Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Medgal07

Hey ladies. I don't know if any of you were still looking for Guillermo from the Lips & Boys collection, but Nordstrom still seems to have it and several other boys in stock.
Shameless enabler
th_hug.gif

Medgal07

Do I need another green though. I mean really. That is the question. And that particular shade of green is one I feel like I have a few of. Again it's that iridescent lighter shade that is piquing my interest, but I'm still on the fence. I'm definitely in on the blue one though. I'm lacking in blues and that duo looks unique to me.
I think I like CT's quad much better than this TF duo!!!

Missyrocks

I hadn't fallen in love with TF lippies given all my lippies I already have until I bought some boys. So having missed Julian, I just bought Pink Dusk. Got it home and thought it looked very familiar. Went through all my colors, and on me at least, it's nearly identical, I mean identical, to MAC Patisserie. I said someone else had to have thought this unless it's just on my coloring. I can't tell them apart on and that's a big difference in price. Anyone else have both? Thoughts?

MakeupAli

Oh me too. I used to haul over a dozen NPs/month---like there was an impending NP shortage!!! I love Chanel Exception (Red-brown) 639 and Dèsirio (Fuchsia Pink
Plum) 643, two of my more recent NP purchases I have several that I've never worn as well, but it's like that with all of my makeup. I'm making an effort to slow down
and enjoy the amazing items in my stash. Those efforts go out the window when a pretty new limited edition item surfaces. I'm definitely not buying new foundation
until i've depleted more than half of what I currently own. That's a little easier to pass up---especially since I'm happy with my foundation (s).

I do find my TF NPs to be pretty long-lasting before tip-wear begins to show.
Same here on the NP. I am actually wearing Chanel Exception right now which I caved and bought after that exchange with you. Not sorry. Love it. But I have definitely slowed down. And I want to try to wear my Russian NP haul of deep subtle browns before Spring comes. My latest is anti-aging skin care and eye creams-- talk about a vortex. My last TF boys arrived-- Tomas and Omar. They will be Spring colors for me. I am also getting the Chanel lippy from the Spring collection and I got their cream blush-- Affinite, not new but a very brightening Spring pink to wear with the lip. And I am going back and forth between Wicked and Flush.

MakeupAli

Do I need another green though. I mean really. That is the question. And that particular shade of green is one I feel like I have a few of. Again it's that iridescent lighter shade that is piquing my interest, but I'm still on the fence. I'm definitely in on the blue one though. I'm lacking in blues and that duo looks unique to me.
I use those deep shades as liners so I am tempted by GA Minuit. I did get Emeraude which I will use that way. So I am pretty much waiting for the return of Nude Dip at this point.

MakeupAli

I'm just lucky I'm back at school and no longer near a counter. Or else I really would have more!
There's a lot of crossover in our picks. And a strange thing happened to me-- I liked Xavier so much that I ordered Violet Fatale and was planning to return Xavier. But the two are not identical. I tried to photograph them to show you ladies the difference. But the camera is not picking it up because with the storm etc. the light is low and the flash gets triggered. But I find it odd.

laurennnxox

There's a lot of crossover in our picks. And a strange thing happened to me-- I liked Xavier so much that I ordered Violet Fatale and was planning to return Xavier. But the two are not identical. I tried to photograph them to show you ladies the difference. But the camera is not picking it up because with the storm etc. the light is low and the flash gets triggered. But I find it odd.
Really? Sometimes minute differences are hard to pick up on camera. Could you possibly describe how they're different? I'm just curious! and might also need VF! :)

EllaS

I use those deep shades as liners so I am tempted by GA Minuit. I did get Emeraude which I will use that way. So I am pretty much waiting for the return of Nude Dip at this point.
These deep shades are great as liners. I just think the green in the Jade duo is reminding me so much of the greens in the Hourglass Color Field palette I just bought. And the eye I did using Color Field looks so similar to the eye I did using the GA Green Iron tint. So really, another green!?!?! Ugh. It would be great if Nude Dip made a return - a gorgeous palette for sure.

MakeupAli

Yeah. It does. And I feel the same. My gut tells me I'll be a little mad at myself for buying shades similar to those I own, but then it also tells me I'll have skipper's remorse if I don't get them!

Well I have to agree Meddy. The greens in the Rebel palette are more unique. This is why it's frustrating because I put off buying the rebel palette because it's perm and I have no choice but to buy these duos if I think there's even a remote chance I'll regret not getting them because they're LE. Cursed LE!!!
These deep shades are great as liners. I just think the green in the Jade duo is reminding me so much of the greens in the Hourglass Color Field palette I just bought. And the eye I did using Color Field looks so similar to the eye I did using the GA Green Iron tint. So really, another green!?!?! Ugh. It would be great if Nude Dip made a return - a gorgeous palette for sure.
Yes, I saw your IG photos and I totally understand why you feel that way. The looks are beautiful, but you have them. The SA told me Nude Dip is due back but right now I can't get hold of him. Maybe he's on vaca. I was looking at the MAC Toledo Green because it's different but probably a bit yellow toned with a hint of green. I'm one who can wear Chartreuse especially in summer, but not sure I would need a whole palette. I pulled out the Nars New Wave Palette which has a lovely Chartreuse, but way too powdery for me. Perhaps someone with more oily lids could rock it. The one I've been interested in-- but will be unlikely to find is a Dior Japanese exclusive that has a chartreuse, a blue-teal, s green-gold and a silvered champagne.

