Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

javadoo

Ladies-Suspicion and Body Heat arrived today!
They are the same formula as Nude Dip.

Suspicion-there are no words to describe how gorgeous this quad is in person swatched. It is absolutely stunning. I think, I know that I love this more than Nude Dip or Virgin Orchid.
It may be the most beautiful eyeshadow palette I own.
Body Heat is beautiful too, but Suspicion is in a league of it's own.

I also purchased one of the Lip Sparks-Powertrip. I love it! Just my kind of color for spring. It has a blue effect to it, which I afore.
And just as an FYI-it is not gritty at all. It is sparkly but not outright glitter and it is not gritty-you can't feel the glitter when you apply it or on your lips.
Still waiting for Clash to arrive and thinking about ordering Stunner, now that I know the formula is good.
I bought a couple of PM Blitz Trance lipsticks and I hated them, so I wasn't sure I would like the Lip Sparks but I love them-no comparison. TF wins.

MaryJane

Ladies-Suspicion and Body Heat arrived today!
They are the same formula as Nude Dip.

Suspicion-there are no words to describe how gorgeous this quad is in person swatched. It is absolutely stunning. I think, I know that I love this more than Nude Dip or Virgin Orchid.
It may be the most beautiful eyeshadow palette I own.
Body Heat is beautiful too, but Suspicion is in a league of it's own.

I also purchased one of the Lip Sparks-Powertrip. I love it! Just my kind of color for spring. It has a blue effect to it, which I afore.
And just as an FYI-it is not gritty at all. It is sparkly but not outright glitter and it is not gritty-you can't feel the glitter when you apply it or on your lips.
Still waiting for Clash to arrive and thinking about ordering Stunner, now that I know the formula is good.
I bought a couple of PM Blitz Trance lipsticks and I hated them, so I wasn't sure I would like the Lip Sparks but I love them-no comparison. TF wins.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the quads. I have mixed feelings about them. I have the same issue with Suspicion as I did with Nude Dio and that’s, on the eye, the colors are indistinguishable. I applied the orangey color and couldn’t even tell. All I see is shimmer. Body Heat is pretty but IMO not worth the price.

zeynepg1977

Here is a pic of skin illuminating duo in 06 Flicker on my instagram (same username as here)

Mod note: link removed. When you hit ten posts, you may link to your social media in your forum signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monsy

I’m glad you’re enjoying the quads. I have mixed feelings about them. I have the same issue with Suspicion as I did with Nude Dio and that’s, on the eye, the colors are indistinguishable. I applied the orangey color and couldn’t even tell. All I see is shimmer. Body Heat is pretty but IMO not worth the price.
this was my problem too! i feel like you need another shade from a different palette or not use all of them in order to look decent

MaryJane

this was my problem too! i feel like you need another shade from a different palette or not use all of them in order to look decent
I agree. I will say that Suspicion looks absolutely gorgeous on the eyes. I'm reconsidering if I want to keep it.

boschicka

Do you apply them dry or wet?

Monsy

dry but it's not about the pigmentation it's the fact that 2 shades are almost identical on the lid and once you add the third and the fourth one it just looks like one shade smeared all over

boschicka

dry but it's not about the pigmentation it's the fact that 2 shades are almost identical on the lid and once you add the third and the fourth one it just looks like one shade smeared all over
Yeah, I understand the issue. Was just wondering if you've used them wet. Your experience stinks and is unacceptable for such expensive shadows.

MaryJane

Do you apply them dry or wet?
Dry. I decided to keep Suspicion. When I wore it the other day I only used two shades and was very pleased with the results. To be honest, if I hadn’t gotten the 20% off at Sephora, I wouldn’t be keeping it.

Winthrop44

Dry. I decided to keep Suspicion. When I wore it the other day I only used two shades and was very pleased with the results. To be honest, if I hadn’t gotten the 20% off at Sephora, I wouldn’t be keeping it.

I rarely use more than two shades on my eyes anymore. I ordered Suspicion as well but haven't received it yet.

Monsy

Yeah, I understand the issue. Was just wondering if you've used them wet. Your experience stinks and is unacceptable for such expensive shadows.

it might be just the way i apply eyeshadows. if you are using like one shade only for all over the lid , or some other simpler look i think it would be really beautiful. it's just not for me.

boschicka

it might be just the way i apply eyeshadows. if you are using like one shade only for all over the lid , or some other simpler look i think it would be really beautiful. it's just not for me.

I hear you. I struggle with this issue. When people complain about every palette b/c it doesn't have a brow highlight shade, I think 'Omg, just buy a single and use it as your go-to." But then with an $88 quad, I would expect to be able to use all the shades together to get a coherent look.

Monsy

I hear you. I struggle with this issue. When people complain about every palette b/c it doesn't have a brow highlight shade, I think 'Omg, just buy a single and use it as your go-to." But then with an $88 quad, I would expect to be able to use all the shades together to get a coherent look.

that's exactly how i feel

Latest posts