all the greenish eye pencils I have tried (except for UD's Mildew) was a disappointment- scratchy and pulls at the skin.

Anyway, I succumbed to the July RBR on-line sale and my purchase (several
angelic.gif
eye shadows) should arrive this afternoon. I'll post up my reactions to them later.

Meanwhile, off to investigate that palette.

KaylaK

Sethakins on youtube mentioned the liquid highlighters in a video the other day and I have been salivating over swatches ever since.

Sylvia60

They've arrived.

Eclipse Eagle. Love at fist sight.
http://www.perilouslypale.com/2013/01/rouge-bunny-rouge-snowy-egret-and-eclipse-eagle-long-lasting-eye-shadows-photos-swatches-review.html

Abyssinian Catbird. Gorgeous.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=164818/Abyssinian-Catbird/Rouge-Bunny-Rouge/Eye-Shadow

Periwinkle Cardinal. Divine.
http://delicatehummingbird.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/rouge-bunny-rouge-periwinkle-cardinal.html

Velvet Fritillary I spent a lot of time looking for this sort of shade of cream shadow. Found!
http://theblackpanties.blogspot.com.es/2011/06/rouge-bunny-rouge-velvet-fritillary.html

Chiffon Ringlet. Oh, myyy!
http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.com.es/2011/08/rouge-bunny-rouge-long-lasting-cream.html

Every one a winner.
The texture is lovely, both in the powder as in the cream.
Lead me to the palette!

Sylvia60

A quick up-date on my RBR products- the Lola eye kohl pencil lasts without primer, 10 hours without fading or budging. It maintained that luminous bronze/plummy colour til I removed it.
The Calypso pencil which I ended up using on the outer corners of my eyes smudged into a delightful shadow that also lasted 10 hours.

Today I'm going to start experimenting with the new shadows to test longevity and fallout.
I compared the swatches of my new shadows side by side with my up till now favourite palette, the Dior Mystic Metals Bonne Etoile since I noticed five of the colours I'd chosen seemed to match those of the Dior palette.
For pigmentation, RBR wins out without a shadow of a doubt.
But I find it curious that when confronted with the selection of shadows in that sale I basically recreated (and upgraded) my favourite palette.

I'll be gunning for the RBR palette of course. But if I don't manage to buy one... well, there ARE the RBR sales.

Has anyone here tried their mascara?

sarabeautime

I love their witchery mascara,
you can find many FOTDs and eye looks in the blog, I am so hooked, using it since weeks and nothing else :)

Sylvia60

Off to see the looks at your blog.
http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/07/rouge-bunny-rouge-my-summer-picks.html

Very nice hand you have with a wearable summer look, Sara.
We have very similar eye colour(s).
The Bronzing Glow Liquid in As It Were Summer Still could be a major temptation in the coming months.

I used Abyssinian Catbird as a casual one colour look yesterday and was very impressed by the pigmentation, ease of application, lack of fall-out and duration (10 hours no fading or creasing). All that without primer. And best of all, no allergic reaction!!

Sylvia60

I'm using my last days of holiday to put my working wardrobe in order, tend my winter boots and all that jazz. It makes a fun side activity to try out and experiment with these truly luxurious products.

Yesterday I used Periwinkle Cardinal as an all-over colour, with Chinchilla from Too Faced Matte Eye palette as a crease colour.
Neither the pigmentation nor duration compare to Abyssinian Catbird, but then I find greenish eye shadows often need a bit of coaxing (primer) to shine. Or used wet rather than dry.

Now for the 'bad' news.
Demon temptation made me click on the Clearance bin forum, where a charming forumite, meleftie, enabled the purchase of Chestnut-napped Apalis, Rufous-Tailed Weaver, Grey Go-Away Lourie, Fire-Tailed Sunbird and Capricious Nightingale.
eeksign.gif

The good news is that even if I don't win the free palette and can't order in time to buy it, I have a splendid selection of RBR shadows to enliven the coming winter. Also, a fabulous reason to turn an engaging little art deco chocolate box (repro) I have into an RBR palette.

Lest I forget, meleftie has Abyssinian Catbird and Eclipse Eagle just a PM away...

throwitawaynow

Is the new palette going to be available only on the main RBR site or on ones like b-glowing, blush, and beauty habitat too?

jebogewf

Is the new palette going to be available only on the main RBR site or on ones like b-glowing, blush, and beauty habitat too?
I'm almost positive it will be on Beautyhabit. That's what BTIB said. I'll be pretty mad if it's not. That's usually where I buy my RBR from and where I was planning on getting the palette from.

sarabeautime

Off to see the looks at your blog.
http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/07/rouge-bunny-rouge-my-summer-picks.html

Very nice hand you have with a wearable summer look, Sara.
We have very similar eye colour(s).
The Bronzing Glow Liquid in As It Were Summer Still could be a major temptation in the coming months.