Medgal07

Same here on the NP. I am actually wearing Chanel Exception right now which I caved and bought after that exchange with you. Not sorry. Love it. But I have definitely slowed down. And I want to try to wear my Russian NP haul of deep subtle browns before Spring comes. My latest is anti-aging skin care and eye creams-- talk about a vortex. My last TF boys arrived-- Tomas and Omar. They will be Spring colors for me. I am also getting the Chanel lippy from the Spring collection and I got their cream blush-- Affinite, not new but a very brightening Spring pink to wear with the lip. And I am going back and forth between Wicked and Flush.
pompom.gif
I am so glad you love Exception!!! Which skincare line are you into. I don't buy anything that doesn't say Anti-aging!!!!
girlhaha.gif

Which Chanel lippie are you getting from the spring collection? I haven't yet worn any of mine & I got them last month! This is really
​ cracking me up. I wore Affinite last week. I LOVE Chanel cream blush & purchased every one them!!! You have to know by now
what I'll say about Wicked & Flush----get both! One is raspberry pink & the other is orange-coral---you need both!!!

Medgal07

Yeah. It does. And I feel the same. My gut tells me I'll be a little mad at myself for buying shades similar to those I own, but then it also tells me I'll have skipper's remorse if I don't get them!

Well I have to agree Meddy. The greens in the Rebel palette are more unique. This is why it's frustrating because I put off buying the rebel palette because it's perm and I have no choice but to buy these duos if I think there's even a remote chance I'll regret not getting them because they're LE. Cursed LE!!!
For all my raving about the Rebel palette, guess which one is sitting in my cart???? Vintage Vamp!!!
I'll probably end up with both!!!

Bronwyn

For all my raving about the Rebel palette, guess which one is sitting in my cart???? Vintage Vamp!!!
You must get vintage vamp! It's beautiful, and the name is ridiculously accurate. I would say the highlight shade alone is rather unique and complex, a beautiful champagne shade with some subtle red shimmer running through it.

MrsBaine

Quote: Originally Posted by Vineetha

Jade duo
http://instagram.com/p/yWgHfkKvqW/
I have one! I did a review on my blog too: http://beautydeux.com/2015/01/23/full-review-tom-ford-le-spring-2015-eye-shadow-duo-raw-jade/
I much prefer Raw Jade to Ripe Plum. I tried it the other night; It's pretty, but RJ is more unique.

MrsBaine

pompom.gif
I am so glad you love Exception!!! Which skincare line are you into. I don't buy anything that doesn't say Anti-aging!!!!
girlhaha.gif

Which Chanel lippie are you getting from the spring collection? I haven't yet worn any of mine & I got them last month! This is really
​ cracking me up. I wore Affinite last week. I LOVE Chanel cream blush & purchased every one them!!! You have to know by now
what I'll say about Wicked & Flush----get both! One is raspberry pink & the other is orange-coral---you need both!!!
I'm with Medgal; I love both Flush and Wicked. I wore Flush almost everyday last summer and I got Wicked a couple of months ago. It will end up being my Summer pink.

MakeupAli

pompom.gif
girlhaha.gif

Exception is the perfect brown red. Last Spring, I got a few of the Dior gel shines which I haven't worn that much so I am looking forward to wearing them this Spring. A lot of the more recent Chanel NP's remind me of some vintage shades I already have and barely get to wear so I am going to try to wear those instead. I'm getting La Romanesque and also BG has an LE Yeux Stylo in a pearly taupe which I am getting. The Chanel cream blushes are my favorite formula.I have Presage and Intonation with a backup. Just now looking at Revelation and Cheeky. Revelation is like my standby lip color, but less brightening than I really need but would be wearable. Cheeky would almost work as a bronzer. Flush looks close to Intonation and since I have 2 of them, I was leaning more to Wicked. But of course the texture could make a difference.

MakeupAli

I'm with Medgal; I love both Flush and Wicked. I wore Flush almost everyday last summer and I got Wicked a couple of months ago. It will end up being my Summer pink.
I am tempted by them both but some of my Chanel cream blushes are close. At the moment I am leaning towards Flush, even though it is close to Intonation. I'm hoping to head to some counters and try it today.

Medgal07

You must get vintage vamp! It's beautiful, and the name is ridiculously accurate. I would say the highlight shade alone is rather unique and complex, a beautiful champagne shade with some subtle red shimmer running through it.
th_DANCE.gif
Thanks for that product endorsement Bronwyn!!! I'll definitely get Vintage vamp first!!!!

Latest posts