Shadesticks to be discontinued?!?!

erine1881

about half of the shadesticks and paints were discontinued. the shadesticks that are gone are corn, overcast, silverblu, shimmermint, royal hue, gracious me, and crimmsonaire.

xbrookecorex

AH THATS NOT EVEN FUNNY TO JOKE ABOUT! I go through 1 Beigeing a month. And Im the only person who hates paintpots and UDPP. Never!

foxyqt

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
about half of the shadesticks and paints were discontinued. the shadesticks that are gone are corn, overcast, silverblu, shimmermint, royal hue, gracious me, and crimmsonaire.

and mangomix!

blindpassion

Quote:

If somethings going to be discontinued, doesnt the little triangle of death show up next to it on the MAC site? I just went there and all of the shadesticks are still listed... and none of them have the triangle,
where did you hear they were being discontinued?

Weasel

^ lol 'triangle of death'
greengrin.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
If somethings going to be discontinued, doesnt the little triangle of death show up next to it on the MAC site? I just went there and all of the shadesticks are still listed... and none of them have the triangle,
where did you hear they were being discontinued?

usually from update books or other staff. the books are released somewhat in advance though so MAs have this info first
smiles.gif

Lorelai

Quote:

Ack! I'll have to pick up another silverblu if I can make it to a mac store this week... I spend so much time purchasing various collections (eyeshadows), shadesticks go on the back burner. While I'm at it, I should finally pick up Sharkskin as well; one can never be too careful.
icon_eek.gif

BloodMittens

I don't think they're getting discontinued, some of them might be, but not all. I know MAC sells a LOT of beiging, so it wouldn't make sense to discontinue it.

i'm not a huge fan the shadesticks
ssad.gif

but i'm pretty sure that if a color sells really well, they won't let it go. that's just begging to lose money.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Where did you hear they were going to be discontinued?

about 3 weeks ago we finished our RTV (return to vendor) list, and all the shadesticks that i listed went out, along with a bunch of other perm. products and LE stuff.

strangely, most of the stuff that we RTV'd is still online and at stores, because as of a week ago, the stores hadn't done theirs, just counters (macy's atleast).

BloodMittens

Quote:
about 3 weeks ago we finished our RTV (return to vendor) list, and all the shadesticks that i listed went out, along with a bunch of other perm. products and LE stuff.

strangely, most of the stuff that we RTV'd is still online and at stores, because as of a week ago, the stores hadn't done theirs, just counters (macy's atleast).

Really? My MAC Counter at Macy's still has ALL of the discontinued shadesticks. That's where I bought my Shimmermint the other day D:

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
A lot of people say that they don't work for them, so I can see why they would be discontinuing some.

:[ sad

I have 3 and I can never remember to USE THEM!

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I have 3 and I can never remember to USE THEM!

Lol. I actually love them as a base if I don't have time to bring my two bases along with me for a ride. Really makes some colors pop out better
greengrin.gif
Like Crimsonaire and Stars n' Rockets.

But that's just me. I would be sad if they discontinue all of them. I actually plan on buying every one, but so far I only have two because of the new collections coming out. Lol. I'm counting on them to be around after December.

MiCHiE

Crimsonaire & Beauty Marked or Sketch

I'm usually completely done, look at them in the beaker and say, "Damn."