Shaving down there

LMD84

I prefer all clean, but i admit, im bad with up keep.
yup i'm the same! recently i have been very bad with the up keep! plus a couple of times i have ended up cutting myself and it's not fun to be cut down there!!!

lol! it amused me to see this thread bumped again and to see my responce! :)

MamaLaura

More hair = more odor = more gross.
lol.gif
Yup. That's why I stay bare. Plus it's faster and easier than trying to shave around a shape, and keep that trimmed.

User38

lol @ all hail fur..
blink.gif

fur is in in in especially for fall/winter.. lmao.. men are dumb.. said it before, will say it till I croak.

gimme a head of hair. long beautiful hair.. braid it, french braid it, tease it.. colour it.. oh yea, hair is fun

just kidding ladies.. damn that epilator looks like shark teeth
eeksign.gif

lindas1983

I'm au natural, but i don't think i'm a very hairy person naturally so I don't feel the need to plus i like it that way, all grown up and non bald lol.

Shadowy Lady

I now wax once a month (professionally), started last year. I'm never going back, lol! I take the whole thing off!

ladyarwen

I first started shaving my bikini area when I was around maybe 17 years old. I'm 21 now, and I decided to take the plunge and get a Brazilian. Shaving was always such a pain in the ass since stubble always appeared a couple of days later, and I could never get all the hair anyway. (All those nooks and crannies, you know.) I did my research online and found a great place called Sweet Samba in Atlanta. The first time will always hurt the most because your hair is much coarser due to shaving. Taking some Tylenol or Advil beforehand helps a little bit, and there's also this topical numbing cream that you apply about 30-45 minutes beforehand. It doesn't take away the pain completely, but it definitely softens the blow, so to speak. You also just get used to it. I'm going back for my fourth appointment next Monday. (They have a student discount on Mondays, whoot!) I love being waxed because afterward I'm all smooth and clean and fresh! I don't do it for anyone but me. I hate the look and feel of having hair down there. I'm hair free for about two weeks before it starts to grow back again, and the more you get waxed, the sparser the hair will come in.

ssaemblog

I don't shave, at all. I don't feel the need to. I haven't dated at all in nineteen years of life, and even if I did have a boyfriend, I wouldn't shave just for him, haha. I do trim though because I wear panty liners and pads when on my period and it hurts like hell when your hair is really long and it gets stuck on the sticky part. Sometimes I shave my bikini area too, but rarely, considering I don't own a bathing suit and never go swimming somewhere.

missah

I like being bald down there. It just feels nicer i suppose. And my man appreciates it since he likes going down on me.
I shave down there before every time i see him, and when i don't, i just trim. I don't like a bush down there.

Funtabulous

I despise any hair on my body except for the top of my head and my eyebrows. That said, I shave off my pubic hair every few days or so. Except, I have a huge problem with ingrown hairs. I have several of them at any given time. They are uncomfortable and look disgusting. I have tried using a loofah sponge once a day but I am still getting them.

I tried not shaving for a little while longer than normal to see if they would get better, but after being with my boyfriend while having hair I shaved it off. I didn't feel comfortable at all around him with the hair, like I was lazy and unkempt (not saying that everyone who doesn't shave is lazy and unkempt, but it's my usual routine so I felt that way). I shaved it off today but there are huge bumps everywhere. It's gross, but not as gross as hair.

I'm planning on getting laser hair removal to solve this problem. Has anyone ever had this done? I don't really know how to go about finding a place to do it.

milika

i like to wax but not only because my bf likes it but i do it because i fell more clean, also i have shave and trimmed and put the hair removal lotions but my favorite and easy is the wax, and after all this time i cant get use to the pain but is the price that we have to pay to feel better :D

milika

i have ingrown hair problems too, but the girl from waxing place gave me this and work fine with me, maybe it will help you too. the name is PFB vanish, is a roll-on and you apply it after shave or wax. :)

I despise any hair on my body except for the top of my head and my eyebrows. That said, I shave off my pubic hair every few days or so. Except, I have a huge problem with ingrown hairs. I have several of them at any given time. They are uncomfortable and look disgusting. I have tried using a loofah sponge once a day but I am still getting them.

I tried not shaving for a little while longer than normal to see if they would get better, but after being with my boyfriend while having hair I shaved it off. I didn't feel comfortable at all around him with the hair, like I was lazy and unkempt (not saying that everyone who doesn't shave is lazy and unkempt, but it's my usual routine so I felt that way). I shaved it off today but there are huge bumps everywhere. It's gross, but not as gross as hair.

I'm planning on getting laser hair removal to solve this problem. Has anyone ever had this done? I don't really know how to go about finding a place to do it.

Shadowy Lady

I started the laser hair removal two month ago. They say it takes between 6-8 sessions and I've had two sessions done so far. I've noticed significant reduction hair already though. I find it pretty painful though so I got the cream they sell at my spa to numb the area a bit before each treatment. And this is from someone who regularly got waxed before and didn't flinch....it's a different kinda pain.

Anyway, my sister did the whole laser thing last year and she;s now hair free...i cannot wait to not have to worry about maintenance down there. It's not cheap but totally worth it to me :)

amoona

Ok this is a topic for ME! I'm a Middle Eastern girl meaning I'm hairy everywhere. This is a TMI thread so I feel like I can share that tidbit. With that being said waxing is the only way to go for me. I've shaved a couple of times and I hated it. It was so painful when the hair would grow back into stubble and you try to re-shave again. I don't understand how anyone shaves.

I'm a waxing kind of girl. I recently started getting hard wax done at this new spa in my area and it's amazing. It still hurts of course - you are getting hair ripped out of your skin - but it only lasts for 15 minutes and you're up and about. I go every four weeks. The more you go, the less it starts to bother you.

I started the laser hair removal two month ago. They say it takes between 6-8 sessions and I've had two sessions done so far. I've noticed significant reduction hair already though. I find it pretty painful though so I got the cream they sell at my spa to numb the area a bit before each treatment. And this is from someone who regularly got waxed before and didn't flinch....it's a different kinda pain.
Anyway, my sister did the whole laser thing last year and she;s now hair free...i cannot wait to not have to worry about maintenance down there. It's not cheap but totally worth it to me :)
I've thought about laser but I've been told that when you get pregnant your hormones change and your hair will grow back. I haven't checked this with a doctor or anything and I haven't researched it though. Just something I've been told by a few friends. I've been more and more interested in this though since it's so much cheaper now than it used to be a few years ago.

LMD84

you're making me want to look into this now! I am so fed up of shaving. Waxing is ok but can be a bit of a faff when doing it on yourself. I feel so much cleaner and nice when i'm bare... the pain could be an issue though because I am a total whimp!!

Shadowy Lady

Yep, I def recommend it. I recommend using the cream when you go, reduces the pain to 90% less (at least for me)

inishkai

Can anyone tell me where that 'bare' trend came from? lol I just leave it be now
supacool.gif

Then again, I was never that hairy to begin with. My guy don't care but when I asked, he says that he feels like he's with a child when I tried shaving it all off. I'm curious, is it like a 'p*rn star' type of thing? : / Isn't it normal for women to have hair down there in varying degrees of hair thickness and volume? (<-- wow.)

Latest posts