Take me to the Specktra-ites! (Central Texas Meet Planning Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilly

Want to meet other Specktra-ites? Here's a great way to meet, greet, and share your hobby and love for makeup!

Janice and I are looking at MLK weekend (Jan 19) to meet up in Austin.

Here is where we need your input for a one day vs. 2 day get together.

One Day get-together would entail meeting for lunch on Saturday, go shopping, have dinner and fun at Dave and Buster's.

Two Day get-together would entail those activities, getting a hotel for the night in Austin and then doing more fun makeup type stuff the next day. That way, travelers won't have to worry about driving back all in one night. If there is interest in this, I will see if there are discounted group rates.
Also, pm me or drop a line in the thread what a good price range for a night would be (that sounds bad...).

The success and input from this will help us determine and plan our future National Specktra get-together.

These are tentative plans and not set in stone. If there is a large majority who prefer a different date, we could work it all out. Let us know ASAP so we can get to planning!!!!

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

knoxydoll

Re: Take me to the Specktra-ites!

If this were a lot closer to me I'd be in. I can't afford to travel that far right now.

hrdruian

either works for me. we could always plan for a one day and those who want to stay the night can and those can get together the next day. we can plan like semi-impromptu stuff the next day, but have definite stuff for the first.

Divinity

nope.gif
Bummer dude...too far for me. When you're in Chicago or Denver (moving in September, yes!!) let me know.

gigglegirl

yes, there should be a Specktra convention! That would kick butt!

M.A.C_Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
If this were a lot closer to me I'd be in. I can't afford to travel that far right now.

Yes exactly. Maybe next time...

Krasevayadancer

Is it possible to plan an east coast get together too. I would so be down for that one!

Janice

Just a small clarification, there is a plan for a national (international?) gathering.

Right now this is intended as a "local" get together. That's not to say that it's limited to only those in Central Texas, anyone can come who desires, but for those of you interested in larger meetup, it's in the works at a future date. We wouldn't want to throw travel plans on anyone with 2 weeks notice.
smiles.gif

Hilly

I am really excited about this! If you are interested in attending, please say so in the thread. thanks!

Lorelai

Provided I'm still flying into Austin on a buisness trip that weekend, I'd love to attend. Here's hoping my trip correspond's with your meet up and I'll be able to participate (that is, if you don't mind having me, of course!).

yes.gif

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai
Provided I'm still flying into Austin on a buisness trip that weekend, I'd love to attend. Here's hoping my trip correspond's with your meet up and I'll be able to participate (that is, if you don't mind having me, of course!).

yes.gif

That would be fantastic! What a great coincidence!
yes.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Just a small clarification, there is a plan for a national (international?) gathering....

Ummmm...that would be utterly rocktacular!
th_sign_woot.gif

aquarius11

CRAPOLA.

I'm in Phoenix and won't be able to travel to TX at this time; I just moved here from Georgia and all my extra $ has been spent on my recent move...gah, I would SO love to meet up with y'all...damn.

SlimSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Is it possible to plan an east coast get together too. I would so be down for that one!

Yeah, Are any of the Mods on the East Coast?? Too bad we cant do one of those telethingys like when people have live shows on east and west coast and we can see them and they can see us... i hope you all understand what I mean but it would be great.

SlimSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Just a small clarification, there is a plan for a national (international?) gathering.

Right now this is intended as a "local" get together. That's not to say that it's limited to only those in Central Texas, anyone can come who desires, but for those of you interested in larger meetup, it's in the works at a future date. We wouldn't want to throw travel plans on anyone with 2 weeks notice.
smiles.gif

Oh its just a local thing..... thats not fair!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSugar
Oh its just a local thing..... thats not fair!

If you feel like coming to Central Texas, you're more than welcome, I'm sure. Same goes for anyone else, like Janice said.

Status
Not open for further replies.