Smoke Signals

erine1881

i noticed that they are labeling products with the wrong finishes more often starting with strange hybrid. it says that moonflower is a frost, floral fantasy and fertile is a veluxe pearl. then with moonbathe: saturnal as a frost (really a velvet). they also said that all the c-shock shadows were frosts with the exception of passionate.

i would say that rondelle is a frost, waft is a satin, and ablaze is a matte.

i will ask about the mislabeling at update next month and see if they know what's up.

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i noticed that they are labeling products with the wrong finishes more often starting with strange hybrid. it says that moonflower is a frost, floral fantasy and fertile is a veluxe pearl. then with moonbathe: saturnal as a frost (really a velvet). they also said that all the c-shock shadows were frosts with the exception of passionate.

i would say that rondelle is a frost, waft is a satin, and ablaze is a matte.

i will ask about the mislabeling at update next month and see if they know what's up.

I knew Fertile felt a little strange for a VP formula. So was Moonflower suppose to be VP?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
I knew Fertile felt a little strange for a VP formula. So was Moonflower suppose to be VP?

i think it is a satin maybe :shrug:

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlyann23
Can anyone think of any other shadows that closely resemble the ones in the Smoking Eyes quad? I ask because I'm interested in the quad, but I just bought Satin Taupe like a month or two ago, and I already have quite a few black shadows. I wasn't even interested in this quad until I saw it on my MA at MAC today. It looked absolutely gorgeous.

how about dazzlelight, satin taupe, concrete/brun(brun is a bit warmer) and black tied

yummy411

Quote:
Can anyone think of any other shadows that closely resemble the ones in the Smoking Eyes quad? I ask because I'm interested in the quad, but I just bought Satin Taupe like a month or two ago, and I already have quite a few black shadows. I wasn't even interested in this quad until I saw it on my MA at MAC today. It looked absolutely gorgeous.

this is the same prob i have! especially since i'm a palette collector! :confused:

jpohrer

Quote:

Try Shroom/Phloof/Naked Lunch, Satin Taupe, Mystery and Black Tied/Carbon. You can darken Mystery by mixing it with Carbon.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I'm so upset!

Update:
I went to Macy's today and was told by my reg MA that they never received the merchandise for this collection, they got it in today and still have not unpacked it.

jilliandanica

Quote:

Next to Nothing can probably be duped by Shroom or Provence pigment

Showstopper is a super dark brown so you can try a darker brown like Mystery or Espresso mixed with Carbon or over Sharkskin shadestick or Blackground paint pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
What does Orpheus really look like on? Does it look anything like Blitz & Glitz fluidline? That's what I was expecting, but I keep hearing it looks greenish so I'm confused. Oh yeah, I bought Wildfire too.
smiles.gif

I bought Orpheus and I swatched it against Buried Treasure powerpoint pencil. The colors are almost identical. Orpheus just has more pearl.
On a separate note...I was playing with my Smoke Signals pigment sample and it makes for a great lip/cheek stain.

gleamster1

The closest lipglass colour similiar to Illicit is Poetic License from the Naturally Eccentric fall collection from 2005.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
Does anyone know if any color is similar to Illicit?

that's exactly what i was asking! i went to the store twice to find something similar with no luck. so it's pretty safe to say there's nothing like it in the permanent line. that's why i got 4 backups *hides in shame*
ssad.gif

Love Always Ivy

so i picked up barely lit and the smoking palette during my break but i got nervous that i had overdrew my account and i had to return it 2 hrs later and it really made me tear up when she scanned each item and just threw it in the garbage immediately after and it had a loud DUNK. that was the sound of my heart breaking. :*(

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
so i picked up barely lit and the smoking palette during my break but i got nervous that i had overdrew my account and i had to return it 2 hrs later and it really made me tear up when she scanned each item and just threw it in the garbage immediately after and it had a loud DUNK. that was the sound of my heart breaking. :*(

But it was still BNIB, right? I thought they only throw out the ones with no box. :confused:

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
that's exactly what i was asking! i went to the store twice to find something similar with no luck. so it's pretty safe to say there's nothing like it in the permanent line. that's why i got 4 backups *hides in shame*
ssad.gif

I got a backup of Illicit too, and am seriously thinking of getting another one...and I NEVER get backups! You are not alone!
rofl.gif

princess

Is Soft and Slow lipglass really similar to Damzel lipglass? It doesn't look like it from pictures.
hmm.gif
And does Soft and Slow really have a cream finish like the Flashtronic lipglasses?

syrene78

I had a look at the pro website and they have 2 different silver fog pigments: one with a triangle and one with the pro symbol. :confused:
Aren't they the same ones though?
I was thinking the sale of Silver Fog was limited in non pro stores and not in the pro stores too...
I just bought one and it looks exactly the same.
Does anyone know? Do they maybe just want people to believe that it is different so that we will buy more???

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleamster1
The closest lipglass colour similiar to Illicit is Poetic License from the Naturally Eccentric fall collection from 2005.

how does it compare to VG5 l/g?? i thought that they were pretty similar. VG5 maybe a little more pink with the slightest gold sparkle (can only really tell in the tube) ... opinions?

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy

omg i understand the horror and the heartbreak.. i'm sorry!