The NEW official Specktra swatch request thread!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'd like to see Illamasqua's Light Liquid Foundation and Rich Liquid Foundation -- both in the 115 shades -- swatched side-by-side. I'd like to see if there's much difference, colour-wise, between the two formulas. Thanks!

Beauty11111

I’d love to see swatch comparisons of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in BO20 (Asian exclusive shade) and B10, or BO20 with any other foundation, and likewise the B10 with any other foundation. I’d be very grateful for the help.

ahhhttack

I’d love to see swatch comparisons of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in BO20 (Asian exclusive shade) and B10, or BO20 with any other foundation, and likewise the B10 with any other foundation. I’d be very grateful for the help.
Chanel VA B10 comps. I'm around NC15/20. B10 is a very good match for me, I think anyone under NC15 will probably have trouble matching VA, but since it's sheer it is very forgiving.

Beauty11111

@ahhhttack I believe I’ve seen that photo before, it’s very useful thank you. I think B10 will be too dark for me, I tried B20 from a sample I received in a magazine and I looked orange, I was hoping maybe the BO20 might work, but I think that is wish full thinking. Thank you for your help!

Could anyone please swatch NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia or Gobi with an Illamasqua foundation, preferably 115? Thank you.

ahhhttack

Yep, I posted it originally on the MUA review page. B20 is suuuper dark yeah. I had Gobi but unfortunately I swapped it away :(. It was very similar to MUFE 117 though, if that helps any.

@ahhhttack I believe I’ve seen that photo before, it’s very useful thank you. I think B10 will be too dark for me, I tried B20 from a sample I received in a magazine and I looked orange, I was hoping maybe the BO20 might work, but I think that is wish full thinking. Thank you for your help!

Could anyone please swatch NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia or Gobi with an Illamasqua foundation, preferably 115? Thank you.

iiifugaziii

nw22 fix fluid?

I feel as if I'm in between a nw20 and 25. on the mac website nw22 looks odd! looks much more orange than nw25. Is it possible for someone who has this to swatch 22 next to 20 or 25 for me? I will love you forever :)

MRV

Quote: Originally Posted by femmepastiche
I was originally looking to compare Vegas Volt, Hibiscus and Costa Chic....now that I've seen the first two, does anyone have Costa Chic to compare? A swatch on the lips would be also be amazing.

Vegas Volt, Hibiscus and Costa Chic (in sunshine)

Hilde

Quote: Originally Posted by Piarpreet

PLEASE somebody compare dandellion (Benefit) with Pink Cult MAC blush!!!!

I suck at swatches but dandelion ad pink cult are pretty different. Dandelion is brighter while pink cult is more dusty. Dandelion is more neutral while pink cult is more cool toned. Thir finishes are also different. Pink cult is completely matte, while dandelion has some shimmers(not really all that noticeable on the cheeks but it makes it be not completely flat matte) I am fair-cool for reference and dandelion DOES show up on my skin as a blush. After reading reviews I was afraid that it wouldn't

The7thDwarf

Can anyone please post swatches of: Chatterbox, Pink Noueveau, Strayin', Speed Dial & Please Me ? (or as many as you can) xxxxxx

I'd like to see Illamasqua's Light Liquid Foundation and Rich Liquid Foundation -- both in the 115 shades -- swatched side-by-side. I'd like to see if there's much difference, colour-wise, between the two formulas. Thanks!

Hi, I work for Illamasqua and can tell you that they unlike MAC, Illamasqua's shades do not differ in between the Rich Liquid and Light Liquid (new SB formula is a complete different story). So 115 is the same in both. However, I can do a swatch when I get to work on Thursday. Anything else while I'm there? :eek:).

I think just those two side by side. Thanks!
smiles.gif

LF 115 is on the left; RF 115 on the right. The light liquid foundation is actually a tiny bit more neutral than the rich liquid, which is a touch pinker in person. I don't think that shows up well on the photo, but that's what I saw when I swatched it on my colleagues arm (she's lighter than I am). I hope this is helpful :).

Piarpreet

thanx girl... unfortunately im not good with color descriptions. find it extremely subjective but i understand taking pics of swatches is horrible. I can never get the colors accurately. I wonder how bloggers do it!

I suck at swatches but dandelion ad pink cult are pretty different. Dandelion is brighter while pink cult is more dusty. Dandelion is more neutral while pink cult is more cool toned. Thir finishes are also different. Pink cult is completely matte, while dandelion has some shimmers(not really all that noticeable on the cheeks but it makes it be not completely flat matte) I am fair-cool for reference and dandelion DOES show up on my skin as a blush. After reading reviews I was afraid that it wouldn't

shellygrrl

Staff member
[quote name="AceYourFaceUK" url="/forum/thread/66615/the-new-official-specktra-swatch-request-thread/1830#post_2145076"]

LF 115 is on the left; RF 115 on the right. The light liquid foundation is actually a tiny bit more neutral than the rich liquid, which is a touch pinker in person. I don't think that shows up well on the photo, but that's what I saw when I swatched it on my colleagues arm (she's lighter than I am). I hope this is helpful :).
[/quote] Very! Thank you very much! :) Yeah, I can see RF is a bit pinker in the photo than LF.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Rich Liquid is oil-free and full coverage. Light Liquid is light-to-medium (depending on how you apply it) and has avocado oil in it. I don't own any MAC foundations (none of them are light enough for me) so can't compare to those. The only MUFE foundation I have is Mat Velvet+ (somehow I think the lightest shades in HD would be too dark for me; same for Face and Body). The lightest shade in Mat Velvet is more on the peachy side and a little darker compared to Light Liquid (more neutral), but Mat Velvet has more coverage. If you want, I can swatch the two together for you?