I used Abyssinian Catbird as a casual one colour look yesterday and was very impressed by the pigmentation, ease of application, lack of fall-out and duration (10 hours no fading or creasing). All that without primer. And best of all, no allergic reaction!!
Thanks so much for dropping by @Sylvia60 and glad that you liked it. I love the bronzing glow liquid, it gives an instant bronze goddess look lol.

RBR has lovely long lasting eye shadows with great quality, so creamy and soft to touch. I am happy to hear that you enjoy these too :)

sarabeautime

I'm almost positive it will be on Beautyhabit. That's what BTIB said. I'll be pretty mad if it's not. That's usually where I buy my RBR from and where I was planning on getting the palette from.
According to The Non-Blonde, it will be available at US retailers in September.

By the way I took the palette yesterday for a test drive and wrote about it today in case anyone would be interested.

I love it except the deepest shades being somehow close, but that is just a minor issue of a smokey palette I guess ;-)
The second shade from the left, that one is so gorgeous, oh gosh! It is hard to capture it with camera.

All in all love!
eyelove.gif

Almus

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your review (I saw it before your post here). From all the reviews I've seen so far, all the colors look pretty similar in the arm swatches, so I was wondering if they'd even look distinguishable in the eye. If it's not too much to ask, could you please let me know if the two dark colors undertone (the purple and blue) can be enhanced by using a base (either black or colored). Thank you in advance!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wow. It's already sold out on the RBR web site? Or it just hasn't gone up yet? I'm pretty convinced that this is going to sell out quickly, because RBR has such a dedicated fan base (with reason).

Here's the link to @sarabeautime's review:

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/08/rouge-bunny-rouge-raw-garden-eye-shadow.html

Sara- funny, I wanted to order Fluttering Sighs at the same time as the palette, so I'm doubtless going to be mimicking your look when/ if I get my hands on the palette.

EDIT: D'oh!!! I thought it was the 28th today. Knowing what day it is: not my strong suit. I added it to my wish list.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ordered! I'm hoping that I don't have too many shades that are like the ones in the palette. Then again, I usually find that RBR shadows have nuances to them that are really hard to reproduce.

sarabeautime

Ordered! I'm hoping that I don't have too many shades that are like the ones in the palette. Then again, I usually find that RBR shadows have nuances to them that are really hard to reproduce.
Yay @katred ! Did you get Fluttering Sighs too? That one is one of my favorite sheep lippies, goes good with everything, especially smokey eyes ;-)

sarabeautime

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your review (I saw it before your post here). From all the reviews I've seen so far, all the colors look pretty similar in the arm swatches, so I was wondering if they'd even look distinguishable in the eye. If it's not too much to ask, could you please let me know if the two dark colors undertone (the purple and blue) can be enhanced by using a base (either black or colored). Thank you in advance!
Hi Almus,

the darkest two shades are close, on the eyes, they are not differentiable to me. I also tried smudging black kohl and apply these on it, didn't pop so much because the shimmer is really delicate, which I like (I wouldn't like a true metallic eye shadow which would rather look cheap in my opinion).

Unfortunately I am traveling at the moment, so hard to try another black or white base, like a Chanel IdO, I only have black kohl with me... Hope it was still helpful.

Although darkest two are close, all the other shades are different, so I still find it a good deal.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yay @katred ! Did you get Fluttering Sighs too? That one is one of my favorite sheep lippies, goes good with everything, especially smokey eyes ;-)
Yes I did. I think that the sheerness will compensate for the fact that it's a bit warmer than I can usually go (at least, it looks like it is). Can't wait to play with this.

Sylvia60

Alas, I'm not one of the lucky winners of the give-away palette.
Off to read Sara's review and order it.

beauteblogueur

My palette arrived today! Had a play around with it and pulled out some RBR singles to compare, thought the pictures might be helpful. These are just quick finger swatches, no primer, natural light.

The palette

L-R: 1st shade from palette, Unforgettable Oriole, 2nd shade from palette, Solstice Halcyon

L-R: 3rd shade from palette, Olive Violetear, 4th shade from palette, Delicate Hummingbird, Eclipse Eagle, 5th shade from palette, Trumpeter Koel

The only near dupe I have is the 5th shade and Trumpeter Koel, but TK lacks that beautiful shimmer. I don't have any RBR shadows close to the first two shades but I think they might be pretty similar to the two new singles (Rain Dove and Rufous-tailed Weaver).

It's a lovely palette, usual RBR quality. The shades aren't particularly unique, I definitely have dupes from other brands, but it's nice to have these colours in the RBR formula.