Smoke Signals

jpohrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
How do the Kohl powers compare to the Eye kohl pencils? More specifically, Feline compared to Smolder?

Feline is the blackest black liner ever. The MUAs were going crazy over it! It is much darker than Smolder.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
Feline is the blackest black liner ever. The MUAs were going crazy over it! It is much darker than Smolder.

Really!? I thought I was going to have to pass Feline up... maybe I'll get it >_>... My Smolder is running low anyways.

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer

Damn...I was hoping you'd say the opposite so I wouldn't need to get it. lol Thank you!
smiles.gif

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
so you're not going to get the holiday collection if MAC does come out with one this year?

Naw... Im planning on passing on the entire holiday collection. Ive passed on a lot of things this year. The holiday collections really haven't been THAT great the past 2 years... But we'll see... I might be surprised! Plus we'll have to see what the after holiday collection will be like. I usually like those (lingerie & dance)... We'll see if this after holiday one is cool...

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarx1587
Naw... Im planning on passing on the entire holiday collection. Ive passed on a lot of things this year. The holiday collections really haven't been THAT great the past 2 years... But we'll see... I might be surprised! Plus we'll have to see what the after holiday collection will be like. I usually like those (lingerie & dance)... We'll see if this after holiday one is cool...

since i'm new to MAC and only have been using it a few months ago, i'm excited for the holiday collection.

jilliandanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
How do the Kohl powers compare to the Eye kohl pencils? More specifically, Feline compared to Smolder?

The kohl powers are super pigmented (my swatches are in the SS or BS threads). The "ultra-soft carbon" doesn't have much staying power so I understand why a MUA reviewer said it gets messy. The black will come off pretty easy if put on the waterlines but the pearl will stay. Not sure if that's good or bad. Today I wore Mystery on my lower waterline and now all I see are remnants of the teal pearl. They're all really pretty though so I'm keeping them.

lethaldesign

The kohl powers are AWESOME. I'm wearing Raven today as my upper liner with just Shroom over Stilife paint all over lid up to brow &it looks GORGEOUS. Its definitely black-based, but because of the pearl it has an almost mauve/burgundy/brownish tinge to it, so it doesn't look basic black at all. It hasn't smudged a wink &its been over 8 hours since I applied it.

And Feline... all the MAs were RAVVVVING about it when I went in yesterday. I'm talking "this-is-the-best-black-eyeliner-MAC-has-ever-come-out-with" raving. Its the blackest blackest black, so it looks super sultry &sexy. Even if you have 34897875 other black eyeliners, I think this one is a must. Sucks they are LE.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
The kohl powers are AWESOME. I'm wearing Raven today as my upper liner with just Shroom over Stilife paint all over lid up to brow &it looks GORGEOUS. Its definitely black-based, but because of the pearl it has an almost mauve/burgundy/brownish tinge to it, so it doesn't look basic black at all. It hasn't smudged a wink &its been over 8 hours since I applied it.

And Feline... all the MAs were RAVVVVING about it when I went in yesterday. I'm talking "this-is-the-best-black-eyeliner-MAC-has-ever-come-out-with" raving. Its the blackest blackest black, so it looks super sultry &sexy. Even if you have 34897875 other black eyeliners, I think this one is a must. Sucks they are LE.

I love these too, they look so pretty smudged with the 266. I noticed the fallout when I tried to wing it out a little on someone, but for just keeping it around the lashes it's gorgeous. The real test for longevity will be on my Crisco lids.
lol.gif

Edited to add that they passed my test. I CANNOT keep eye m/u on without UDPP. Today I wore Feline with Greenstroke Paint Pot + Stormwatch. The shadows creased within a few hours but the Feline is still on! I may have to buy all of them! :O

suggrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggrr
My counter was getting a display ready, so I got to gawk at some of the products. The quads look nice, especially Gentle Fume, but the kohl power didn't seem very soft.
weeping.gif
And Wildfire wasn't black with red pearl! Wildfire looked like a slightly darker, slightly plummier version of Atmospheric l/g from Blue Storm.
clap.gif

After getting to try all of them out, I completely change my opinion on the kohl powers. They aren't hard at all, so that makes me wonder what happened with the one my SIL swiped. Perhaps it was just a little hard since it hadn't been used yet? The powers even seemed softer than Clinique's Cream Shapers. I only ended up with Wildfire np from Smoke Signals, which I like but don't love after just one mani. I think I prefer OPI's Lincoln Park At Midnight just a little bit more.

karya

i tried out the smoke signals testers when i was at at MAC yesterday. here's my 2 cents:

Pigments: Smoke Signals is very dry... it does not stick well at all~ i wouldn't recomend buying it unless you really like the colour. and to use it~ i suggest using a very good base, or with mixing medium. Silver Fog is BEAUTIFUL and a definate must-buy. no need to get excited over Dark Soul, it's a regular item and if you have Black Tied e/s... don't bother

Blushers: Emote is a dark brown which would be suitable for contouring. Ablaze is a lovely warm dusty coral, i'm seriously considering it.

Quads: i didn't get excited over them, the colours very nice though.... but not special enough, but if i strike lottery..... lolx!

Kohl Power: very very nice~ if you love eyeliners.... its a must buy

Winthrop44

Both blushes were just too deep/intense for me, even when applied with a very light hand (NC15), so I was disappointed there, but I love several of the lip products, especially Illicit l/g. I really like the Smoking Eyes quad too. Even though there are no earth-shattering colors in it, I think it's very useful to have those shadows in a pre-made quad. I don't really like travelling with quads I make myself because I find them more fragile. Also very happy with Raven kohl power.

AudreyNicole

Originally, I only got the 2 kohls powers from Blue Storm, but I went back to the mall this morning, and got Raven and Orepheus from Smoke Signals!! I LOVE them! Also got the Gentle Fumes Quad, Silver Fog Pigment (another LOVE) and Brew and Barely Lit Lipsticks
smiles.gif
Oh, and Wildfire nailpolish. For not wanting alot from this collection, I sure did get alot more than I expected. Still happier with Blue Storm though...

Winthrop44

What does Orpheus really look like on? Does it look anything like Blitz & Glitz fluidline? That's what I was expecting, but I keep hearing it looks greenish so I'm confused. Oh yeah, I bought Wildfire too.
smiles.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
What does Orpheus really look like on? Does it look anything like Blitz & Glitz fluidline? That's what I was expecting, but I keep hearing it looks greenish so I'm confused. Oh yeah, I bought Wildfire too.
smiles.gif

orpheus does not looke like blitz & glitz. it has a lot of more gold. to me, it does not look green, it's the gold in black gave that "olive" illusion (like red in black gives a "plum" illusion if that makes any sense). orpheus actually look more like Egyptian cream shaper from Clinique and buried treasure powerpoint pencil from mac (buried treasure has more green than orpheus)

sleepyhead

did anyone notice that Rondelle is actually labelled as a matte on the back of the quad? the shadow looks like a frost to me, so is that a typo, or is it not the same shadow as the one released in danse collection?

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
did anyone notice that Rondelle is actually labelled as a matte on the back of the quad? the shadow looks like a frost to me, so is that a typo, or is it not the same shadow as the one released in danse collection?

I noticed this last night too. Its a typo, Rondelle is definitely NOT a matte.